Main Inclusion Report for libmsn
Availability: http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/universe/libm/libmsn/; available and builds for all supported architectures
- Build dependency of kdenetwork. Kopete needs it in KDE 4.2 onward for its MSN chat protocol plugin
- Not in any CVE tracker, no known holes.
- No binaries are running as root or suid/sgid; no daemons
- Would have network activity inasmuch as it handles network traffic for MSN chats, which includes receiving incoming files over chat.
- Handles network data for MSN chat
- Allows p2p file transfers between MSN chat users.
- No review has been performed
- In no situation does the package not work out of the box without configuration
- The package does not ask any debconf questions
- No bugs in the Debian bug tracker, still in Debian NEW queue
Upstream is calm
- Hardware: This package does not deal with exotic hardware
- libmsn has a test suite that is not built or run by default
- Does not provide a UI
debhelper (>= 6.0.7), cmake, libssl-dev
- All of these are in main
- This is a simple package requiring little work
Pau Garcia i Quiles <firstname.lastname@example.org> is marked as the maintainer. He is a Debian developer
- The general purpose and context of the package is clear from the package's debian/control file.
- Upstream has always called with this software "libmsn", as far as I can see.
- Implements a cleanly reverse-engineered chat protocol.
MIR bug: https://launchpad.net/bugs/308060
[Author] Jonathan Thomas (LP ~echidnaman)