A student from Hungary, who likes to contribute translations to Open Source software and also develop them.
Personal home page: http://nyitrai.blogspot.com(Hungarian)
- IRC: sianis @ irc.freenode.net (#ubuntu-hu)
- Jabber: sianis at gmail
Launchpad profile: https://launchpad.net/~sianis
- Package Descriptions for Ubuntu:
- This software uses the new PO file comments of Package Descriptions for Ubuntu project. It helps translators to get a good statistics of package descriptions in a given language. It can hide or show completed package in the table, so translators can see only the untranslated package descriptions. Naturally, the generated statistics pages can be localized :).
- Development, maintenance
October 22th, 2008: Presentation about GNU gettext at the University of Miskolc.
October 27th, 2008: Presentation about development of Ubuntu at the University of Miskolc.
- Develop Nightmonkey: There are a few more features I want to implement. "Software is never done."
- Spread Ubuntu at my University.
- Talk about Ubuntu at small and medium sized meetings.
- Finish a new web-based tool that can merge the Hungarian translation process of package descriptions of Ubuntu, Debian and openSUSE.
- mvo: I work with Sianis on the nightmonkey project and he did a very good job with it. Nightmonkey is a great tool to help translators with the translations of the package descriptions.
- Laszlo Torma (toros): I know Sianis for years. He is a very friendly guy, who's not only a good translator, but also a very patient supporter of newbie Ubuntu users. His new project, Nightmonkey is a great tool, very useful for the whole international Ubuntu Community.
- Gabor Kelemen: I started the Ubuntu Hungarian Translators group with Sianis about 3 years ago. Despite my expectations, he remained a helpful member of the translation team and recently started to develop useful tools to aid our translation work.