Get the automated chroot build scripts
A common set of tools used by the kernel team are maintained in a git repository.
- buildscripts: Scripts used to farm out the kernel builds to very fast remote
- chroot-setup: Scripts to setup jailed kernel compilation enviroments.
- daily-test-isos: Scripts and support files to produce daily, custom test isos.
- git-hooks: Optional hooks to help you commit patches
- maintscripts: Scripts used for general / stable kernel maintenance
- mainline-build: Scripts to produce .debs for mainline kernels
- misc: Everything else...
Download them using the following command.
git clone git://kernel.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/kteam-tools.git kteam-tools
Create the chroot environment
To automatically create the chroot environment use:
chroot-setup/make_chroot <suite> <arch> [<mirror>]
sudo mkdir -p /usr3/chroots # prep environment sudo chroot-setup/make_chroot precise amd64 http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu
- arch stands for different arch supported by the CPU, for example i386 on AMD64 or LPIA on i386 etc.
- suite stands for release name such as hardy, gutsy, intrepid etc.
mirror stands for the http location to download environment from, http://host[:port]/dir/
Note: You don't need to specify a mirror when using the LPIA arch