20120305

Meeting

Attendance

  • jdstrand
  • mdeslaur
  • sbeattie
  • tyhicks
  • micahg
  • jjohansen

Not present

  • None

Agenda

  • Announcements
    • Thanks
      • Kilian Krause (kilian) provided debdiffs for lucid for fex (DSAs 2414 and 2259)

      Your work is very much appreciated and will keep Ubuntu users secure. Great job! Smile :)

  • Review of any previous action items
    • [ACTION] sbeattie to follow up on qrt bugs from QA team: DONE
  • Weekly stand-up report (each member discusses any pending and planned future work for the week)
    • jdstrand
      • happy place
      • archive admin caught up
      • MIR audit catch-up
      • pending updates
      • embargoed issue
    • mdeslaur
      • Weekly role: triage
      • pending updates
      • research some security bugs
    • sbeattie
      • Weekly role: happy place
      • pending update
      • essential work items (AppArmor userspace bugs/work items)

    • micahg
      • Weekly role: happy place
      • icedtea6 regression 927282

      • prepare for next round of mozilla updates
      • webkit as have time (uploads to ppa could happen this week)
    • tyhicks
      • Weekly role: community
      • pending updates
    • jjohansen
      • Weekly role: happy place
      • pending updates
      • upstream submission follow-ups
      • bug fixes for mount rules and minimization
      • work items
  • Highlighted packages

    The Ubuntu Security team will highlight some community-supported packages that might be good candidates for updating and or triaging. If you would like to help Ubuntu and not sure where to start, this is a great way to do so. See https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SecurityTeam/UpdateProcedures for details and if you have any questions, feel free to ask in #ubuntu-security. To find out other ways of helping out, please see https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SecurityTeam/GettingInvolved. The highlighted packages for this week are:

  • Miscellaneous and Questions
    • Discuss another PPA for staging SRUs and development packages. Is it worth it? (Could provide additional peer-review at lower cost). If so, what should it be named? ubuntu-security-staging
      • [ACTION] jdstrand to setup ubuntu-security-staging ppa and communicate to team
    • < mdeslaur> tyhicks: what's the status on #842647? It's unclear to me

      • tyhicks tried to reproduce recently but couldn't. Wrote a patch and will update the bug.

Log

Logs available at http://ubottu.com/meetingology/logs/ubuntu-meeting/2012/ubuntu-meeting.2012-03-05-18.02.html

MeetingLogs/Security/20120305 (last edited 2012-03-05 18:52:36 by jdstrand)