Setting up firmware for devices with Marvel 8686 wireless chips
If you have a MID with non-functional wireless, and the following message in your dmesg output:
libertas_sdio mmc1:0001:1: firmware: requesting sd8686_helper.bin libertas: can't load helper firmware libertas: failed to load helper firmware
You need to manually install the Marvell 8686 firmware to get your device functional
1. Grab the firmware package from Marvell here: http://www.marvell.com/drivers/driverDisplay.do?driverId=203 and copy it to your non-wireless device
2. Extract the downloaded zip file, then extract SD-8686-FEDORA26FC6-SYSKT-GPL-9.70.3.p24-26409.P45.tar within it. Extract the FwImage folder.
3. Inside there are two files, helper_sd.bin and sd8686.bin. Rename helper_sd.bin to sd8686_helper.bin, then copy both to /lib/firmware
4. Restart the device. The wireless device should appear as ethX
5. I've had issues using network manager causing it to lock my Jax10, you might need to use iwconfig to set the wireless options.