- Previous Actions (all)
- Community Efforts/Testing
- Automated/Systems Testing
- Engineering Team Bug Status (hggdh, Ursinha, pedro_, bdmurray)
- Other Topics
- Chair Selection
ACTION: Gema to chair the new QA meeting (gema, 18:23:48) ACTION: pedro_ to chair the new Bugs meeting (gema, 18:24:00)
Meeting ended at 18:24:59 UTC.
- Gema to chair the new QA meeting
- pedro_ to chair the new Bugs meeting
Action items, by person
- * pedro_ to chair the new Bugs meeting
People present (lines said)
- gema (65)
- nuclearbob (7)
- pedro_ (6)
- Ursinha (6)
- meetingology (5)
- IAmNotThatGuy (1)
18:01:27 <gema> #startmeeting Ubuntu QA Team
18:01:27 <meetingology> Available commands: #accept #accepted #action #agree #agreed #chair #commands #endmeeting #endvote #halp #help #idea #info #link #lurk #meetingname #meetingtopic #nick #progress #rejected #replay #restrictlogs #save #startmeeting #subtopic #topic #unchair #undo #unlurk #vote #voters #votesrequired
18:01:50 <gema> anyone here for the meeting?
18:02:43 <Ursinha> o/
18:02:55 <gema> cool, hello Ursinha , it may just be the two of us
18:02:59 <Ursinha> lol
18:03:03 <Ursinha> nuclearbob too?
18:03:21 <nuclearbob> I'm here
18:03:31 <gema> excellent!
18:03:38 <IAmNotThatGuy> Hi. I also will be watching =]
18:03:45 <gema> jibel told me he cannot attend but gave me his feedback
18:03:50 <gema> IAmNotThatGuy: welcome
18:04:04 <gema> there we go, let's get started then
18:04:14 <gema> [TOPIC] Previous Actions (all)
18:04:28 <gema> the only previous action I am aware of is me chairing the meeting
18:04:32 <gema> do you guys have anything else?
18:05:08 <gema> ok, cool, let's keep going
18:05:18 <gema> [TOPIC] Community Efforts/Testing
18:05:37 <gema> I have two calls for testing from jibel
18:05:55 <gema> 1) people interested can try to break the new tracker at http://18.104.22.168/qatracker
18:06:08 <gema> 2) A1 is next week, so people can start testing dailies and are welcome to participate to A1 milestone testing starting on Monday/Tuesday
18:06:33 <gema> A1 is already here, so please please, get your awesome manual testing started!
18:06:48 <gema> anything else from anyone?
18:07:28 <gema> moving on
18:07:32 <gema> [TOPIC] Automated/Systems Testing
18:07:49 <gema> so, I have feedback from jibel here too:
18:08:01 <gema> * we are now keeping 15 days on ISO in the Lab https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/other-p-builds-smoke-testing
18:08:18 <gema> we are starting a historic of builds so that when a build is broken, we can go back and test on yesterdays
18:08:27 <gema> we'll keep 2 weeks worth of builds for now
18:08:41 <gema> we'll let you know as soon as they are externally accessible
18:08:56 <gema> * Unity Testing: https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/desktop-p-unity-quality + https://wiki.ubuntu.com/QATeam/AutomatedTesting/UnityAutolandingSetup
18:09:15 <gema> details regarding the unity testing we are trying to run on Jenkins
18:09:31 <gema> or rather, we are running
18:10:04 <gema> * desktop images are broken but we are working on it
18:10:17 <gema> anything else to report, anyone?
18:10:48 <gema> nuclearbob?
18:11:10 <nuclearbob> we've got a wrapper to run the qa-regression-testing scripts in autotest now
18:11:12 <nuclearbob> I'
18:11:31 <nuclearbob> m getting autotest packaged so we can get it installed in the new lab and start using it to run qrt tests from jenkins
18:12:15 <gema> sounds good, thanks, anyone else?
18:12:21 <nuclearbob> I'll also be working on collecting manual testing results from checkbox to get them into the same data source as our automated testing, but that project is still commencing
18:12:24 <nuclearbob> ..
18:12:27 <gema> sorry,
18:12:59 <gema> oh, yep, integrating checkbox with litmus
18:13:18 <gema> I forgot to mention, we are in the process of getting a litmus instance installed for everyone to use and contribute test cases to
18:13:35 <gema> this is a pilot, we'll let you know whenever it is ready to use
18:13:50 <gema> (i.e. when it is fully functional)
18:14:06 <gema> that's all from us, I think
18:14:16 <gema> [TOPIC] Engineering Team Bug Status (hggdh, Ursinha, pedro_, bdmurray)
18:14:27 <gema> Ursinha ?
18:15:16 <gema> pedro_: are you there?
18:15:26 <pedro_> i'm around yes
18:15:31 <Ursinha> I am, but nothing to report
18:15:42 <Ursinha> working on refactoring bug workflows of our teams
18:15:42 <gema> anything to report from you, pedro_ ?
18:16:16 <gema> Ursinha: thanks
18:16:33 <pedro_> gema, nothing really important to share in the meeting
18:17:00 <gema> ok, hggdh was working on an SRU problem before , so I think he is busy
18:17:09 <gema> let's move on
18:17:18 <gema> [TOPIC] Other Topics
18:17:42 <gema> and here is the important update
18:17:47 <gema> there will be IMPORTANT CHANGES to this meeting from next week onwards
18:17:57 <gema> we are going to be splitting this meeting in two different ones, one for QA/testing and another one for Bug triaging
18:18:10 <gema> the bug triaging meeting will keep this slot and the QA meeting will happen, from next week onwards one hour earlier
18:18:21 <gema> you are more than welcome to contribute to the two agendas and propose new items for discussion
18:18:43 <gema> I will be sending an email to email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org regarding the change so that everyone is aware for next week 18:19:01 * Ursinha likes the change
18:19:06 <pedro_> cool
18:19:25 <pedro_> gema, thanks for organizing it
18:19:31 <gema> pedro_: no problem
18:20:02 <gema> does anyone have any question regarding the change or any concerns?
18:22:19 <gema> ok, so we will move on and choose two people for next week's meetings
18:22:26 <gema> [TOPIC] Chair Selection
18:22:48 <gema> since it is the first one for QA alone, I will be chairing that and discussing a new agenda and stuff like that
18:23:02 <gema> who wants to volunteer for the bugs meeting?
18:23:24 <pedro_> i can do that
18:23:38 <gema> thanks pedro_
18:23:44 <pedro_> np
18:23:48 <gema> [ACTION] Gema to chair the new QA meeting 18:23:48 * meetingology Gema to chair the new QA meeting
18:24:00 <gema> [ACTION] pedro_ to chair the new Bugs meeting 18:24:00 * meetingology pedro_ to chair the new Bugs meeting
18:24:26 <gema> thanks everyone for your time
18:24:42 <nuclearbob> thanks for chairing
18:24:47 <gema> np
18:24:59 <gema> #endmeeting