20120815

Meeting summary

  • Ubuntu Updates
  • Ubuntu updates
  • Abiword
  • AOB

LINK: http://www.theorangenotebook.com/2012/08/quality-perceptions-survey.html (balloons, 14:26:45)

  • Abiword

Meeting ended at 14:43:18 UTC.

Votes

Action items

  • (none)

People present (lines said)

  • smartboyhw (64)
  • balloons (31)
  • meetingology (3)
  • xnox (2)
  • leadsled (2)
  • ubottu (1)
  • ScottK (1)

Full Log

  • 14:04:05 <smartboyhw> #startmeeting

    14:04:05 <meetingology> Meeting started Wed Aug 15 14:04:05 2012 UTC. The chair is smartboyhw. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology.

    14:04:05 <meetingology>

    14:04:05 <meetingology> Available commands: #accept #accepted #action #agree #agreed #chair #commands #endmeeting #endvote #halp #help #idea #info #link #lurk #meetingname #meetingtopic #nick #progress #rejected #replay #restrictlogs #save #startmeeting #subtopic #topic #unchair #undo #unlurk #vote #voters #votesrequired

    14:04:18 <smartboyhw> #topic Ubuntu Updates

    14:04:43 <smartboyhw> O

    14:04:45 <smartboyhw> OK

    14:04:53 <smartboyhw> So, Ubuntu 12.04.1 is coming next week

    14:05:12 <smartboyhw> So the testing will be more intense in the coming week

    14:05:38 <smartboyhw> Um...

    14:05:52 <smartboyhw> Hopefully we will get to test all flavors...

    14:05:53 <smartboyhw> ..

    14:05:58 <smartboyhw> balloons: Any updates?

    14:07:04 <balloons> 12.04.1 images will be landing at the beginning of next week, and we'll have our usual round of testing on the images

    14:07:22 <balloons> these will be an lt supdate, so it's really important to watch for regressions.

    14:08:17 <balloons> we don't anticipate respins; aiming for a smooth round of testing Smile :-)

    14:08:17 <balloons> ..

    14:08:21 <smartboyhw> Hmm

    14:08:49 <smartboyhw> balloons: Last time phillw deleted the flavor updates

    14:08:59 <smartboyhw> Is it that we shall never talk about it again?

    14:09:17 <balloons> they've been migrated in the agenda to other updates

    14:09:25 <balloons> use the [TOPIC] so people can follow along Smile :-)

    14:09:29 <smartboyhw> OK

    14:09:34 <smartboyhw> [TOPIC] Ubuntu updates

    14:09:40 <smartboyhw> Yep, then

    14:09:54 <smartboyhw> An agenda item added by phillw: Abiword

    14:10:00 <smartboyhw> [TOPIC] Abiword

    14:10:22 <smartboyhw> balloons: i'm wondering what's that

    14:11:18 <smartboyhw> Someone added AbiWord to the agenda

    14:11:22 <smartboyhw> Is phillw here?

    14:11:30 <balloons> smartboyhw, there is a concern about the stability of abiword in the 12.04 repos

    14:11:38 <balloons> there is a bug opened to this effect, let me find it

    14:11:43 <smartboyhw> balloons: What's abiword

    14:12:18 <balloons> here is the bug: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/abiword/+bug/1019621

    14:12:19 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1019621 in abiword (Ubuntu) "Precise abiword version needs to be reverted to stable release prior to 12.04.1" [Undecided,Confirmed]

    14:12:24 <balloons> abiword is a word processor

    14:12:42 <smartboyhw> OK

    14:13:12 <smartboyhw> Hmm, big bug

    14:13:53 <smartboyhw> ..

    14:14:36 <smartboyhw> balloons: ..?

    14:14:57 <balloons> yes smartboyhw ?

    14:15:26 <balloons> phillw, and lubuntu and presumbably xubuntu flavors are all concerned about this bug

    14:15:32 <smartboyhw> Wow1

    14:15:37 <smartboyhw> Maybe even Ubuntu Studio

    14:15:55 <balloons> likely it will have to be fixed by an update after 12.04.1

    14:16:01 <smartboyhw> OK

    14:16:06 <smartboyhw> ..

    14:17:11 <balloons> ..

    14:17:23 <smartboyhw> OK, then AOB

    14:17:28 <smartboyhw> [TOPIC] AOB

    14:17:40 <smartboyhw> balloons: How is the survey results?

    14:19:24 <balloons> smartboyhw, I intend to post the full result this week

    14:19:33 <balloons> a little preview I can share some details

    14:19:37 <smartboyhw> OK

    14:19:42 <smartboyhw> Please, balloons

    14:20:34 <balloons> the folks answering the survey we about 50/50 split on running the development release

    14:20:53 <smartboyhw> 50/50? I hoped 70/30

    14:21:14 <balloons> the largest number of votes on "what quality means" was "Quality means the default desktop and applications should work without crashing"

    14:21:45 <balloons> Finally, many many folks had never heard of the team before, but most people expressed interest in helping, but they were unsure of time and technical skills

    14:21:46 <smartboyhw> yep, I voted for that:)

    14:22:07 <smartboyhw> balloons: Not good. Nobody heard of the team?:(

    14:22:21 <balloons> good feedback, and as a group we can discuss ways to bring more awareness to the team and share what we're doing with others

    14:22:39 <smartboyhw> balloons: So how do you promote the team?

    14:22:47 <smartboyhw> I mean planning:)

    14:24:11 <smartboyhw> balloons: I mean how will you plan to promote the team.

    14:25:33 <balloons> smartboyhw, promoting the team means more visibility to what we are doing

    14:25:47 <smartboyhw> I'm a bit ? about the visibility

    14:25:52 <smartboyhw> How to improve it?

    14:25:59 <xnox> balloons: what survey? =)

    14:26:18 <balloons> xnox, sorry we should have linked Wink ;-)

    14:26:45 <balloons> http://www.theorangenotebook.com/2012/08/quality-perceptions-survey.html

    14:29:05 <balloons> xnox, the survey is now over, and I'll be posting the results. It was anonymous, however, if you have thoughts to share, feel free to do so

    14:29:33 <xnox> well wanted to see questions really. oh well. I will wait for the results blog =)

    14:29:52 <balloons> smartboyhw, promoting the team means sharing details on the work and planning events and ways to involve people. this is something everyone can do

    14:29:57 <balloons> xnox, Smile :-)

    14:30:18 <smartboyhw> balloons: Great

    14:30:33 <smartboyhw> balloons: I have been failing to contact phillw about our UEFI testcase

    14:30:46 <smartboyhw> He is busy when I'm not, I'm busy whe he i

    14:30:48 <smartboyhw> *is

    14:31:35 <smartboyhw> ..

    14:32:35 <smartboyhw> Also, balloons, I saw some Mythbuntu testcase missing, wat to do?

    14:32:58 <balloons> smartboyhw, we can discuss outside of the meeting. Are there additional topics to cover?

    14:33:34 <smartboyhw> No, then, so end meeting?

    14:33:58 <balloons> Normally the final item on the agenda is [OTHER TOPICS]

    14:34:17 <smartboyhw> It's now AOB, don't you realize

    14:34:22 <smartboyhw> Any other business

    14:35:08 <balloons> ahh!

    14:35:11 <smartboyhw> So what other business can we discuss?

    14:35:17 <balloons> smartboyhw, I have nothing else

    14:35:42 <smartboyhw> Really, this meeting has too few people

    14:35:46 <leadsled> abiword versions

    14:35:51 <smartboyhw> Hi leadsled

    14:35:55 <smartboyhw> #topic Abiword

    14:36:27 <smartboyhw> leadsled: What things do ya want to say about AbiWord?

    14:37:32 <smartboyhw> leadsled: o/ if you want to say something about AbiWord

    14:37:56 <leadsled> which version will be used before the freeze?

    14:38:11 <smartboyhw> balloons: Your turn, I don't know much about Abiword

    14:39:08 <balloons> I can't speak for the 12.04.1 team, however at this point I believe changing the version would need to be a post-release work

    14:40:11 <ScottK> Nothing new now for 12.04.1 that isn't an absolute show stopper with a clear fix that has very low risk of regression.

    14:40:35 <smartboyhw> Thanks, ScottK

    14:41:30 <smartboyhw> Anyway, we don't know, ask the 12.04.1 team tmr

    14:41:31 <smartboyhw> ..

    14:42:54 <smartboyhw> End meeting now, since it's been discussed.

    14:43:18 <smartboyhw> #endmeeting

Generated by MeetBot 0.1.5 (http://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology)

QATeam/Meetings/QA/20120815 (last edited 2012-08-15 14:46:07 by smartboyhw)