20130625

Meeting information

Meeting summary

Review ACTION points from previous meeting

The discussion about "Review ACTION points from previous meeting" started at 16:00.

Saucy Development

The discussion about "Saucy Development" started at 16:01.

Ubuntu Server Team Events

The discussion about "Ubuntu Server Team Events" started at 16:21.

Weekly Updates & Questions for the QA Team (plars)

The discussion about "Weekly Updates & Questions for the QA Team (plars)" started at 16:22.

Weekly Updates & Questions for the Kernel Team (smb)

The discussion about "Weekly Updates & Questions for the Kernel Team (smb)" started at 16:23.

Weekly Updates & Questions regarding Ubuntu ARM Server (rbasak)

The discussion about "Weekly Updates & Questions regarding Ubuntu ARM Server (rbasak)" started at 16:26.

Open Discussion

The discussion about "Open Discussion" started at 16:28.

Announce next meeting date and time

The discussion about "Announce next meeting date and time" started at 16:30.

Action items

  • Daviey set priority on s-cycle BPs
  • Daviey follow up on missing BPs from overview s-topic

Action items, by person

  • Daviey
    • Daviey set priority on s-cycle BPs
    • Daviey follow up on missing BPs from overview s-topic

People present (lines said)

  • arosales (65)
  • jamespage (17)
  • smoser (5)
  • ubottu (5)
  • plars (4)
  • meetingology (4)
  • roaksoax (2)
  • meetingology` (1)
  • adam_g_ (1)
  • Daviey (1)

Full Log

  • 16:00 <arosales> #startmeeting ubuntu-server-team

    16:00 <meetingology> Meeting started Tue Jun 25 16:00:39 2013 UTC. The chair is arosales. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology.

    16:00 <meetingology>

    16:00 <meetingology> Available commands: #accept #accepted #action #agree #agreed #chair #commands #endmeeting #endvote #halp #help #idea #info #link #lurk #meetingname #meetingtopic #nick #progress #rejected #replay #restrictlogs #save #startmeeting #subtopic #topic #unchair #undo #unlurk #vote #voters #votesrequired

    16:00 <Daviey> o/

    16:00 <arosales> #topic Review ACTION points from previous meeting

    16:01 <arosales> looks like not actions from past meeting

    16:01 <arosales> #topic Saucy Development

    16:01 <arosales> #link https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SaucySalamander/ReleaseSchedule

    16:01 <arosales> A1 June 27th

    16:01 <arosales> smoser, jamespage is server opting in?

    16:02 <jamespage> nope

    16:02 <arosales> ok

    16:02 <arosales> #subtopic Release Bugs

    16:02 <arosales> #link http://reqorts.qa.ubuntu.com/reports/rls-mgr/rls-s-tracking-bug-tasks.html#server

    16:02 <smoser> no opt in.

    16:02 <arosales> jamespage, would you or smoser like to guide us through this section?

    16:02 <adam_g_> o/

    16:02 <jamespage> sure

    16:02 <arosales> jamespage, thanks.

    16:02 <jamespage> smoser: bug 1180867

    16:02 <ubottu> bug 1180867 in cloud-init (Ubuntu Raring) "cloud-config merging not forward or backward compatible" [High,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1180867

    16:03 <smoser> hm..

    16:03 <jamespage> dosaboy, bug 962046

    16:03 <ubottu> bug 962046 in python-boto (Ubuntu Raring) "EC2 metadata retrieval fails with spaces in a resource name" [Medium,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/962046

    16:03 <smoser> that is uploaded to raring

    16:04 <smoser> in the sru review queue

    16:04 <smoser> (the cloud-init bug)

    16:04 <jamespage> bug 1031680 and bug 1162139 need some love if anyone has time

    16:04 <ubottu> bug 1031680 in nagios-plugins (Ubuntu Raring) "check_apt always report 0 critical updates" [High,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1031680

    16:04 <ubottu> bug 1162139 in mysql-5.5 (Ubuntu Raring) "mysql-5.5 still built using GCC-4.4, should be built with the default GCC" [High,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1162139

    16:04 <jamespage> smoser, ack

    16:04 <jamespage> bug 1180084 needs to be applied into raring

    16:04 <ubottu> bug 1180084 in nova (Ubuntu Raring) "nova-conductor should be in main" [High,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1180084

    16:05 <jamespage> anyone know if we can do seed changes post release?

    16:05 <roaksoax> jamespage: we did it for MAAS

    16:05 <roaksoax> a few packages were promoted to main

    16:05 <jamespage> roaksoax, OK

    16:06 <jamespage> I don't think any other release bugs warrant discussion - alot are SRU's in Fix Committed state

    16:06 <jamespage> so anyone with spare time - verification would be great!

    16:06 <jamespage> arosales, back to you

    16:07 <arosales> jamespage thank you sir

    16:09 <arosales> sorry for the delay

    16:09 <arosales> #subtopic Blueprints

    16:10 <arosales> #link http://status.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-saucy/group/topic-saucy-servercloud-overview.html

    16:10 <arosales> how are BPs looking . . .

    16:10 <arosales> #link http://status.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-s/group/topic-s-servercloud-overview.html

    16:10 <arosales> this one works a little better 16:10 * arosales will udpate the IRC commands

    16:11 <jamespage> trend line needs a reset

    16:11 <jamespage> arosales, did you get to the bottom of my missing BP's?

    16:11 <arosales> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ServerTeam/Meeting/IRCCommands is updated

    16:16 <arosales> so BPs updated

    16:16 <arosales> lets take a look at essential ones

    16:17 <arosales> https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/servercloud-s-juju-charm-testing

    16:17 <arosales> that is in progress

    16:17 <arosales> testing harness and plugin made 16:18 * arosales needs to update BP .. .

    16:18 <arosales> actually that is the only essential BP

    16:19 <arosales> actually looks like we need to set priority on all our BPs

    16:19 <jamespage> agreed

    16:19 <arosales> can we make that a goal for this week?

    16:19 <jamespage> Daviey, only you can do that

    16:19 <arosales> #action Daviey set priority on s-cycle BPs 16:19 * meetingology` Daviey set priority on s-cycle BPs

    16:20 <arosales> previous action didn't take

    16:20 <arosales> #action Daviey follow up on missing BPs from overview s-topic 16:20 * meetingology Daviey follow up on missing BPs from overview s-topic

    16:20 <arosales> ok

    16:20 <arosales> any other BPs folks would like to discuss?

    16:21 <arosales> overall we look to be in the red on status, but I suspect that is due to BPs not being updated

    16:21 <arosales> ok, sounds like there is no other BPs that needs discussion

    16:21 <arosales> #topic Ubuntu Server Team Events

    16:21 <arosales> OSCON is the only upcoming one for the juju team

    16:21 <arosales> any others

    16:22 <arosales> btw OSCON is end of July

    16:22 <arosales> ok so moving on

    16:22 <arosales> #topic Weekly Updates & Questions for the QA Team (plars)

    16:22 <plars> hi

    16:22 <plars> nothing major from me

    16:23 <plars> psivaa was able to help narrow down the kernel problem causing floodlight failures

    16:23 <plars> and jsalisbury found which change it was I think, so we should have a fix for that soon

    16:23 <arosales> plars, good to hear root cause on floodlight failures

    16:23 <arosales> plars, thanks for the update

    16:23 <arosales> #topic Weekly Updates & Questions for the Kernel Team (smb)

    16:24 <arosales> smb: Hello are you available?

    16:26 <arosales> any questions for kernel we need to follow up on?

    16:26 <arosales> for the kernel team that is Smile :-)

    16:26 <arosales> I take it that we are ok there

    16:26 <arosales> next topic

    16:26 <arosales> #topic Weekly Updates & Questions regarding Ubuntu ARM Server (rbasak) 16:26 * arosales doesn't see rbask atm

    16:27 <arosales> on the ARM front from Juju we are trying to testing juju-core on ARM for saucy

    16:27 <arosales> any other ARM related topics

    16:27 <jamespage> better get that compiler working for ARM then Smile :-)

    16:28 <arosales> jamespage noted, and dave cheney is working on that bit of work

    16:28 <arosales> #topic Open Discussion

    16:28 <arosales> any other topics to discuss?

    16:29 <arosales> I think we have been saying for a bit now to get BPs udpated

    16:29 <arosales> so lets make a good push this week to get BPs udpated and priority sets so we can see the development picture next week.

    16:30 <arosales> with that we'll close this meeting

    16:30 <arosales> #topic Announce next meeting date and time

    16:30 <arosales> NEXT MEETING: Tuesday 2013-07-02 at 1600 UTC - #ubuntu-meeting

    16:31 <arosales> jamespage, plars, Daviey, adam_g_ , roaksoax , smoser thanks for jonining this week!

    16:31 <arosales> #endmeeting

Generated by MeetBot 0.1.5 (http://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology)

MeetingLogs/Server/20130625 (last edited 2013-07-16 16:00:03 by a.rosales)