Team Page: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MassachusettsTeam
Meeting Log: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MassachusettsTeam/Meetings/IRCLogs/2008-01-31
Meeting Chair: Martin Owen
Meeting Minutes by: Person's Name
Installfest which is happening Feb 23rd 9-6 for installers and 10-5 for general public
installfest at Mel King's "South End Technology Center" floor plan...But, we are thinking the tape instead of planning the floorplan
List of names that we can choose for the installfest...
- Ubuntupalooza, ubuntuparty, The UP,
- "free as in beer fest"
- UBUNTU 08
- Replace your windows with Ubuntu!
- On the old flyer, we are missing "a paragraph about what we do, "Free windows alternative",
- "FREE STUFF" the paragraph should read, Bring, your computer and we will replace that with a free operating system...
- maybe not installfest, but more demonstration? most people are afraid to get things installed right away...
Sign in Sheet: Name, Where they heard from installfest, and e-mail address Goal: Educate, inform, install, fix issues, teach, and promote
- We want "demo Stations" that are dedicated to demo on
- "Hourly introduction talk" Spoken by Brian Falik: why ubuntu is interesting
- 1. Eye Candy
- 2. Amount of programs and how you get to them
- 3. It is free
- 4. you don't need to run virus and spyware scans
- we need one of the 2 rectangular tables to be the "greeter Table" round doesn't work well for that table
Preliminary Installfest Agenda
12:00-1:00 Lunch Pizza
5:00-6:00 Pack up and leave
IF YOU WANT TO DO A TALK, PLEASE LET US KNOW, SO WE CAN SCHEDULE A TIME WE NEED CD"S FOR THE EVENT< WE HAVE ABOUT 20 LEFT.
- we are discussing how we are going to get the money to buy more shirts*
- The shirts will be about 600 $$
- 72 shirts, so it's at a lower cost per shirt
- Leftyfb will call tomorrow
EVERYONE Please NOTE! IF you want someone to help at the installfest, Please Hang out at the front door and help greet some people...I Sara, will be willing to hand off the first person though the door to you, if you want that.
- Physical Layout Planning
- we want a check list for the installer of them to remember -- for the default installation
- making the repositories correctly enabled
- waiver signed
- cd provided
leftyfb: T-shirts, Installiation Check list, changing the waiver, and update pixi server to work smoothly without fiesty, make gutsy the default
maccam94,guinea-pig: physical layout
Sara: Big Arrow for the installfest, walk in table for events, what is ubuntu, why is it free, pamhlet, who we are, our goal, buisness card
Theresa: Agenda, Installfest Tasks
Steve: Manage, room reservations, table, building signs, guys getting the video, Put the tv people in contact with nathan
bfalik: prepare 5 minute speaches
Martin: Who is attending, Post if they are attending, and what they are helping with, Ask if people want to give talks or presentations and let us know...Ask MAKO for CD"S or to get in contact with someone to get cd's