Test plan for component: account-polld
Component Checklist: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Process/Merges/Checklists/Common
Trunk URL: lp:account-polld
Ubuntu Package URL (LP): http://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/account-polld
- online accounts
- System Under Test
- Account on twitter and gmail.
- Webapps for twitter and gmail installed
Install image on SUT: ubuntu-device-flash --channel ubuntu-touch/devel-proposed
Run citrain device-upgrade [silo]
The scope of responsibility for account-polld is to limit itself to the enabled accounts from online accounts (the accounts with the Notifications toggle set).
Notifications from before account-poll starts for twitter are not shown, only the ones since daemon start.
Notifications are not displayed if Unity8 marks the target application as in focus. For account-polld's responsibility; if the webapp is closed, it shall trigger notification; if the target webapp is open and it is of dubios consideration if the notifiction should be triggered, check with the ubuntu-push-client.
- Ensure the twitter app has access to the twitter account in online accounts.
- Mentions and direct messages should be notified (polling is usually 5 minutes)
- Ensure the gmail app has access to the gmail account in online accounts.
Unread messages falling into gmail's inbox in category personal from a span of ~24hs will be collected and notified.
token can be overriden by setting the ACCOUNT_POLLD_TOKEN_GMAIL session environment variable and restarting account-polld .
- Ensure the calendar app has access to the gmail account in online accounts.
- Create a new event on your main calendar using the google web interface
- Check if the changes are synced with your local calendar (polling is usually 5 minutes)
Bug #1496773 regression test
(Preferably you have a Google test account for this.)
- Add a Google account, enable Gmail access.
- Ensure it works.
- Change the password on the account.
Monitor $HOME/.cache/upstart/account-polld.log and make sure there's account-poll does not enter an endless, battery obliterating loop when it discovers the expired token.
Monitor $HOME/.cache/upstart/account-polld.log for additional information. If there are no logs, it probably means no accounts were enabled.
dbus-monitor --session interface=com.ubuntu.Postal to verify that messages are indeed sent to the ubuntu-push-client which is the scope of responsibility of account-polld .
The push client calls the account-polld dbus interface to poll, the same can be accomplished manually by issueing gdbus call --session -d com.ubuntu.AccountPolld -o /com/ubuntu/AccountPolld -m com.ubuntu.AccountPolld.Poll a Done signal should be sent once the pollling is done.