Juan Carlos Torres (Jucato)
- IRC: Jucato
- I'm 23 years old from Laguna, Philippines; a graduate of AB Philosophy.
- Currently still unemployed (for various reasons).
- I've been using Linux and Kubuntu on a desktop for over a year now (January 7 marks my Linux birthday).
- I've always wanted to give back to the community that has given me so much, so I do every little way that I can to help.
- I'm mainly interested in, and currently self-studying programming, web design/development, and a bit of (computer) graphic design. And I like cats.
What I've done (so far)
For the past months I've been mainly doing user support, both for Kubuntu and KDE in general. I help in the forums, both Ubuntuforums and KFN., and in IRC. The bulk of my contribution to the Ubuntu community so far has come from user support.
- I have also done some amount of bug reporting and triaging (for both Kubuntu and KDE).
- I have also recently become an Operator in #kubuntu
- I have written two patches for Konqueror and submitted those upstream (still waiting...)
- I plan to get more involved with the technical aspects of Kubuntu development, like packaging. And as my programming knowledge gets better, maybe even more technical stuff
- I plan to continue helping with increasing the quality (and quanity?) of user support, specially in Kubuntu. I'm specifically focusing on KFN and #kubuntu.
- I plan on coordinating with the Forum Council and with KFN's owner, to see what we could do about KFN's current status and any future plans for it.
- I also plan on getting a little bit involved with documentation, but those plans are still on hold.