migration-assistant is a program to import documents and settings from Windows XP and Linux to Ubuntu and is included as part of the Ubuntu desktop CD installer.
It currently supports importing the following:
- Bookmarks from Internet Explorer, Opera, and Firefox.
- E-mail account information from Outlook Express and Evolution.
- Instant messaging accounts from Pidgin, AIM Triton, and Yahoo.
- User accounts from Windows XP and Linux.
- User pictures, wallpapers, documents, music, and photos from Windows XP.
The following features are planned for a later release:
- Importing to Kubuntu.
- Importing from Windows Vista.
- Importing from Mac OS X, including files and settings from:
- Photo Booth
- Safari and Camino
- Dashboard widgets
- A stand-alone desktop application.
- Importing to a writable CD or Internet server.
- Importing wireless access point lists.
- Importing Desktop files.
- Importing Thunderbird and Outlook settings as well as all PIM data from supported email applications.
- Importing web browser data such as proxy settings, saved passwords, Firefox plugins, and cookies.
- Importing fonts.