Hey, man, don't you know we're LoCo?
This is the US Ubuntu New Mexico LoCo Team. Many of us are in Albuquerque. However, we are a statewide team, and membership is open to everyone. Our goal is to promote Ubuntu, Open Source Software, and the ideal behind Ubuntu -- "Humanity to others."
Join The Team
There are many ways to join the team, or get more information about the New Mexico Ubuntu LoCo. New Mexico Team membership is open to everyone. Please join and start contributing and learning today!
If you'd like hop into our channel and see what happening or just say Hi! Click HERE to connect.
Planning for January 2013 Meet and Greet is on the table.
- Promote, educate, and advocate Ubuntu in the state of New Mexico and world wide.
- Coordinate a yearly Linux Expo in the state of New Mexico.
- Set up a support structure for Ubuntu in the state of New Mexico.
- Have numerous community-based projects based on the idea and spirit of Ubuntu.
Hold quarterly InstallFest
- Had a successful Jaunty Jackalope Release Party on 05/02/2009
- Had a successful Intrepid Ibex Release Party on 11/08/2008
- Coordinated and hosted the 2008 Software Freedom Day Team in Albuquerque, New Mexico
- Had a successful Hardy Heron Release Party on 04/25/2008
- Have established an IRC channel, team forum, launchpad, mailing list, and team wiki.
- Coordinated and hosted the 2007 Software Freedom Day Team in Rio Rancho, New Mexico.
- Established a weekly IRC meeting.
- Established a monthly face to face meeting.
- Membership as of 05/26/2009 is at 47
- Have Started working with New Mexico LUG's all organizations benefiting.
- Had a successful Gutsy Gibbon Release Party on 10/19/2007
Obtained Official LoCo Status 11/2007
Official Ubuntu Loco The New Mexico Team
Below is a link to our approval application for those that are interested in seeing what we did.
New Mexico Linux User Group Resources
We at the New Mexico Ubuntu LoCo just love Ubuntu, but we think Linux in all it's shapes and forms is just fantastic, so if you need any information about other Linux distributions, or just Linux in general, check out these other Linux users' groups:
Mesilla Valley Linux Users Group (MVLUG)
These guys have a meeting on the first Tuesday of every month at 5:30pm MST at NMSU Science Hall (SH) 124, so go check them out.
Join the MVLUG mailing list
New Mexico Linux Users Group (NMLUG)
New Mexico Gnu & Linux Users Group (NMGLUG)
NMGLUG is a user group in the Santa Fe area of New Mexico that is dedicated to the use of the GNU/Linux Operating System and other Free Software. Meetings are held every other Thursday.
New Mexico Open Source User Group (NMOSUG)
NMOSUG has it's roots as an open-source user's group affiliated with the Albuquerque Technical Vocational institute (TVI), now known as the Community College of Central New Mexico (CNM). It started before 2002, but is no longer affiliated with CNM. It is still in operation as a List Server for Open Source Professionals, Hobbyists and Students in the Greater Albuquerque area. NMOSUG's main purpose is to provide a forum for technology professionals to discuss issues pertaining to Open Source, running on Open Source and non-open source operating systems.
If you know of any more New Mexico Linux resources, please let us know, and we will add them to this wiki. Or join the group to add changes, too.