June 2014 Team Reports
If your team is not making team reports, see these guidelines for how to do so.
- Meeting 2014-06-05
- Check in with Ubuntu Gnome and Core Apps/Phone team
- Meeting 2014-06-19
- Check in with Desktop Team and Developer Membership Board
Developer Membership Board
- #ubuntu-meeting, DMB, 2nd June at 15:00 UTC
- Chair: Laney
- Present: stgraber, bdrung, ScottK
Review of previous action items
- Create virt packageset, done by xnox/stgraber. Stéphane then fixed up the team's parameters a bit.
MOTU application: Rohan Garg (shadeslayer)
Vote: Should shadeslayer join ~motu? (Carried)
- Motion carried (For/Against/Abstained 4/0/0) * Voters stgraber, bdrung_work, Laney, ScottK (email)
ACTION: Laney to add shadeslayer to ~motu (done)
- Chair: Steve Langasek
- Attendees: Martin Pitt, Stéphane Graber
- Apologies: Adam Conrad, Kees Cook, Marc Deslauriers
- Action review:
- No outstanding actions
- juju-core MRE
- discussed with Robie Basak the proposal from the list
- agreed to a provisional MRE, with a +1 from Martin and no objections
ACTION: pitti to formally record the provision MRE and follow up to the mailing list.
- Meeting time
AGREED: Next meeting, July 8 @ 1600 UTC
AGREED: stgraber is chair for the next meeting
Ubuntu Development Teams
- Team Meetings
- Team Updates
- xubuntu-core seed changes have been merged, task is installable now and the package will be installable next xubuntu-meta upload
- Notes about testing from 6/3 meeting:
- Very little package testing being done
- Images currently uninstallable
- marketing flyer completion is still pending, content is done, we just need to line up sides for printing
- Image was uninstallable up until 6/10 - nothing has been done, no testing calls went out - normal service appears to have resumed
- ochosi is working towards replacing light-locker-settings with settings in xfce4-power-manager. Might or might not happen for 14.10 though.
- bluesabre is preparing to apply for upload-rights to the xubuntu package-set
- ACTION: Team leads should try to finalize their blueprints for Utopic until the next meeting (in two weeks) so the release-team can ack them.
Ubuntu LoCo Teams
- June 10th: Ubuntu and Kubuntu 14.04 Catalan remix ISO created and posted to ubuntu.cat
June 5th: Prepared TV News excerpt of Trusty Release Party and posted to flickr and ubuntu.cat: https://flic.kr/p/nDXje1
- June 1st: irc meeting where the community asses Trusty release party in Lleida, positively in general, but we lack some people.
German Kubuntu Team
- We attended Open Source Conference 2014 Hokkaido as exhibitor and speaker.
- Software Design
- Ubuntu Weekly Topcis
- Ubuntu Weekly Recipe
- Nikkei Linux Jul 2014 edition, separate supplement book "Ubuntu super-understanding book"
Some Japanese Team member wrote articles newly and was published on Amazon Kindle platform independently ( http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B00LMY5N6Y/ ). Also, some articles were reproduced onto publisher's web site ( http://itpro.nikkeibp.co.jp/article/COLUMN/20140612/563622/ , http://itpro.nikkeibp.co.jp/article/COLUMN/20140619/565428/ ).
- June 18, 2014 at 6:00PM PHT - Meeting
- Agenda: 8layer's 2014 Trilogy Open Source Themed events partnership.
* Ubuntu hour - lectures for beginners were held in Belgrade haklab, every Tuesday.
* Sat, 14th June gathering called Be Ubuntu was held in Belgrade haklab.
* Fri, 27th June Ubuntu users hanging out in Belgrade haklab.
* On Saturday 7th, 14th, 21st and 28th June, Administration team meeting was held.
South African Ubuntu team
Tue, 24 June: Monthly IRC Meet -- Minutes
Ubuntu Tunisian LoCo Team
Ubuntu United Kingdom LoCo Team
United States Teams
US Teams Project
Ubuntu Chicago LoCo Team
District of Columbia Team
Florida LoCo Team
New York State Team
Ubuntu North Carolina LoCo Team
Ubuntu Venezuela Team
Additional Ubuntu Teams
Ubuntu Accessibility Team
Ubuntu Classroom Team
Had discussion about upcoming plans for events this cycle
Ubuntu NGO Team