How to get involved ?
All the information concerning the development of Lubuntu are gathered on this page.
If you want to start to contribute, you probably want to start with a small. You can start with LXDE (see LXDE development section), or with a small Lubuntu application (see Lubuntu specific development section) and check the source code, or the bug list.
You can also check the list of tasks assign to the team for this cycle (see Current Tasks section).
Finally, if you have a specific question, you can contact us on IRC or mailing list.
See Truty schedule : https://wiki.ubuntu.com/TrustyTahr/ReleaseSchedule , We share the same deadlines as Ubuntu.
Source code : http://lxde.git.sourceforge.net/git/gitweb-index.cgi
Bug tracker : https://sourceforge.net/projects/lxde/
Wiki : http://wiki.lxde.org/
Lubuntu specific development
All project should be gathered under https://launchpad.net/lubuntu
Official & used applications (available by default on Lubuntu)
Lubuntu-Software-Center : https://launchpad.net/lubuntu-software-center
Lubuntu-Artwork : https://launchpad.net/lubuntu-artwork
Lubuntu-Default-Settings : https://launchpad.net/lubuntu-default-settings
Lubuntu-Tweaks : https://launchpad.net/lubuntu-tweaks
Abandonned - not maintained projects
- Lubuntu Netbook Remix
Maintaining Lubuntu specific packages
How to manage thoses packages :
- Install bzr-builddeb and devscripts
- When you do a modification, add an entry in debian/changelog and run "debcommit" to commit change.
- To test the package, use bzr-buildpackage. It will generate the deb in ../build-area/
- To generate the source for upload, use bzr-buildpackage -S
- When you want to release, use "dch -r" and "debcommit -r"
Pre and Post release TODO
A list of things to do before, and after a release on this page.
- Including small fixing waiting for confirmation
Daily builds (https://launchpad.net/~lubuntu-dev/+archive/lubuntu-daily)
- Daily builds of LXDE and some Lubuntu specific components
- Unstable and not always tested.
Daily artwork builds (https://launchpad.net/~lubuntu-art/+archive/daily)
- Daily builds for all the work from Lubuntu Artwork team (Wallpapers, Icons, Themes ...)
- Visually unstable, but the system should be stable.
Non official apps staging (https://launchpad.net/~lubuntu-dev/+archive/non-official-apps)
- Staging area for non official applications in Lubuntu
- Unstable on optional components.
Lubuntu-desktop : https://launchpad.net/~lubuntu-desktop/+archive/ppa
- Old PPA for previous releases. Not necessary if you have a recent release (11.10 or older).
Reverse activation of a PPA
You can use apt-add-repository to disable and remove packages installed by a PPA. you can use the following command:
sudo apt-add-repository -r ppa:Name_of_ppa
E.g., if the ppa is test/ppa the command would be:
sudo apt-add-repository -r ppa:test/ppa
Documentation for developers
Lubuntu derivated distributions
LXDE development on other distributions
Useful Forum Links
This is for the discussion of the development of the next version of Lubuntu (Saucy Salamander). Saucy is in development and will be released in October 2013. Please note that Lubuntu Developers do not usually read the forums, to report a problem found in Raring report the bug in Launchpad.