Ubuntu One Indicator
Re-introduction for precise: http://rtg.in.ua/blog/2012/04/a-brand-new-ubuntu-one-indicator-for-precise/
Launchpad project: https://launchpad.net/indicator-ubuntuone
Package Name: ubuntuone-indicator or indicator-ubuntuone
sudo apt-add-repository ppa:ubuntuone-extras sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install indicator-ubuntuone
Create a replacement for Karmic applet, stuff it with more features, make it stable and use it. Can be used as a playground for the upcoming official indicator of some sort.
Ubuntu One Indicator uses Indicator framework for applications. It sits as a separate entry in the indicator panel since there is no indicator class that could house it. It talks to syncdaemon and listens for its signals via DBus and talks to web API directly to get quota usage information.
- Shows when syncdaemon is offline, idle, synchronizing or having some error condition. This is reflected by the icons in the indicator.
- Shows current state and the progress of execution. Estimates the ETA for uploads.
- Shows current quota usage.
- Allows opening Ubuntu One folder, web site and control panel.
- If you see this line then the person who copied the description from wiki was not really attentive.
- Connects and disconnects Ubuntu One Syncdaemon
- Monitors file publishing signals and adds the entries to the Recently Published Files menu where upon click the public URL will be copied to clipboard