|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 14:||Line 14:|
|* Locate suitable donation candidates and expand the project.||* Locate suitable donation candidates and expand the project. '''(In Discussion)'''|
|Line 25:||Line 25:|
|Zuph is in contact with the Oldham County School Board. Additionally, the Board conducts an annual auction.||Zuph is in contact with the Oldham County School Board. He has obtained roughly 60 computers meeting our requirements. They will be available mid-April.
He would like volunteers to help move them.
Roadmap: (To do items...in order)
Petition local organizations to donate functional machines. (In progress)
- prefer 500mhz or greater, and intact. Other specs are variable.
Determine central meeting place. (Holding)
- get the computers working, up to certain spec, and install Ubuntu.
Develop our Linux package. (In Discussion)
- consider using Edubuntu, or a derivative, that will run on slow machines.
- it would be preferably to have a Mirror of Wikipedia on the machines (almost 10gb of data)
- try to standardize the package for slipstreaming.
Locate suitable donation candidates and expand the project. (In Discussion)
Topics of discussion:
- Who can get machines? How many and what kind of Specs?
- What should our MINIMUM baseline specs be? Most utilities will run reasonably well on 500mhz.
- What do we want in our Linux Package? Who has the expertise to slipstream this into one install CD?
All of this is in order of priority. I will update this post periodically with important info from the thread.
LEADS ON COMPUTERS
Zuph is in contact with the Oldham County School Board. He has obtained roughly 60 computers meeting our requirements. They will be available mid-April. He would like volunteers to help move them.
To make comments on the project, or ask questions, go to the forum at http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=351344
[:KentuckyTeam/CharityProject/Members:Charity Project Members]