Main Inclusion Report for sourcepackage
Availability: http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/universe/libk/libkarma/; available for all supported architectures
For having Amarok support for the Rio Karma media device, they need this library in the main repository. See https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/amarok/+bug/89591 It works perfectly with Amarok packages from Debian, but I think Ubuntu should support the Rio Karma from scratch too.
- Build dependency of Amarok --with-libkarma
- No security history.
- works out of the box
- libtagc, libc6
- This package is needed in main for Amarok to be compiled with support for the DAP Rio Karma
- For filesystem access to the Rio Karma you need to compile the module OMFS (from package omfs-source)
- at the moment omfs-source 0.7.4 doesn't work with hardy kernel 2.6.24-8.8 but v0.7.6 from omfs homepage does (bug already reported to package omfs-source)
- libkarma is needed by Aramok to access the meta data of the Karma, so OMFS is neccessary for libkarma
- you can mount the Karma with pmount; I use an fstab entry
This MIR should be added to the queue again when the report is complete and my comments below answered. -iwj
Is anything missing in this MIR? Sorry for that, it is my first one.
Discussion in bug 89591 suggests that this isn't going to be useful without OMFS in our kernel. Is that correct ? Has agreement in principle been achieved for this ? -iwj
That is correct in principle, for full support of the Rio Karma you need OMFS. Therefore you find a package omfs-source' in the gutsy repository. See also: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/pmount/+bug/78345 What is a Rio Karma media device ? From context an mp3 player ? Is that correct ? -iwj Right. It is a HDD music player which supports mp3, ogg and some other formats. See http://www.digitalnetworksna.com/shop/_templates/item_main_Rio.asp?model=261&cat=72 for more details (Hope this isn't rated as commercial )
Right. It is a HDD music player which supports mp3, ogg and some other formats. See http://www.digitalnetworksna.com/shop/_templates/item_main_Rio.asp?model=261&cat=72 for more details (Hope this isn't rated as commercial )