How does a Kernel Team script determine what Ubuntu series the bug was filed against?
The algorithm for determining the series a bug was filed against is given below. The order is significant and indicates the order the checks are made. As soon as a series is found, no further checks are made:
- Look in the bug description for:
"DistroRelease" which apport has been putting into the description for quiet some time.
- "Linux version string"
- "Description:" name/value pair which can contain the series version.
- "Release:" name/value pair which can contain the series version.
The string: "Ubuntu <series>".
- Look in log files that the original submitter has attached to the bug:
- "Dmesg.txt" / "dmesg.log"
- Look at the tags that have been added to the bug for a valid series. Note, there can be multiple specified so the first one found "wins".
- Look in the bug title for a valid series name. Again there can be multiple and again, the first found "wins".