Meeting started by hggdh at 17:00:32 UTC. The full logs are available at http://ubottu.com/meetingology/logs/ubuntu-meeting/2011/ubuntu-meeting.2011-08-17-17.00.log.html .
- Previous Actions
- Community Efforts/Testing
- Automated/Systems Testing
- Engineering Team Bug Status
Odds & Ends
ACTION: jibel to chair next meeting (hggdh, 17:17:53)
Meeting ended at 17:18:32 UTC.
- jibel to chair next meeting
Action items, by person
- * jibel to chair next meeting
People present (lines said)
- hggdh (47)
- patrickmw (16)
- jibel (15)
- charlie-tca (9)
- meetingology (8)
- negueba (2)
- Ursinha (2)
17:00:32 <hggdh> #startmeeting
17:00:32 <meetingology> Useful Commands: #topic #action #link #idea #voters #vote #chair #action #agreed #help #info #endmeeting.
17:00:37 <Ursinha> .17
17:00:41 <Ursinha> sorry
17:01:04 <hggdh> [TOPIC] Previous Actions
17:01:04 <meetingology> TOPIC: Previous Actions 17:01:15 * charlie-tca waves
17:01:19 <hggdh> any previous actions? I am not aware of any
17:01:25 <charlie-tca> no previous actions that I can think of
17:01:50 <hggdh> BTW, apology from bdmurray, not available tonight
17:02:04 <hggdh> so
17:02:06 <hggdh> [TOPIC] Community Efforts/Testing
17:02:06 <meetingology> TOPIC: Community Efforts/Testing
17:02:31 <hggdh> pedro is not available either, BTW.
17:02:41 <hggdh> anything on community efforts?
17:03:00 <jibel> It's not like if they were in the same timezone as me
17:03:10 <jibel> Hey all o/
17:03:15 <jibel> Nothing special this week, just a few dates:
17:03:23 <jibel> Oneiric Beta 1 testing will start in less than 2 weeks:
17:03:44 <jibel> #link https://wiki.ubuntu.com/OneiricReleaseSchedule
17:03:56 <jibel> Followed immediately by the Ubuntu Global Jam:
17:04:07 <jibel> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuGlobalJam
17:04:19 <jibel> which incorporates a Testing event depending on where you will be attending
17:04:25 <jibel> that's all from me
17:04:26 <jibel> ..
17:04:32 <jibel> any question ?
17:04:49 <hggdh> thank you, jibel
17:04:58 <hggdh> with no questions, we move on
17:05:00 <hggdh> [TOPIC] Automated/Systems Testing
17:05:00 <meetingology> TOPIC: Automated/Systems Testing
17:05:07 <patrickmw> = Public Jenkins =
17:05:07 <patrickmw> ï¿½ It's official - https://jenkins.qa.ubuntu.com/
17:05:07 <patrickmw> = DX Testing =
17:05:07 <patrickmw> ï¿½ DX testing environment ready to start creating jobs
17:05:07 <patrickmw> ï¿½ Open RT for getting LP access in order to branch projects -kind of important
17:05:07 <hggdh> patrickmw: floor is yours 17:05:21 * hggdh was, as usual, too slow
17:06:10 <patrickmw> Now everyone can see the status of our automated testing suites/
17:06:25 <patrickmw> this will continue to grow, so keep an eye out
17:06:26 <patrickmw> ..
17:06:31 <hggdh> patrickmw: the public Jenkins is read-only for all, correct?
17:06:34 <patrickmw> yes
17:07:00 <jibel> patrickmw, will the public jenkins be opened to derivatives e.g xubuntu ?
17:07:36 <patrickmw> I see the instance to be available for all and any testing
17:07:48 <charlie-tca> really?
17:07:55 <patrickmw> yes
17:07:58 <charlie-tca> thanks
17:08:15 <hggdh> BTW, the test code we run there is located at https://code.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-server-iso-testing-dev/ubuntu-server-iso-testing/trunk
17:08:16 <patrickmw> anything, but you will have to go through us to get your requests on the backlog
17:08:54 <hggdh> please do not be put off by the title -- when we started, it was only for the server. Now it is anything we can get to run
17:09:12 <hggdh> so, if you are willing to, please add tests and propose merges 17:09:39 * charlie-tca will try to learn how to do that
17:09:50 <charlie-tca> ..
17:09:50 <jibel> hggdh, we should definitely rename this project because it tests more than ISOs now
17:09:56 <patrickmw> agreed
17:09:59 <hggdh> jibel: I agree
17:10:10 <patrickmw> i'll put in on the backlog
17:10:21 <hggdh> we can discuss it out-of-band, and then rename the beast
17:10:26 <hggdh> so
17:10:39 <hggdh> anything else on automated tests?
17:10:51 <patrickmw> yes, I have a few other topics about the framework too. Nothing else from me
17:11:02 <hggdh> please go ahead, patrickmw
17:11:15 <patrickmw> offline is best
17:11:32 <hggdh> ok
17:11:34 <hggdh> [TOPIC] Engineering Team Bug Status
17:11:34 <meetingology> TOPIC: Engineering Team Bug Status
17:11:51 <hggdh> bdmurray and pedro are absent. So... Ursinha ?
17:12:16 <jibel> they are sprinting not absent. And Ursinha is printing, that may take a while.
17:12:23 <hggdh> LOL 17:13:21 * hggdh feels the printing is quite long
17:13:30 <hggdh> we move on.
17:13:41 <negueba> hey folks, don't know if the problem happens just for me but in ubuntu 11.04 the drivers atl1c and ath9k don't work at the same time... the system always happens to freezes at the splash screen... to get the system work i need to first disable my wireless card and then rmmod any of the drivers
17:13:53 <hggdh> for the record, most of the QA folks are in a sprint
17:14:12 <hggdh> negueba: this is not the correct channel. Please try #ubuntu
17:14:21 <jibel> negueba, we appreciate your problem but there is a meeting in progress
17:14:36 <negueba> i'm sorry guys
17:14:41 <hggdh> so their absence is justified (it is time for beers)
17:14:45 <hggdh> so we move on
17:15:03 <hggdh> [TOPIC] Odds & Ends
17:15:03 <meetingology> TOPIC: Odds & Ends
17:15:40 <hggdh> this is open floor. Anyone wishing to talk should do so now
17:15:55 <hggdh> 3
17:15:57 <hggdh> 2
17:16:00 <hggdh> 1
17:16:03 <hggdh> TOPIC: Chair Selection
17:16:13 <hggdh> any candidates?
17:16:48 <hggdh> otherwise it will be shuf -e charlie-tca patrickmw pedro_ bdmurray jibel Ursinha|head -1
17:16:58 <hggdh> charlie-tca: can I include your name?
17:17:02 <charlie-tca> sure
17:17:25 <hggdh> jibel: you have been selected...
17:17:53 <hggdh> [ACTION] jibel to chair next meeting 17:17:53 * meetingology jibel to chair next meeting
17:18:10 <charlie-tca> That sure is easier
17:18:28 <hggdh> and so, with the deafening silence on us, I...
17:18:32 <hggdh> #endmeeting