You have probably come here because you have a problem with PulseAudio, and someone asked you to provide a PulseAudio verbose log. Here's how to do that:
- Open a terminal, then enter these commands:
echo autospawn = no >> ~/.config/pulse/client.conf #use ~/.pulse/client.conf on Ubuntu <= 12.10 killall pulseaudio LANG=C pulseaudio -vvvv --log-time=1 > ~/pulseverbose.log 2>&1
- Do what you need to reproduce the bug.
Switch back to the terminal and press Ctrl-C to stop PulseAudio.
- Open your Launchpad bug and attach the file ~/pulseverbose.log (in your home directory) to that message.
- To return your system to a clean state again, edit ~/.pulse/client.conf with your favorite editor and remove the line "autospawn = no". If the file is now empty, you can just as well delete it. Then log out and log in again.
- Last but not least - thanks for helping out!