This Ubuntu Ireland Team IRC meeting was held at 9pm Irish time on Wednesday the 16th of November 2011, in the #ubuntu-ie channel on FreeNode. Everyone was welcome to attend and to add topics to the agenda (below)
Review of previous action items
Standing agenda item
Report on Oneric CD Distribution
Wiki vs LoCo Team Portal
Adding admins to facebook page or and RSS updater
A google + page?
#title #ubuntu-ie Meeting
Meeting started by ebel at 21:05:11 UTC. The full logs are available at http://ubottu.com/meetingology/logs/ubuntu-ie/2011/ubuntu-ie.2011-11-16-21.05.log.html .
Meeting started Wed Nov 16 21:05:11 2011 UTC
LINK: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/IrishTeam/IRCMeetings/2011-11-16 (ebel, 21:05:34)
- Review of previous action items
- Review of previous action items
- Report on Oneric CD Distribution
ACTION: ebel to reply to people already contacted wrt to cds (ebel, 21:16:36)
Wiki vs LoCo Team Portal from airurando
- Adding admins to facebook page or and RSS updater
- A google + page? from infoturtle again
- Ubuntu Hour
- team reports
- meeting structure/schedule
Meeting ended at 21:51:04 UTC.
- ebel to reply to people already contacted wrt to cds
Action items, by person
- * ebel to reply to people already contacted wrt to cds
People present (lines said)
- ebel (82)
- airurando (51)
- infoturtle (47)
- slashtommy (15)
- meetingology (4)
- imgarysmith (4)
- Bpb101 (1)
21:05:11 <ebel> #startmeeting
21:05:11 <meetingology> Available commands: #accept #accepted #action #agree #agreed #chair #commands #endmeeting #endvote #halp #help #idea #info #link #lurk #meetingname #meetingtopic #nick #progress #rejected #replay #restrictlogs #save #startmeeting #subtopic #topic #unchair #undo #unlurk #vote #voters #votesrequired
21:05:22 <ebel> welcome to the nov. 2011 orc meeting
21:05:31 <ebel> here's the agenda: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/IrishTeam/IRCMeetings/2011-11-16
21:05:34 <ebel> #link https://wiki.ubuntu.com/IrishTeam/IRCMeetings/2011-11-16
21:05:44 <infoturtle> A meeting for Orcs?
21:06:05 <ebel> PLease say PRESENT if you're here
21:06:06 <ebel> PRESENT
21:06:12 <slashtommy> PRESENT
21:06:13 <imgarysmith> present
21:06:18 <infoturtle> PRESENT
21:06:22 <Bpb101> Present and new
21:06:45 <infoturtle> hello Bpb101 and welcome
21:06:46 <airurando> PRESENT
21:06:50 <ebel> Bpb101: welcomer 21:07:01 * ebel is not having luck with hitting the right keys today :P
21:07:08 <ebel> #topic Review of previous action items
21:07:15 <ebel> [topic] Review of previous action items 21:07:35 * ebel is unsure if he's using meetingology correctly, aren't you supposed to get a PM when you do a command?
21:07:47 <ebel> anyways, anyone wanna say anything on this topic?
21:08:15 <infoturtle> what were the previous actions?
21:08:32 <airurando> last one I think related to ebel mailing the list re CDs
21:08:44 <airurando> no other actions I believe
21:08:56 <ebel> yep, cds are next topic.
21:09:27 <airurando> yip move on
21:09:40 <ebel> #topic Report on Oneric CD Distribution
21:09:59 <ebel> as you know we got ~250 cds from canonical of offical professionally manufactured cds of 11.10
21:10:06 <ebel> for distrubution around ireland
21:10:57 <infoturtle> Have many claimed them yet?
21:11:04 <ebel> I've emailed the mailing list and gotten some replies for worthy causes 21:11:13 * slashtommy suggests an Ubuntu Hour next weekend to distribute them
21:11:19 <ebel> I have given ~ 10ish to benchapman/thejetset for codedojo
21:11:29 <ebel> and similar left some at TOG, the dublin hackersapce
21:11:42 <imgarysmith> ebel I emailed you a few mins ago about it
21:12:00 <ebel> I'll need to email people who replied already and ask them to send me a SAE so I can send them
21:12:05 <ebel> (If you're outside dublin)
21:12:15 <infoturtle> Can do
21:12:20 <ebel> inside dublin, i presume a physical meetup would be easiest for all around
21:12:28 <infoturtle> There's a few places I wish to drop them off to
21:12:41 <ebel> So if you think you could use some cds, email me: rory@technomancy and tell me what you'd do with them
21:12:58 <ebel> uptake has been less than last time alas
21:13:14 <airurando> ebel, infoturtle I should be able to drop some to Limerick early December
21:13:15 <ebel> some good news: the folks in limerick co.co. are still using ubuntu, so I'll send some down there
21:13:25 <infoturtle> is that technomancy.ie or .com?
21:13:31 <ebel> infoturtle: .org
21:13:42 <infoturtle> cheers
21:13:43 <ebel> (or yeah, forgot to include a TLD :P )
21:13:51 <ebel> so email me: firstname.lastname@example.org
21:14:07 <ebel> Any questions? comments? feedback?
21:14:29 <infoturtle> how much postage should I cover?
21:14:59 <infoturtle> sorry, just saw airurando, that would be great if you could
21:15:09 <ebel> I'm not sure. I posted them last time in a postoffice and your one weighed them and said diue to size that it was a 'small parcel'
21:15:18 <ebel> think it was â‚¬1.50 maybe....
21:15:20 <ebel> or â‚¬2
21:15:30 <infoturtle> ah grand
21:15:41 <ebel> deffo sub â‚¬5
21:16:05 <ebel> (shame there's no easy way to get refund on unused stamps...)
21:16:21 <ebel> anything else?
21:16:36 <ebel> #action ebel to reply to people already contacted wrt to cds 21:16:36 * meetingology ebel to reply to people already contacted wrt to cds
21:17:19 <ebel> Once I've distributed some CDs, we'll see how many are left, maybe another ask the list situtation
21:17:27 <ebel> #topic Wiki vs LoCo Team Portal from airurando
21:17:34 <ebel> airurando: care to take it away?
21:17:54 <airurando> thanks ebel
21:18:27 <airurando> Can we drop recording event and meeting details on the Wiki? We have been dual recording these details on the Wiki and in the LoCo Team Portal (formerly the LoCo Dir) for several months now.
21:18:50 <slashtommy> aye, i highlighted this problem over a year ago
21:19:02 <airurando> aye slashtommy
21:19:21 <slashtommy> have one place for events, and everything else points to the one source
21:19:22 <infoturtle> seems like a good idea, no need for more than one copy
21:19:40 <slashtommy> exactly, same goes for facebook and google+
21:19:45 <airurando> but I was happy to run then in parallel until we were sure the LoCo Team Portal was for us.
21:20:18 <airurando> *them 21:20:19 * ebel is relatively disinterested in the outcome, and sees no massive difference between the two
21:20:48 <infoturtle> agrees
21:21:03 <slashtommy> grand, it's decided then
21:21:21 <ebel> ok
21:21:27 <airurando> cool wiki dropped
21:21:32 <ebel> #agreed IrishTeam wiki page to be deleted
21:21:34 <ebel> right?
21:21:37 <ebel> or:
21:21:42 <ebel> #agreed IrishTeam wiki page to be abandoned
21:21:51 <slashtommy> point it to the loco
21:21:58 <ebel> kewl
21:22:07 <ebel> next:
21:22:10 <ebel> #topic Adding admins to facebook page or and RSS updater
21:22:14 <ebel> from infoturtle
21:22:50 <infoturtle> Ya, time is no longer my friend and maybe if we had more admins to post events and such on facebook then user there would get more from it
21:23:05 <infoturtle> I can be quite forgetful too and just forget to add things
21:23:25 <slashtommy> infoturtle: see above
21:23:28 <infoturtle> at the moment I'm the only one who can use facebook as the Ubuntu-ie page
21:23:32 <slashtommy> have one place for events, and everything else points to the one source 21:24:09 * ebel has no problem being a facebook admin, but cannot really commit to doing much actually with it
21:24:14 <infoturtle> indeed, I'm saying my problems is not being able to update the page, unless I do it via auto RSS
21:24:16 <airurando> slashtommy you know there are people who use facebook but not the loco
21:24:19 <ebel> wonder if you can pull stuff in from L.D.
21:24:33 <infoturtle> via rss you can
21:24:54 <infoturtle> I have an account for one of those auto feed I could just like if that's cool with everybody
21:25:08 <airurando> infoturtle I'd be happy to be an admin also
21:25:09 <infoturtle> *link instead of like
21:25:11 <infoturtle> soory
21:25:24 <infoturtle> airurando fantastic
21:25:30 <ebel> rss sounds like it might solve a lot of problems?
21:25:33 <slashtommy> airurando: i suggest linking to the LD
21:25:39 <slashtommy> from the facebook page
21:25:55 <airurando> can we do that?
21:26:09 <airurando> if so who will do that?
21:26:15 <infoturtle> I wouldn't know how to link to the LD 21:26:40 * ebel hopes there's just an RSS feed somewhere
21:27:45 <airurando> identica can post to twitter and twitter then to normal facebook accounts (not sure about group pages) 21:28:37 * ebel is unsure
21:28:40 <infoturtle> airurando, could be perfect if it did
21:28:58 <airurando> I suppose the topic was simply to add more admins
21:29:05 <infoturtle> will I check that out and if not link an RSS to it and make airurando admin anyway?
21:29:06 <airurando> are we drifting
21:29:40 <ebel> well perhaps, but would sorting out auto rss remove the need for more admins?
21:30:13 <airurando> can we do that in the context of this meeting?
21:30:29 <ebel> infoturtle: your call, you're admining it now.
21:30:33 <infoturtle> handy to have more anyway so it's not just me as admin. Just in case anything needs to be added or changed
21:30:47 <ebel> wanna make it easy for you, just put me, and I presume, airurando down as admins
21:30:56 <infoturtle> cool, will do then
21:31:01 <ebel> wanna do a long term solution, then figure oiut some rss?
21:31:23 <infoturtle> perfect
21:31:41 <ebel> kewl
21:31:51 <ebel> #topic A google + page? from infoturtle again
21:32:12 <infoturtle> ya, now that g+ allows pages I see an awful lot of locos starting pages
21:32:22 <infoturtle> do we want one or is what we have enough?
21:32:53 <ebel> you wanna set one up?
21:33:01 <airurando> I think we shoud generate one and park it until we sort it all out.
21:33:30 <airurando> whatever the major social platforms are we should have a presence.
21:33:32 <infoturtle> I can do ya, but g+ doesn't support multi admins yet
21:33:33 <imgarysmith> It can't be any harm having one, spread the Ubuntu love
21:33:49 <infoturtle> so if I do it it'll just be me till they allow it
21:34:02 <slashtommy> infoturtle: if you want to set one up, go for it 21:34:12 * ebel would have no problem with that personally
21:34:26 <airurando> fine by me
21:34:41 <infoturtle> cool, I'll part it for now and see how it takes
21:34:45 <ebel> kewl
21:34:46 <infoturtle> *park
21:34:54 <infoturtle> god dam typing skills
21:34:54 <ebel> #topic AOB?
21:35:13 <slashtommy> ubuntu hour?
21:36:17 <airurando> 02 Dec 11?
21:36:27 <airurando> czajkowski is home I think?
21:36:28 <slashtommy> laura is here!
21:36:44 <ebel> yes
21:36:50 <ebel> #topic Ubuntu Hour
21:37:05 <slashtommy> good plan, i will consult czajkowski arrange a date/location and tell everyone
21:37:23 <ebel> kewl
21:37:32 <airurando> cool
21:37:46 <airurando> I've 2 more things
21:37:53 <airurando> team reports
21:38:05 <airurando> and
21:38:19 <airurando> meeting structure and schedule
21:39:06 <airurando> ebel can you #topic the first
21:39:18 <ebel> #topic team reports
21:39:37 <airurando> we haven't published a team report since August
21:40:01 <airurando> tdr112 is our lead on this but he is very busy.
21:40:19 <airurando> I've been chatting to hime and I had hoped he would be here.
21:40:29 <ebel> oh yes, tdr112's been working lots
21:40:50 <airurando> during our chats he stated he would look for new blood to help with the team reports.
21:41:05 <airurando> was gonna ask here.
21:41:42 <airurando> The Reports were a great help for our reapproval application during the Summer.
21:41:53 <airurando> To drift away from them is not good.
21:42:03 <airurando> any volunteers?
21:43:09 <infoturtle> I'm quite tied as it is but if no one else does I can try
21:43:15 <ebel> yeah
21:43:24 <infoturtle> it would be a shame to see that part just fall off 21:43:28 * ebel probably won't have time...
21:43:56 <airurando> I've helped a bit in the past but I was hopeing someone else could chip in
21:45:11 <infoturtle> will we put it to the mailing list?
21:45:20 <ebel> probably best
21:45:20 <infoturtle> in case someone not present would like to try it
21:45:28 <airurando> I'd like tdr112 to lead this
21:45:49 <airurando> ansd that is prob a goo idea infoturtle
21:46:01 <airurando> move on
21:46:26 <ebel> yeah
21:46:27 <airurando> meeting structure/schedule
21:46:36 <ebel> #topic meeting structure/schedule
21:47:04 <airurando> do we need to introduce more flexibility into our scheduling?
21:47:34 <airurando> I championed the 3rd Weds idea but is it working?
21:48:07 <infoturtle> Well all here may say it suits, we need that people that can't make it to comment on this
21:48:12 <ebel> TBH something that annoyed me with the meeting was the length (usually 1Â½ hrs), rather than day time
21:48:13 <infoturtle> perhaps? 21:48:25 * ebel has no objection to weds or other nights
21:48:34 <airurando> Are folks happy toI hear you ebel 21:48:35 * ebel slightly prefers the 9pm, gives time for dinner etc.
21:48:51 <imgarysmith> 9pm suits me better too
21:49:01 <airurando> me three
21:49:12 <infoturtle> I good with it
21:49:37 <airurando> infoturtle it was mentioned on the mailing list and the response was nil
21:49:47 <infoturtle> fair nuff
21:49:53 <infoturtle> can't do more for them so
21:49:57 <airurando> ok stick with 3rd Weds and 9pm
21:50:02 <ebel> yeah
21:50:06 <infoturtle> agreed
21:50:14 <ebel> no objections, so stick with it.
21:50:18 <airurando> all done here
21:50:20 <ebel> #agreed keep irc mweewtin same
21:50:24 <ebel> #topic AOB?
21:50:45 <airurando> not here
21:50:49 <infoturtle> not from me anyway
21:51:04 <ebel> #endmeeting