Items we will be discussing:

  • Review ACTION points from previous meeting
  • Weekly Updates & Questions for the QA Team (hggdh)

  • Weekly Updates & Questions for the Kernel Team (jjohansen)

  • Weekly SRU review: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ServerTeam/KnowledgeBase#SRU%20weekly%20review (mathiaz)

  • Open Discussion
  • Announce next meeting date and time
    • New proposed meeting time starting the Maverick cycle: Tuesday 6 pm UTC


Weekly SRU review

Lucid has been added to the list of nominations to be reviewed while intrepid was removed (being EOL). The list of bugs fixed in the last 9 days has also been fixed and can again be used in the SRU weekly review.

A session about SRU improvement has been scheduled at the next UDS.

UDS Maverick

There is a tentative schedule available on the summit website.

Agree on next meeting date and time

Due to UDS the meeting has been canceled next week.

Next meeting will be on Tuesday, May 19th at 18:00 UTC in #ubuntu-meeting.


[19:02] <mathiaz> #startmeeting
[19:02] <MootBot> Meeting started at 13:02. The chair is mathiaz.
[19:02] <MootBot> Commands Available: [TOPIC], [IDEA], [ACTION], [AGREED], [LINK], [VOTE]
[19:02] <mathiaz> I'll be the scribe this week
[19:02] <mathiaz> Today's magnificent agenda: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ServerTeam/Meeting
[19:03] <zul> whoo
[19:03] <mathiaz> [TOPIC] # Review ACTION points from previous meeting
[19:03] <MootBot> New Topic:  # Review ACTION points from previous meeting
[19:03] <mathiaz> Last week minutes: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs/Server/20100428
[19:03] <mathiaz> # hggdh, zul to get their release note/early SRU bugs known to ttx
[19:04] <zul> i was going to bring them up at the meeting today
[19:04] <mathiaz> zul: we'll cover the lucid SRU in the relevant topic later in the meeting
[19:04] <zul> k
[19:04] <mathiaz> and release notes are too late
[19:04] <mathiaz> # ALL to mark DONE or POSTPONED the remaining work items for 10.04 by Thu 29 April EOD
[19:05] <mathiaz> I hope the final lucid burndown charts looked good ;)
[19:05] <mathiaz> ttx: ^^?
[19:05] <mathiaz> # hggdh to outline testing bottlenecks for UEC testing UDS sessions
[19:05] <ttx> mathiaz: done
[19:05] <Daviey> i *think* i've achieved my objectives ;)
[19:05] <zul> boo!~
[19:05] <mathiaz> hggdh: ^^ have you dumped your ideas in the relevant blueprints for UDS?
[19:06] <mathiaz> that's all for last week minutes
[19:06] <mathiaz> jjohansen: hggdh: around?
[19:07] <mathiaz> nope - ok - let's move on
[19:07] <mathiaz> [TOPIC] Weekly SRU review
[19:07] <MootBot> New Topic:  Weekly SRU review
[19:07] <zul> so
[19:07] <mathiaz> I've updated the wiki page to list lucid nominations
[19:07] <mathiaz> and remove interpid now  that it's EOL
[19:08] <mathiaz> dapper, hardy, jaunty nominations are empty
[19:08] <mathiaz> for karmic: bug 494084
[19:08] <ubottu> Launchpad bug 494084 in image-store-proxy "arch parameter is not passed by the image proxy during image install from store" [Medium,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/494084
[19:08] <mathiaz> bug 572317
[19:08] <ubottu> Launchpad bug 572317 in image-store-proxy "image-store does not support images without a ramdisk" [Medium,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/572317
[19:08] <mathiaz> zul: let's go through the nominations lists first
[19:09] <mathiaz> zul: and then we'll discuss your list of bugs?
[19:09] <zul> sure
[19:09] <mathiaz> smoser: how important are these bugs^^ for karmic?
[19:10] <smoser> arch bug is not as important as "no-ramdisk" bug
[19:10] <smoser> but no-ramdisk is required if you want to run (correctly) lucid image store images on karmic uec
[19:10] <smoser> so the intent was to piggy back the arch change also in an update
[19:11] <jjohansen> oops, /me slips in
[19:11] <mathiaz> smoser: ok - I'll accept both bugs for lucid and karmic then
[19:12] <mathiaz> so for lucid
[19:12] <mathiaz> there are 5 bugs nominated
[19:12] <mathiaz> bug 573345
[19:12] <ubottu> Launchpad bug 573345 in dovecot "dovecot-postfix references cmusieve as a mail plugin" [High,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/573345
[19:12] <mathiaz> bug 195480
[19:12] <ubottu> Launchpad bug 195480 in libvirt "libvirt: virsh -c qemu+ssh://host.example.com/session connects to 'system', not session" [Medium,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/195480
[19:13] <mathiaz> FYI you can get the LP query from the KnowledgeBase wiki page
[19:13] <mathiaz> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ServerTeam/KnowledgeBase#Team%20policy
[19:13] <mathiaz> ^^ SRU weekly review
[19:13] <mathiaz> which ones should be accepted for a SRU in lcuid?
[19:14] <zul> 458637 shouldnt
[19:14] <zul> its not fixed upstream afaik
[19:14] <zul> 573345 needs a bit more research
[19:15] <zul> 562832 was upload but didnt get process for some reason so that should be objected
[19:15] <mathiaz> bug 573345 seems straight forward
[19:15] <ubottu> Launchpad bug 573345 in dovecot "dovecot-postfix references cmusieve as a mail plugin" [High,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/573345
[19:16] <mathiaz> zul: what do you mean by objected?
[19:16] <zul> mathias: sorry reejcted
[19:16] <Daviey> 573345 seems a valid sru
[19:17] <mathiaz> Daviey: right - I've accepted the nomination
[19:18] <mathiaz> zul: bug 562832 - does this mean that DRBD is currently broken in lucid?
[19:18] <ubottu> Launchpad bug 562832 in drbd8 "module drbd8 update kernel from 2.6.32-16 to 2.6.32-20" [Medium,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/562832
[19:18] <zul> mathiaz: if you rebuild it manually no
[19:19] <mathiaz> zul: oh ok
[19:19] <mathiaz> zul: so not SRU worth
[19:19] <mathiaz> I'll decline the bug
[19:19] <zul> mathiaz: it would be nice to have that fixed though
[19:19] <mathiaz> zul: right - we're looking at SRU nominations
[19:20] <mathiaz> zul: declining an SRU doesn't mean it won't be fixed in the development version
[19:20] <mathiaz> bug 195480
[19:20] <ubottu> Launchpad bug 195480 in libvirt "libvirt: virsh -c qemu+ssh://host.example.com/session connects to 'system', not session" [Medium,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/195480
[19:21] <mathiaz> doesn't seem SRUable for now as still not fixed in maverick
[19:21] <mathiaz> so declining
[19:21] <mathiaz> and last bug on the list: bug 512110
[19:21] <ubottu> Launchpad bug 512110 in krb5 "gssd regression, "Program lacks support for encryption type"" [Medium,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/512110
[19:22] <mathiaz> doesn't seem SRUable for now
[19:22] <mathiaz> and there is a workaround in the bug
[19:22] <mathiaz> declining
[19:23] <mathiaz> allright - that's all for the lucid nominations
[19:23] <mathiaz> I've produced a last-week bug fix list
[19:23] <mathiaz> http://people.canonical.com/~mathiaz/fixedbugs.ubuntu-server.2010-05-04.html
[19:23] <MootBot> LINK received:  http://people.canonical.com/~mathiaz/fixedbugs.ubuntu-server.2010-05-04.html
[19:23] <mathiaz> which is of course rather short given it was release week :)
[19:24] <mathiaz> anything SRU worth on this?
[19:24] <mathiaz> well - I guess not
[19:24] <mathiaz> since they've all been fixed in *lucid*
[19:24] <mathiaz> zul: any other bugs on your SRU plate?
[19:24] <zul> yep
[19:25] <zul> these ones are in process
[19:25] <zul> bug 572262
[19:25] <ubottu> Launchpad bug 572262 in nut "[SRU] libusb_get_report: error sending control message: Operation not permitted" [Medium,Fix committed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/572262
[19:25] <mathiaz> zul: where do you keep track of them?
[19:25] <zul> bug 567043 573206
[19:25] <ubottu> Launchpad bug 567043 in php5 "[SRU] [lucid] php5 segfault when calling mysqli_options()" [Medium,Fix committed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/567043
=== huntlogger is now known as apachelogger
[19:25] <zul> im keeping track of them locally
[19:26] <zul> and have a script that pulls down all of the bugs that are nominated for a particular release
[19:26] <mathiaz> zul: great
[19:26] <zul> in the uds session i want to talk about how to keep better track of them and make it more vissible
[19:27] <mathiaz> zul: totally
[19:27] <mathiaz> zul: I'm glad to hear there will be UDS session dedicated to that subject
[19:27] <mathiaz> anything else to add the SRU front?
[19:27] <zul> nope
[19:28] <mathiaz> let's move on
[19:28] <mathiaz> [TOPIC] UDS Maverick
[19:28] <MootBot> New Topic:  UDS Maverick
[19:28] <mathiaz> so we're planning UDS next week
[19:28] <mathiaz> I hope all blueprints have been registered
[19:28] <mathiaz> jiboumans has been working on the schedule
[19:29] <mathiaz> http://summit.ubuntu.com/uds-m/track/cloud_and_server/
[19:29] <MootBot> LINK received:  http://summit.ubuntu.com/uds-m/track/cloud_and_server/
[19:29] <mathiaz> ^^ this is the current *tentative* schedule
[19:29] <mathiaz> it *will* change
[19:29] <mathiaz> but you can already get a taste of what we'll discuss and when
[19:29] <Daviey> it *will* break ;)
[19:30] <mathiaz> any questions on UDS?
[19:31] <mathiaz> nope - let's move on then
[19:31] <mathiaz> [TOPIC] Open discussion
[19:31] <MootBot> New Topic:  Open discussion
[19:31] <mathiaz> any other questions?
[19:32] <zul> nope
[19:32] <mathiaz> allrighty then
[19:32] <mathiaz> let's wrap up
[19:33] <mathiaz> [TOPIC] Announce next meeting date and time
[19:33] <MootBot> New Topic:  Announce next meeting date and time
[19:33] <mathiaz> given we'll be at UDS next week
[19:33] <mathiaz> I suggest we cancel next week meeting
[19:33] <zul> skip it
[19:33] <Daviey> +1
[19:33] <mathiaz> we'
[19:33] <mathiaz> we'll come back in *two* weeks, same place same time?
[19:34] <mathiaz> we'll come back in *two* weeks, same place same time.
[19:34] <mathiaz> thanks for attending
[19:34] <Daviey> thanks mathiaz
[19:35] <mathiaz> and I'll see some of you next week in Belgium!
[19:35] <mathiaz> have safe travels
[19:35] <mathiaz> #endmeeting

MeetingLogs/Server/20100504 (last edited 2010-05-06 14:23:20 by pcromeu-i-ribot)