List of systems to consider for the Q&A Localization project
- Open Source
- Has already been tested by Ubuntu-IT
- Ubuntu SSO is already implemented
- Does have a points and trophy system.
- Some strings are coded in a very weird way, but patches can be sent upstream
- Someone with knowledge on it would need to build it, other teams tried to replicate it unsuccessfully (talking about the Ubuntu-IT model)
Has already been implemented, and is being tested by Ubuntu-NL.
- Has Ubuntu SSO, already been implenmented.
- Is already translated in multiple languages.
- Translations in multiple languages are available.
- Has an active community building plugins, etc.
- Based on LAMP (php/mysql), so very low in installation requirements, especially on limited hosts (shared hosting) where there is no or little user control.
- Design needs to be implemented
- Only has a points-based system, no trophies or prizes or something similar, needs to be implemented via a plugin
- Not using gettext (.po/.pot) for translations, so can't use Launchpad.
About the Ubuntu-NL test implementation of q2a
- Question2answer uses, shares the smf forum login (Open-id and password) and session.
- Question2answer uses, shares smf forum group and user managent via smf admin interface.
- Points are hidden, quite some users in our community dislike the point system, but the point system is available.
- The design needs to be improved lots
- There are external links put there by the system, maybe that can be removed by tweaking the code