Main inclusion report for tdb
1. Availability: http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/universe/t/tdb, compiled on all arches.
2. Rationale: build dependency of debtags
- No CANs.
- No Secunia record.
libtdb1, tdb-dev: no executables.
tdb-tools: No executables which run with elevated privileges.
libtdb1, tdb-dev: only a library, no end user tool.
tdb-tools: command line tools, but no manpages, no documentation.
- Bugs: no showstopper Debian bugs.
- No special hardware interaction.
5. Standards compliance:
Standard debhelper packaging.
- FHS met.
Does not meet library policy: wrong package name tdb-dev, should be libtdb-dev.
- Does not meet Debian Policy: no manpages.
- Source package is a mess, lots of undocumented patches in the diff.gz.
MartinPitt: Okay security-wise, but maintaining this package will not be enjoyable. I don't like to see tdb-tools in main. libtdb1 and tdb-dev in main is fine for me.