Meeting started by nuclearbob at 18:05:33 UTC. The full logs are available at http://ubottu.com/meetingology/logs/ubuntu-meeting/2011/ubuntu-meeting.2011-11-16-18.05.log.html .
- Previous items
- Community Efforts/Testing
- Previous Actions
LINK: https://help.ubuntu.com/11.10/installation-guide/i386/minimum-hardware-reqts.html (nuclearbob, 18:11:29)
- Community Efforts/Testing
- Automated/Systems Testing
- Engineering Team Bug Status (hggdh, Ursinha, pedro_, bdmurray)
- Other Topics
ACTION: gema to chair next meeting (nuclearbob, 18:35:42)
Meeting ended at 18:36:09 UTC.
- gema to chair next meeting
Action items, by person
- * gema to chair next meeting
People present (lines said)
- nuclearbob (35)
- gema (12)
- meetingology (4)
- bdmurray (3)
18:05:33 <nuclearbob> #startmeeting
18:05:33 <meetingology> Available commands: #accept #accepted #action #agree #agreed #chair #commands #endmeeting #endvote #halp #help #idea #info #link #lurk #meetingname #meetingtopic #nick #progress #rejected #replay #restrictlogs #save #startmeeting #subtopic #topic #unchair #undo #unlurk #vote #voters #votesrequired
18:05:58 <nuclearbob> [TOPIC] Previous items
18:06:35 <nuclearbob> the only action item last week was discuss the minimum memory requirements
18:07:08 <nuclearbob> we've been discussing that at the sprint this week, but we haven't reached a conclusion
18:07:23 <nuclearbob> moving on
18:07:30 <nuclearbob> [TOPIC] Community Efforts/Testing
18:08:51 <nuclearbob> looks like I went too fast, rolling back
18:08:56 <nuclearbob> [TOPIC] Previous Actions
18:09:15 <nuclearbob> we have a url for the minimum memory requirements provided by the dev team that we'll be testing against
18:11:29 <nuclearbob> https://help.ubuntu.com/11.10/installation-guide/i386/minimum-hardware-reqts.html
18:11:45 <gema> basically, we will aim at validating whatever the minimum requirements are
18:11:54 <gema> so that we are sure thing work in low memory conditions
18:12:10 <gema> but we don't have a date yet as to when we will be able to start such testing
18:12:38 <gema> ..
18:12:42 <nuclearbob> all right
18:12:52 <nuclearbob> any other previous actions before we move on?
18:13:52 <nuclearbob> all right
18:14:00 <nuclearbob> [TOPIC] Community Efforts/Testing
18:15:38 <nuclearbob> as we're defining the preferred test case format, we'll make sure to get that published so the community can submit test cases, but we don't have the format defined yet
18:19:21 <nuclearbob> anybody else?
18:19:55 <nuclearbob> moving on
18:19:59 <nuclearbob> [TOPIC] Automated/Systems Testing
18:20:23 <nuclearbob> we're setting up a new lab this week for automated testing
18:20:41 <nuclearbob> once it's running we'll be pushing test results to the public jenkins instance
18:22:11 <nuclearbob> we'll have more of that available after it's setup
18:23:06 <nuclearbob> anything else?
18:24:47 <nuclearbob> all right
18:24:50 <nuclearbob> [TOPIC] Engineering Team Bug Status (hggdh, Ursinha, pedro_, bdmurray)
18:27:23 <nuclearbob> any bug status updates this week?
18:27:39 <bdmurray> I've nothing special to share today just one recommendation
18:28:14 <bdmurray> With the recent release of 11.10 it'd be helpful if people were to go through and review bugs that've reported and ensure they are still relevant
18:28:36 <bdmurray> For further details see http://www.murraytwins.com/blog/?p=110
18:29:52 <nuclearbob> sounds good
18:29:58 <nuclearbob> anything else from anybody?
18:30:56 <nuclearbob> all right
18:31:11 <nuclearbob> [TOPIC] Other Topics
18:32:06 <gema> we are going to be improving the ubuntu QA wiki soon
18:32:30 <gema> there has been a lot of improvements within QA and we are changing the way we do testing so we are going to try to reflect that on the wiki
18:33:06 <gema> please, feel free to add/remove things as you see fit, we are going to try to get rid of obsolete info and put in the relevant information of what we are working on at the moment
18:33:34 <gema> basically, all the things we spoke about at UDS need to be reflected there
18:34:03 <gema> bdmurray: we'll need to talk about how to split the pure bug-centric info from the QA info
18:34:17 <gema> so that everything flows nicely
18:34:23 <gema> ..
18:35:03 <nuclearbob> all right
18:35:23 <nuclearbob> anyone want to chair next week?
18:35:29 <gema> I can do
18:35:33 <nuclearbob> super
18:35:42 <nuclearbob> [ACTION] gema to chair next meeting 18:35:42 * meetingology gema to chair next meeting
18:36:06 <nuclearbob> thanks everybody
18:36:09 <nuclearbob> #endmeeting