Security Team Weekly Summary for 20 October 2017
The Security Team weekly reports are intended to be very short summaries of the Security Team's weekly activities.
If you would like to reach the Security Team, you can find us at the #ubuntu-hardened channel on FreeNode. Alternatively, you can mail the Ubuntu Hardened mailing list at: email@example.com
During the last week, the Ubuntu Security team:
- Triaged 382 public security vulnerability reports, retaining the 130 that applied to Ubuntu.
- Published 2 Ubuntu Security Notices which fixed 23 security issues (CVEs) across 4 supported packages.
Ubuntu Security Notices
Previous Week's Ubuntu Security Notices
Since there was no weekly report last week, the previous week's Ubuntu Security Notices are posted here for reference. Published 20 Ubuntu Security Notices which fixed 53 security issues (CVEs) across 27 supported packages.
Mainline Inclusion Requests
spice-vdagent underway (LP: #1200296)
Updates to Community Supported Packages
Simon Quigley (tsimonq2) provided debdiffs for trusty-artful for git (LP: #1719740)
- SRU verifications for libseccomp and seccomp kernel changes
- upstream work for libseccomp and libseccomp-golang
libseccomp api-level-fixups PR (https://github.com/seccomp/libseccomp/pull/98)
SRU for aureport (https://launchpad.net/bugs/1724152)
- snappy-debug updates for 2.28, improvements for execstack and netlink sockets
- add DBus denials (still no recommendations) to scanlog output, various cleanups, add (undocumented) --log-file to shell wrapper, investigate journalctl (won't do), add processing stdin with hint of how to use journalctl to pipe into scanlog
What the Security Team is Reading This Week