20100608

Agenda

Items we will be discussing:

  • Review ACTION points from previous meeting
    • ACTION: all to run ISO testing coverage on alpha1
    • ACTION: smoser to ensure cloud images make it to the alpha1 iso tracker - Carry over
    • ACTION: smoser to coordinate with jjohansen and ttx to provide a more detailed work item overview for server-maverick-cloud-kernel-upgrades - Carry over
    • ACTION: sommer to present list of sections that need input from server team
  • Maverick development (jib)
    • Alpha2 subcycle status (ttx)
    • UEC related specs (jib)
  • Weekly Updates & Questions for the QA Team (hggdh)

  • Weekly Updates & Questions for the Kernel Team (jjohansen)

    • atop kernel patch
    • 587893: linux-image-2.6.34-5-virtual is oversized, results in oversized server ISO

  • Weekly Updates & Questions for the Documentation Team (sommer)

  • Papercuts Alpha2 subcycle status (ttx)
  • Weekly SRU review: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ServerTeam/KnowledgeBase#SRU%20weekly%20review (mathiaz)

  • Open Discussion
  • Announce next meeting date and time
    • Tuesday 2010-06-15 at 1800 UTC - #ubuntu-meeting

Minutes

Action Points from Previous Meetings

  • Action: Alpha 1 testing - Alpha1 testing went well, nothing appear to blow up, only had 50% coverage for Alpha1 need more for Alpha2 [ACTION] ttx to coordinate testing for Alpha 2
  • Action: smoser to ensure cloud images make it for Alpha. This was done and tested. Now that slangasek doesnt do release management anymore someone
    • else needs to be trained.
    [ACTION] smoser to train someone on the release team on the cloud image release.
  • Action: smoser to coordinate with jjohansen and ttx to provide a more detailed work item overview for server-maverick-cloud-kernel-upgrades. Action has been carried over
  • Action: sommer to present a list of sections that need input from the server team. No action was taken. Action has been carried over.

Maverick Development

The burn down chart is looking a little twisted due to the appearance of the UEC blueprints and more. All high specs should be 25% completion and that is not the case. It is worrying that at least 3 of the high specs have 0/1 items done and no status update. As a reminder please update your status and work items by EOB Monday. With regards to UEC specs a split has been made for the work between alpha2/3 and onwards and we'd like to make sure this reflects reality

[ACTION] all to keep their specs uptodate with workitems (4-16 hours each) and update their status monday EOB

Weekly Updates & Questions for the QA Team (hggdh)

Carlos remarked that:

  1. UEC test rig is ready to test the new SRUs
  2. I cannot put Maverick in right now due to bug #588861
  3. I am indeed a bit behind, but should catch up fast

After that a whole discussion about SRU processes and sponsorship processes took place revolving around mongodb.

Weekly Updates & Questions for the Kernel Team (jjohansen)

Jjohansen will look at atop patches and how important they are. Ttx mentioned that 587893 was fixed and that a maverick backport kernel was available. Jjohansen said he would review the patchset, we are concerned with possibe performance degradation and breakage.

Papercuts Alpha2 subcycle status (ttx)

There was 14 targets nominated and 4 were fixed.

Stable Release Updates

No bugs were nominated for SRU backports.

Open Discussion

None

Next Meeting

The next meeting will be at Tuesday 2010-06-15 at 1800 UTC - #ubuntu-meeting.

Agree on next meeting date and time

Next meeting will be on Tuesday, April 14th at 15:00 UTC in #ubuntu-meeting.

Log

MeetingLogs/Server/20100608 (last edited 2010-06-15 13:07:30 by zulcss)