MobileTeam Reporting Page
[:BuildingCommunity/TeamReporting:Back to the Team Reporting page...]
Welcome to the MobileAndEmbedded reporting page. Every month this page reveals a snapshot of the work that has been going on in the Ubuntu Mobile and Embedded Community. If you have have been working hard on the project and want to let others know what you have been up to, try to summarize it here. Community contributions are actively encouraged. A few guidelines for how to write good points are:
Keep it simple and short - single sentences are best.
- Try to summarise your work and not be over-detailed - we don't need to know specifics, just a summary of the kind
- Where possible, include relevant links.
You should get all your reporting included here by the 22nd of every month.
Week 25 -30 March
- Work on a malfunctioning Moko Finger Scroller class along with a major upgrade to moblin-system-daemon
Prepared [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tsclient tsclient] for use on UME with changes to reduce the interface size.
[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rdesktop rdesktop] work on adding panning support
- Fixed a suspend/resume problem when there was a screen of USB and MMC message printed onto the screen
- Added command line option to display MIC version
Week 31 -04 April
- Easier access for the backgrounds applet was implemented. If there are 10 or more photos in the backgrounds applet a slider to the right of the dialog allows the user to quickly
- move through them all. It also has a button on top that jumps to the first photo and a button on bottom that jumps to the last photo.
- Merged Firefox beta5 RC code into Midbrowser.
- We have been working on S3 integration work for Power Policy Management -- after the system idles for a pre-defined time and if the battery capacity is lower than a threshold, then
- PPM should force system to enter S3 state
- Some discussions about MOTU-ing / mentoring / sponsoring of more mobile folks
Week 05 -12 April
- Lots of work on the touchscreen calibration and background applet upgrades. Background images now load much faster.
- Work on debugging some rendering issues in midbrowser
- We are about to stabilize the Moblin kernel so mostly work on bug fixing.
- A desktop-file-utils functional set has been added to Ubuntu-Mobile in all platforms when using moblin-image-creator. Also a cancel option has been added while creating a project
- It should now be fairly easy to create a lpia VM image; as a next step we fill it with moblin-image-creator's output and add some fset's for vmware and/or qemu support
- Some debate about the choice of Java runtime. We should use openjdk but the web plugin will still be gcj's and this is not feature complete
- Fixed the interface integration on treb
Week 13 -20 April
- cairo + xcompmgr brings visual improvements
- lots of bugfixing