The translation deadline for Quantal is on Tuesday October 9 at 10:30 UTC
This deadline marks the date where translations for Ubuntu are due. Translations done up until this date will be automatically included in the final release's language packs.
Generally language pack deadlines are on Tuesdays, and the corresponding language packs are released on the following Thursday. For those interested in more details, feel free to consult the language pack creation schedule.
Translations outside language packs
Some translation data cannot currently be updated via the language pack mechanism. For the packages affected, it is the responsibility of the maintainer to manually:
- Export translations from Launchpad
- Integrate translations in the package
- Do a package upload including translations
Translations which fall into this category are:
- The Ubuntu installation packages:
- Translations which don't use gettext, including:
- Translations included in the source packages
- Ubuntu documentation
Packages that should contain translations themselves are listed here