ŐRY Máté (aka. maat, hunmaat)
I'm one of the core members of Hungarian local community. Among other activities I translate Ubuntu, develop the website and build the community.
Email: <orymate AT gmail DOT com>
Personal home page: http://maat.orgo2002.hu/hu (Hungarian)
some posts translated to English: http://maat.orgo2002.hu/en
- IRC: hunmaat @ irc.freenode.net (#ubuntu-hu, #ubuntu-hu-web); hunmaat @ IRCNet
- Jabber: orymate at gmail, Skype: hunmaat
Contributions to Ubuntu
- I proof and write rough translations on translation weekends.
- …regularly translate some other packages from Ubuntu main.
- …have written a specification about using Ubuntu or an Ubuntu remix in Hungarian secondary schools. (Unsuccessful.)
- …file and comment bug reports, I also fix ubuntu-hu-web related ones.
- …have written a lot of documentations to the former (wiki-based) Hungarian Ubuntu Linux Community site.
…obtained a party tent for free for Hungarian Ubuntu Community to the Hegyalja Festival 2008.
- I’m one of ubuntu.hu's main web developers, Drupal and accessibility ‘expert’.
- …one of the organizers of Hungarian Ubuntu Conference 2006.
- …frequently on #ubuntu-hu (building community, supporting)
- …frequent participant of translation weekends and community events.
…the Hungarian distributor of System76’s Ubuntu stickers.
I help GaborKelemen translating GNOME before its releases.
- …contribute to Drupal (modules, translation, documentation, web page).
- …file bugs to GNOME bugzilla.
I’m a 18-year-old student from Hungary. I installed my first Linux distro (Mandrake) in summer 2002. Then I used SuSE before changing to Debian. Since Hoary (5.04) I use Ubuntu, and I'm satisfied with it.
My name is Őry Máté /IPA: øːri maːteː/ in Hungarian (eastern) name order, which is Máté Őry (or lazily Mate Ory) in the ‘western’ fashion. Please, do not call me Ory, it’s my family name.