Date: Saturday, March 8, 2008
Time: 10:00am - 2:30pm
Location: Loyola College Center for Community Informatics, 8890 McGaw Rd., Columbia, MD 21045 (Google Map)
Advertising and Promotional Materials
We manage our advertising using a custom Google map. This map keeps track of all of the brick-and-mortar locations friendly to group advertising flyers. This map may change as events are nearing, as it will be modified to reflect the current status of advertising attempts. See the Advertising Locations page for information on how to advertise on online venues.
Flyers, Handouts, etc.
- Make flyers or other promotional material
Post the flyers around the state. If you've found a community billboard that's friendly to Ubuntu, make a note of it on the Advertising Locations page.
- Post updated hardware and equipment list to the wiki (See above "Available Hardware").
- Make sure our equipment and supplies are ready.
- Find or create a legal waiver.
- Find or create a simple user manual with information on where to find assistance.
- Look into the possibility of creating a presentation for new Ubuntu users. This can be shown at the install fest and also installed onto individual systems for review later.