January

  • Meeting 2011-01-11
    • Chair: Kees Cook
    • Present: Martin Pitt, Matt Zimmerman, Colin Watson, Scott James Remnant
    • Apologies: Mark Shuttleworth
    • Guests: Allison Randal, Brian Murray, Jonathan Lange, Kate Stewart
    • Action review
      • Prior meeting actions were finished, based on review by Colin.
    • Version template for -extras
      • Settled on $upstream-0extras$YY.$MM.$serial where $YY.$MM is the Ubuntu release version number.
    • Reorganizing drivers/owners/release managers permissions in Launchpad
      • progress being tracked at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LaunchpadPermissions

      • Action: mdz - Set the release manager to ubuntu-release
      • Action: mdz - Review ubuntu-drivers membership and make sure it includes (only) people who need to manage blueprints
      • Action: mdz - Review ubuntu-release membership
      • Action: mdz - Set the owner/maintainer to techboard
      • Action: mdz - announce something to ubuntu-devel-announce
      • Action: bdmurray - file bug about bug supervisor not being able to set bug reporting guidelines for Ubuntu as a whole (not just packages)
      • Action: pitti - file bug about the fact that uploaders cannot target bugs to series (IBugNomination.CanApprove)

    • Next chair: Keybuk
  • Meeting 2011-01-25
    • Chair: Martin Pitt
    • Present: Colin Watson, Kees Cook
    • Apologies: Mark Shuttleworth, Matt Zimmerman, Scott James Remnant
    • Guests: Xavier Robin
    • Action review
      • mdz - Set the release manager to ubuntu-release: carried over
      • mdz - Review ubuntu-drivers membership and make sure it includes (only) people who need to manage blueprints: carried over
      • mdz - Review ubuntu-release membership: carried over
      • mdz - Set the owner/maintainer to techboard: carried over
      • mdz - announce something to ubuntu-devel-announce: carried over
      • bdmurray - file bug about bug supervisor not being able to set bug reporting guidelines for Ubuntu as a whole (not just packages): carried over
      • pitti - file bug about the fact that uploaders cannot target bugs to series (IBugNomination.CanApprove): Done, 451390

    • Default ntpd configuration (104525)

      • Xavier already asked for X.ubuntu.pool.ntp.org to be created, and it is working.

      • Provides round-robin with geolocation, and thus should provide more decentralized service on average
      • The only concern is about their quality assessment, otherwise this was regarded as an improvement
      • Action: Martin to check with James Troup about current quality experience of pool.ntp.org
      • Action: Martin to add TB as vendor contact point for http://groups.google.com/group/ntppool-vendors?pli=1

      • TB will review this topic again in the next meeting once above actions are done.
    • Seamonkey microrelease SRU exception
    • Next chair: Scott

TechnicalBoard/TeamReports/11/January (last edited 2011-01-25 15:45:49 by pitti)