Free Software history
- Debian Developper since 2000: glibc, initrd-tools, mailutils, grep, inetutils, Hurd porter, sponsor, debconf organiser, d-i porting.
- GNU Maintainer since 1995: mailutils, inetutils
- GNU Sysadmin from 1995 to 2004
- Gnome Foundation Member
Other contributions and life: http://www.raspberryginger.com/jbailey/resume
- Ubuntu member since 2005.
- C, C++, IP, HTML, PHP, ECMAScript, SQL, XML, Python, Java
- Servers: ISP and Corporate IT
In the past I have contributed to the following:
- Gnome troubleshooting / bug reporting / patching
- initrd/[initramfs] work
among other things. I'm not generally keeping this list up to date.
These days I assist with ongoing toolchain and ports work.
I worked at Canonical from 2005 to 2007. I spent time on the distro team and as the Ops manager for the Global Support and Services team. These days I work for Google.
- Key ID: 0xD0980A99
- IRC: jbailey (freenode, mozilla, gimpnet, oftc)
I have a almost 15 years of experience in corporate IT. I am Novell certified, have integrated GNU/Linux into NT LANs, and have corporate telephony experience (traditional, as well as IP based)