20110723

Meeting opened by AlanBell at 20:01

  • <AlanBell> hi all

    <brobostigon> o/

    <AlanBell> quick meeting today, not that much to cover

    <brobostigon> ok.

    <AlanBell> [topic] review of action items from last meeting

review of action items from last meeting

  • <suprengr> [burp] too much coke

    <AlanBell> only action item was to set up a facebook page, and we did that

    <brobostigon> success Smile :)

    <AlanBell> https://www.facebook.com/UbuntuUK

    <brobostigon> and then google+ camalong.

    <AlanBell> 60 people like it which is nice

    <AlanBell> indeed, G+ is interesting, we should probably do a mass hangout or something at some stage

    <popey> yes!

    <brobostigon> Smile :)

    <brobostigon> isnt there a hangout limit ?

    <AlanBell> dunno, but I expect that won't be a huge issue

    <AlanBell> [TOPIC] Daubers - British Library last minute arrangements

Daubers - British Library last minute arrangements

  • AlanBell sees muffins

    <brobostigon> hehe

    <AlanBell> so the plan for tomorrow is as follows

    <AlanBell> meeting at 11:00 at platform 9 3/4 Kings Cross station

    <AlanBell> this is just outside the station and looks like two bits of cheap plastic brick wallpaper that someone stuck on a wall

  • brobostigon points at the message to the ML earlier also.

    <AlanBell> and a baggage trolley that someone took an angle grinder to shoved up against it

    <AlanBell> https://plus.google.com/photos/109175303602657131317/albums/5632279650910795537/5632131424301638930

    <AlanBell> so we can hang out there for a bit and take photos of people pushing the trolley through the wall etc

  • brobostigon awaits floods of pictures to see on google+

    <popey> oh jeez

    <popey> it's going to take me 1.5 hours and two train changes to get to Kings Cross

    <AlanBell> why?

    <popey> thats what the train thing says

    <AlanBell> train to waterloo, tube to kings cross

    <popey> and engineering work on underground

    <popey> this weekend

    <AlanBell> crap

    <czajkowski> aye sunday trains are also a lot slower

    <czajkowski> they go the longer route from waterloo to farnham

    <popey> No trains will run. Because of this engineering work there will be no interchange with the London Underground at:

    <popey> London Kings Cross

    <popey> (amongst many other stations)

  • <popey> http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/service_disruptions/end16af6c54f4ac388a6e578971b3e70/details.html

    <AlanBell> I was thinking of driving quite a long way in anyway

    <popey> dunno if that link works

    <suprengr> sympathies - but you're at least able to get there

  • suprengr refers all to mail sent to list & earlier post here... & re-apologises for absence tomorrow Sad :(

    <AlanBell> bother

    <AlanBell> well that is a bit of a pain

    <AlanBell> ok, so I will send a mail to the list suggesting people check their transport arrangements

    <brobostigon> best plan. yes, incase people dont know.

    <AlanBell> anyhow, lunch at Argyle Square

    <AlanBell> then over to the British Library for the Science Fiction thing

    <czajkowski> AlanBell: is the square far from the park

  • <AlanBell> http://www.londontown.com/LondonStreets/argyle_square_215.html

    <AlanBell> it is just over the road from the station really

    <AlanBell> I might drive all the way in, want a lift popey?

    <popey> thats very kind of you

  • popey looks at maps

    <brobostigon> latitude Smile :)

    <AlanBell> yay, I have a navigator

    <popey> Sam is good with a map, but maybe not that good.

    <czajkowski> cool 14 mins on tube

    <czajkowski> or 25 on zee bus

    <popey> czajkowski: did you miss where I mentioned tubes being closed?

    <czajkowski> popey: elephant and castle says ok..

  • daubers is uber late

    <popey> czajkowski: kings cross is closed

    <czajkowski> bus it is then

    <czajkowski> ty

    <daubers> k/c is closed?

    <AlanBell> no, it isn't

    <AlanBell> just from circle line

    <AlanBell> northen line from waterloo takes you to euston, which is close to kings cross

  • brobostigon is reminded he needs to look for oggcamp arrangements.

    <popey> oh, sorry, just circle line

    <popey> & H&C

    <daubers> Hmmmm.. have to play tube bingo tomorrow to get there from paddington by the look of it

    <AlanBell> northern from elephant and castle goes all the way there

    <AlanBell> and victoria line should be working

    <AlanBell> ok, I will mail the list and update various places with transport info

    <czajkowski> although the norther line is seemingly working fine tomorrow

    <czajkowski> damn lag

    <AlanBell> any other questions about tomorrow?

    <andres_kain> food? or did I miss that?

  • daubers made muffins \o/

    <AlanBell> bring some stuff

    <andres_kain> OK, already had some spanish omelets. no drinks though, ..

    <czajkowski> daubers: whoooo

    <czajkowski> :d

    <AlanBell> bring some food, some drink, some stuff to share

    <AlanBell> something to sit on

    <daubers> We still meeting at platform 9 and doo dah?

    <AlanBell> the exhibition and library are free

    <AlanBell> yes, still meeting at platform 9 3/4

  • brobostigon wonder if the oggcamp camp site has facilities. ie, showers etc?

    <brobostigon> 8 mile away. hmm.

    <AlanBell> ok, lets move on from the geeknic stuff

    <brobostigon> sorry. my mind is wandering.

    <AlanBell> [TOPIC] AlanBell - LoCo reapproval, are we ready?

AlanBell - LoCo reapproval, are we ready?

  • <AlanBell> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UKTeam/ReApprovalApplication2011

    <AlanBell> probably not

    <AlanBell> we need to put dates against all the events and arrange them into some kind of logical order

    <AlanBell> we need to cover two years, not sure if we have or some goes back further

    <AlanBell> and we need to put more photos in

    <brobostigon> i agree. i think we got most of it organised a afew weeks ago.

    <AlanBell> Generally we need to be better at writing up events after they happen, we have stuff saying "we are going to do $awesome event" but not much about how awesome it was

    <brobostigon> my achievement was an unsuccessful release party, and i am not going to put that in there, a release party of four people.

    <AlanBell> three better than it could have been

    <brobostigon> agreed.

    <AlanBell> however anything can go in the form really

  • <AlanBell> http://www.lczajkowski.com/2011/07/22/preparing-for-approval-and-re-approval-dos-and-donts/

    <AlanBell> wonderful blog post I saw the other day

    <AlanBell> </creep>

    <daubers> So we need photo and video from tomorrow Smile :)

    <AlanBell> we do indeed

    <daubers> \o/

  • daubers checks the camera battery

    <brobostigon> consisting of me, directhex, and then partners, friends.

    <AlanBell> The LoCo Council meets on the 3rd Tuesday of every month at 21:00 UTC

    <AlanBell> I make that 16th August for the next meeting

    <brobostigon> i dont think there is much more i can add, other than about my release party.

    <AlanBell> if you can work out some dates of things that would be great

    <AlanBell> so should we go for 16th August?

    <brobostigon> AlanBell: thaat isnt going to be easy, i am awful and remembering dates.

    <AlanBell> look them up on the mailing list

    <brobostigon> good thinking.

    <czajkowski> or you know, your team reports Smile :)

    <brobostigon> Smile :)

    <czajkowski> will be easier now as well to look at past events on the LD if you've created them there

    <AlanBell> yes, them too

    <daubers> AlanBell: I would go for it, so there is a deadline at least

    <daubers> Otherwise we'll just keep dithering until the last minute

    <popey> +1

    <AlanBell> team reports don't go back two years though I think

  • <czajkowski> http://loco.ubuntu.com/teams/ubuntu-uk/events/history

    <AlanBell> however, lets go for August 16th and get it done by then, I think we have enough down already that it is a realistic deadline

    <brobostigon> ok.

    <AlanBell> [agreed] put the team down for reapproval at the August 16th LoCo Council meeting

put the team down for reapproval at the August 16th LoCo Council meeting

  • <AlanBell> ok, any other business?

    <czajkowski> don't forget to come to the meeting Smile :)

    <AlanBell> oggcamp stuff?

    <brobostigon> do we have an ubuntu-uk diary to put it into linked tio google calnadar?

    <czajkowski> and update the bug

    <czajkowski> Smile :)

    <AlanBell> bug, yes Smile :)

    <brobostigon> AlanBell: the stuff i mumbled about ealier.

    <daubers> AlanBell: We good on video cameras now?

    <AlanBell> brobostigon: right, I was in the maltings earlier, could have checked

    <AlanBell> don't think they have showers, but it is a big rambling place, they might somewhere

    <brobostigon> AlanBell: my concern is, i dont mind camping, however transport back and forth, and the facilities there.

    <popey> AlanBell: he was talking about campsite, not maltings

    <popey> AIUI

    <AlanBell> ah

    <daubers> brobostigon: http://www.iwantoneofthose.com/pocket-shower/index.html Smile :)

    <AlanBell> some people are camping in my back garden

    <brobostigon> AlanBell: my main concern in my eczema, and loking after it properly, more than anything.

  • daubers is intending to commute, have offered the Reading Hackspace guys lifts

    <AlanBell> is there a campsite others are using?

http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/details.asp?revid=4113 <- is the campsite on the website. Says it has showers

  • <daubers> http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/details.asp?revid=4113 <- is the campsite on the website. Says it has showers

    <daubers> as does http://www.campingandcampsites.co.uk/campsites/Basingstoke+Canal+Centre/205/

    <brobostigon> ok,

    <brobostigon> howabout travekl back and forth from there to the nevue?

    <brobostigon> venue*

    <brobostigon> hazrpg is giving me a lift down there.

    <popey> I would recommend anyone thinking of camping should contact oggcamping@gmail.com

    <AlanBell> that is a bit of a trek

    <popey> they are co-ordinating the camping

    <brobostigon> no chance, with osteoporosis.

    <brobostigon> popey: i only recently considered camping, when i saw hotel prices.

  • AlanBell emailed oggcamping and had no reply

    <brobostigon> eeeek

    <daubers> brobostigon: I suspect you might be able to bag a lift from someone Smile :)

    <brobostigon> daubers: yes, however, i cant work as random as that, i need a layed plan.

    <daubers> brobostigon: Email the camping peeps

    <AlanBell> ok, well this is something to work on I think

    <brobostigon> daubers: i am just formulating something.

    <AlanBell> the other point was videos

    <AlanBell> we can discuss that a bit more tomorrow I think

    <daubers> Okies

    <AlanBell> probably do need more cameras/tripods

  • brobostigon is getting a worries feeling about uncertainty again.

    <AlanBell> any more other business before we wrap up the minutes?

    <brobostigon> no.

  • brobostigon lies, but keeps quite, to to silly questions.

    <brobostigon> quiet*

    <AlanBell> next meeting then

    <AlanBell> maybe August 9th? a week before the reapproval meeting?

    <brobostigon> saturday also?

    <AlanBell> a tuesday

    <daubers> 2 weeks tuesday

    <daubers> Sounds good to me

    <brobostigon> nope. play chess tuesday night.

    <AlanBell> want to get the people who are available on a tuesday there

    <brobostigon> i am of limited use anyways.

    <AlanBell> aww

    <AlanBell> you are fine Smile :)

    <brobostigon> thank you AlanBell Smile :)

    <AlanBell> however if you are not available on tuesdays preparing for the reapproval meeting on the following tuesday will be of limited use Smile :)

    <brobostigon> tuesday however ownt work for me, i can catch up though.

    <brobostigon> quite.

    <AlanBell> [agreed] meeting Tuesday 9th August 9PM

meeting Tuesday 9th August 9PM

  • <AlanBell> #endmeeting


Meeting closed at 21:01

People Present

  • AlanBell

  • brobostigon
  • suprengr
  • popey
  • czajkowski
  • daubers
  • andres_kain

Actions Recorded

UKTeam/MeetingNotes/20110723 (last edited 2011-08-09 22:08:43 by alanbell)