Meeting started by nuclearbob at 17:05:58 UTC. The full logs are available at http://ubottu.com/meetingology/logs/ubuntu-meeting/2011/ubuntu-meeting.2011-10-26-17.05.log.html .
- Previous Actions
- Community Efforts/Testing
LINK: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UDS-P/TestingInUbuntu (patrickmw, 17:11:13)
- Automated/Systems Testing
- Engineering Team Bug Status
- Other Topics
- Chair Selection
Meeting ended at 17:34:32 UTC.
People present (lines said)
- nuclearbob (48)
- patrickmw (9)
- bdmurray (5)
- pedro_ (4)
- meetingology (3)
- Ursinha (2)
- jibel (2)
- ubottu (1)
17:05:58 <nuclearbob> #startmeeting
17:05:58 <meetingology> Available commands: #accept #accepted #action #agree #agreed #chair #commands #endmeeting #endvote #halp #help #idea #info #link #lurk #meetingname #meetingtopic #nick #progress #rejected #replay #restrictlogs #save #startmeeting #subtopic #topic #unchair #undo #unlurk #vote #voters #votesrequired
17:06:21 <nuclearbob> [TOPIC] Previous Actions
17:06:50 <nuclearbob> I think Gema was working on blueprints, but she's out this afternoon
17:07:13 <nuclearbob> any other previous actions we need to go over?
17:08:12 <nuclearbob> all right
17:08:16 <nuclearbob> moving on
17:08:29 <nuclearbob> [TOPIC] Community Efforts/Testing
17:09:36 <nuclearbob> jibel, ursinha, anything on this?
17:09:51 <jibel> Hi o/
17:09:56 <Ursinha> nothing really from me
17:10:11 <nuclearbob> all right
17:10:18 <jibel> Not much from me now that Oneiric is out and Precise is on a very early stage
17:10:27 <nuclearbob> we've got a birds of a feather session scheduled for UDS
17:10:41 <nuclearbob> if anybody has the link, please throw that out, otherwise I can find it
17:11:13 <patrickmw> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UDS-P/TestingInUbuntu
17:11:25 <nuclearbob> thanks patrickmw
17:11:43 <nuclearbob> we have a good list of talks lined up for that
17:12:04 <nuclearbob> so we look forward to seeing people there
17:12:19 <nuclearbob> anything else on this topic?
17:13:09 <nuclearbob> all right, moving on
17:13:24 <nuclearbob> [TOPIC] Automated/Systems Testing
17:13:33 <patrickmw> o/
17:13:43 <nuclearbob> go ahead, patrickmw
17:13:59 <patrickmw> new projects in progres:
17:14:01 <patrickmw> bootchart testing revised - boot speed testing will be testing daily for Precise. The testing that was done for Oneiric needs some improvements. Planning set for the automation sprint.
17:14:03 <patrickmw> fwts - Firmware Test Suite will be run daily for Precise. A wrapper utility needs to be developed so it can be run in the lab. Planning set for the automation sprint.
17:14:05 <patrickmw> project updates:
17:14:07 <patrickmw> dx projects - DX team has started adding their projects to the QA daily builds. yay!
17:14:35 <patrickmw> that's all
17:14:53 <nuclearbob> thanks for the update, that all sounds great
17:15:27 <nuclearbob> I'm working on a proof of concept for a remotely accessible test running interface for the qa-regression-testing scripts
17:15:48 <nuclearbob> just a quick cgi that can be installed as a package on a newly created vm and return test results
17:16:11 <nuclearbob> I hope to have a basic implementation of that ready before UDS so we can determine if it's something we want to devote further resources to
17:16:21 <nuclearbob> and that's all I've got
17:17:36 <nuclearbob> anybody else?
17:18:14 <nuclearbob> all right, moving on
17:18:28 <nuclearbob> [TOPIC] Engineering Team Bug Status
17:19:29 <bdmurray> I updated the update-manager hook for natty, bug 878585, thanks to jibel for pointing this out
17:19:30 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 878585 in update-manager (Ubuntu Natty) "update apport package hook in natty" [High,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/878585
17:20:23 <bdmurray> I've been reviewing all the casper bug reports and looking at brad's bug report generation code and a different data visualization tool
17:20:28 <bdmurray> Also setting up blueprints for UDS
17:21:23 <nuclearbob> cool
17:21:29 <nuclearbob> anything else bdmurray?
17:22:04 <bdmurray> I joined the ubuntu-core-dev team this week - thats it.
17:22:17 <nuclearbob> thanks
17:22:24 <nuclearbob> anything from hggdh or pedro_ ?
17:22:55 <pedro_> just to mention that tomorrow we're having a bug day for Nautilus : https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuBugDay/20111027
17:23:23 <pedro_> so if you want to learn a bit more about bug triage or Nautilus/Gnome , please join us tomorrow the whole day your timezone
17:23:30 <pedro_> we hang out at #ubuntu-bugs
17:23:30 <pedro_> ..
17:24:17 <nuclearbob> sounds good
17:24:38 <nuclearbob> anything else from anyone on this topic?
17:25:57 <nuclearbob> all right
17:26:06 <nuclearbob> [TOPIC] Other Topics
17:28:16 <nuclearbob> there are several blueprints registered for UDS-P using the other-p-qa prefix
17:29:29 <nuclearbob> is there a page with a list of those, or should I just post individual links?
17:29:45 <patrickmw> bottom of the same link above
17:29:50 <nuclearbob> oh, handy
17:30:09 <nuclearbob> thanks
17:30:25 <nuclearbob> anything else for other topics?
17:31:37 <nuclearbob> all right, last one
17:31:42 <nuclearbob> [TOPIC] Chair Selection
17:31:56 <nuclearbob> any volunteers?
17:32:55 <nuclearbob> max@ubuntu:~/vmtesting/oneiric/multipurpose$ shuf -e pedro_ bdmurray ursinha patrickmw jibel | head -1
17:32:56 <nuclearbob> patrickmw
17:33:14 <bdmurray> should there be one next week?
17:33:21 <Ursinha> next week is UDS, are we having quorum?
17:33:24 <nuclearbob> oh, I suppose we'll be in orlando
17:33:50 <nuclearbob> all right, next meeting is November 9
17:34:28 <nuclearbob> thanks everyone for attending, and we'll have quorum at UDS next week
17:34:32 <nuclearbob> #endmeeting