Security Team Weekly Summary for 10 November 2017
The Security Team weekly reports are intended to be very short summaries of the Security Team's weekly activities.
If you would like to reach the Security Team, you can find us at the #ubuntu-hardened channel on FreeNode. Alternatively, you can mail the Ubuntu Hardened mailing list at: firstname.lastname@example.org
During the last week, the Ubuntu Security team:
- Triaged 149 public security vulnerability reports, retaining the 50 that applied to Ubuntu.
- Published 5 Ubuntu Security Notices which fixed 21 security issues (CVEs) across 5 supported packages.
Ubuntu Security Notices
Mainline Inclusion Requests
spice-vdagent underway (LP: #1200296)
- (snapd) submitted fix for for /dev/pts slave EPERM fix - PR 4159 and 4160 (2.29)
- (snapd) submitted fix for modprobe failure causing all security backends to fail - PR 4162
- (snapd) submitted fix for raw-usb udev_enumerate issue - PR 4164 and 4165 (2.29)
- (snapd) created policy-updates-xxxii PR for master (PR 4180) and 2.29 (PR 4181), coordinate with snapd team. Among other things, this has a workaround rule for the above electron denial
- (snapd) submitted 'add test-policy-app spread test' - PR 4157
- updated eCryptfs -next branch for linux-next testing and got it ready to create a 4.15 pull request
- snapd reviews
- 'fix udev tagging for hooks' - PR 4144
- 'drop group filter from seccomp rules' PR 4185
- 'support bash as base runtime' PR 4197
What the Security Team is Reading This Week