|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 18:||Line 18:|
|* LUGs are not tied to one distro, and can therefore be distro/technology agnostic.|
Working With Other User Groups
- Common feelings:
"LUGs are meatspace" - LoCo teams tend to be more virtual (national/statewide vs. "local")
- "LUGs are dying" - Linux is widely demystified, Internet/forums have taken the need for meatspace stuff
- A contentious statement with no evidence to back it up.
- In the UK there are over 100 LUGs, some generate hundreds of mails a month, some are less active of course
- LUGs do good things in the community.
- Info Points
- Software Freedom Day mobilisation of troops to raise awareness
- LUGs provide an on-tap resource of local knowledgable technical people
- LUGs are not tied to one distro, and can therefore be distro/technology agnostic.
Some LoCos can complement this