Meeting opened by AlanBell at 20:01
<AlanBell> hi all
<AlanBell> quick meeting today, not that much to cover
<AlanBell> [topic] review of action items from last meeting
review of action items from last meeting
<suprengr> [burp] too much coke
<AlanBell> only action item was to set up a facebook page, and we did that
<brobostigon> and then google+ camalong.
<AlanBell> 60 people like it which is nice
<AlanBell> indeed, G+ is interesting, we should probably do a mass hangout or something at some stage
<brobostigon> isnt there a hangout limit ?
<AlanBell> dunno, but I expect that won't be a huge issue
<AlanBell> [TOPIC] Daubers - British Library last minute arrangements
Daubers - British Library last minute arrangements
AlanBell sees muffins
<AlanBell> so the plan for tomorrow is as follows
<AlanBell> meeting at 11:00 at platform 9 3/4 Kings Cross station
<AlanBell> this is just outside the station and looks like two bits of cheap plastic brick wallpaper that someone stuck on a wall
brobostigon points at the message to the ML earlier also.
<AlanBell> and a baggage trolley that someone took an angle grinder to shoved up against it
<AlanBell> so we can hang out there for a bit and take photos of people pushing the trolley through the wall etc
brobostigon awaits floods of pictures to see on google+
<popey> oh jeez
<popey> it's going to take me 1.5 hours and two train changes to get to Kings Cross
<popey> thats what the train thing says
<AlanBell> train to waterloo, tube to kings cross
<popey> and engineering work on underground
<popey> this weekend
<czajkowski> aye sunday trains are also a lot slower
<czajkowski> they go the longer route from waterloo to farnham
<popey> No trains will run. Because of this engineering work there will be no interchange with the London Underground at:
<popey> London Kings Cross
<popey> (amongst many other stations)
<AlanBell> I was thinking of driving quite a long way in anyway
<popey> dunno if that link works
<suprengr> sympathies - but you're at least able to get there
suprengr refers all to mail sent to list & earlier post here... & re-apologises for absence tomorrow
<AlanBell> well that is a bit of a pain
<AlanBell> ok, so I will send a mail to the list suggesting people check their transport arrangements
<brobostigon> best plan. yes, incase people dont know.
<AlanBell> anyhow, lunch at Argyle Square
<AlanBell> then over to the British Library for the Science Fiction thing
<czajkowski> AlanBell: is the square far from the park
<AlanBell> it is just over the road from the station really
<AlanBell> I might drive all the way in, want a lift popey?
<popey> thats very kind of you
popey looks at maps
<AlanBell> yay, I have a navigator
<popey> Sam is good with a map, but maybe not that good.
<czajkowski> cool 14 mins on tube
<czajkowski> or 25 on zee bus
<popey> czajkowski: did you miss where I mentioned tubes being closed?
<czajkowski> popey: elephant and castle says ok..
daubers is uber late
<popey> czajkowski: kings cross is closed
<czajkowski> bus it is then
<daubers> k/c is closed?
<AlanBell> no, it isn't
<AlanBell> just from circle line
<AlanBell> northen line from waterloo takes you to euston, which is close to kings cross
brobostigon is reminded he needs to look for oggcamp arrangements.
<popey> oh, sorry, just circle line
<popey> & H&C
<daubers> Hmmmm.. have to play tube bingo tomorrow to get there from paddington by the look of it
<AlanBell> northern from elephant and castle goes all the way there
<AlanBell> and victoria line should be working
<AlanBell> ok, I will mail the list and update various places with transport info
<czajkowski> although the norther line is seemingly working fine tomorrow
<czajkowski> damn lag
<AlanBell> any other questions about tomorrow?
<andres_kain> food? or did I miss that?
daubers made muffins \o/
<AlanBell> bring some stuff
<andres_kain> OK, already had some spanish omelets. no drinks though, ..
<czajkowski> daubers: whoooo
<AlanBell> bring some food, some drink, some stuff to share
<AlanBell> something to sit on
<daubers> We still meeting at platform 9 and doo dah?
<AlanBell> the exhibition and library are free
<AlanBell> yes, still meeting at platform 9 3/4
brobostigon wonder if the oggcamp camp site has facilities. ie, showers etc?
<brobostigon> 8 mile away. hmm.
<AlanBell> ok, lets move on from the geeknic stuff
<brobostigon> sorry. my mind is wandering.
AlanBell - LoCo reapproval, are we ready?
<AlanBell> probably not
<AlanBell> we need to put dates against all the events and arrange them into some kind of logical order
<AlanBell> we need to cover two years, not sure if we have or some goes back further
<AlanBell> and we need to put more photos in
<brobostigon> i agree. i think we got most of it organised a afew weeks ago.
<AlanBell> Generally we need to be better at writing up events after they happen, we have stuff saying "we are going to do $awesome event" but not much about how awesome it was
<brobostigon> my achievement was an unsuccessful release party, and i am not going to put that in there, a release party of four people.
<AlanBell> three better than it could have been
<AlanBell> however anything can go in the form really
<AlanBell> wonderful blog post I saw the other day
<daubers> So we need photo and video from tomorrow
<AlanBell> we do indeed
daubers checks the camera battery
<brobostigon> consisting of me, directhex, and then partners, friends.
<AlanBell> The LoCo Council meets on the 3rd Tuesday of every month at 21:00 UTC
<AlanBell> I make that 16th August for the next meeting
<brobostigon> i dont think there is much more i can add, other than about my release party.
<AlanBell> if you can work out some dates of things that would be great
<AlanBell> so should we go for 16th August?
<brobostigon> AlanBell: thaat isnt going to be easy, i am awful and remembering dates.
<AlanBell> look them up on the mailing list
<brobostigon> good thinking.
<czajkowski> or you know, your team reports
<czajkowski> will be easier now as well to look at past events on the LD if you've created them there
<AlanBell> yes, them too
<daubers> AlanBell: I would go for it, so there is a deadline at least
<daubers> Otherwise we'll just keep dithering until the last minute
<AlanBell> team reports don't go back two years though I think
<AlanBell> however, lets go for August 16th and get it done by then, I think we have enough down already that it is a realistic deadline
<AlanBell> [agreed] put the team down for reapproval at the August 16th LoCo Council meeting
put the team down for reapproval at the August 16th LoCo Council meeting
<AlanBell> ok, any other business?
<czajkowski> don't forget to come to the meeting
<AlanBell> oggcamp stuff?
<brobostigon> do we have an ubuntu-uk diary to put it into linked tio google calnadar?
<czajkowski> and update the bug
<AlanBell> bug, yes
<brobostigon> AlanBell: the stuff i mumbled about ealier.
<daubers> AlanBell: We good on video cameras now?
<AlanBell> brobostigon: right, I was in the maltings earlier, could have checked
<AlanBell> don't think they have showers, but it is a big rambling place, they might somewhere
<brobostigon> AlanBell: my concern is, i dont mind camping, however transport back and forth, and the facilities there.
<popey> AlanBell: he was talking about campsite, not maltings
<daubers> brobostigon: http://www.iwantoneofthose.com/pocket-shower/index.html
<AlanBell> some people are camping in my back garden
<brobostigon> AlanBell: my main concern in my eczema, and loking after it properly, more than anything.
daubers is intending to commute, have offered the Reading Hackspace guys lifts
<AlanBell> is there a campsite others are using?
http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/details.asp?revid=4113 <- is the campsite on the website. Says it has showers
<daubers> http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/details.asp?revid=4113 <- is the campsite on the website. Says it has showers
<brobostigon> howabout travekl back and forth from there to the nevue?
<brobostigon> hazrpg is giving me a lift down there.
<popey> I would recommend anyone thinking of camping should contact firstname.lastname@example.org
<AlanBell> that is a bit of a trek
<popey> they are co-ordinating the camping
<brobostigon> no chance, with osteoporosis.
<brobostigon> popey: i only recently considered camping, when i saw hotel prices.
AlanBell emailed oggcamping and had no reply
<daubers> brobostigon: I suspect you might be able to bag a lift from someone
<brobostigon> daubers: yes, however, i cant work as random as that, i need a layed plan.
<daubers> brobostigon: Email the camping peeps
<AlanBell> ok, well this is something to work on I think
<brobostigon> daubers: i am just formulating something.
<AlanBell> the other point was videos
<AlanBell> we can discuss that a bit more tomorrow I think
<AlanBell> probably do need more cameras/tripods
brobostigon is getting a worries feeling about uncertainty again.
<AlanBell> any more other business before we wrap up the minutes?
brobostigon lies, but keeps quite, to to silly questions.
<AlanBell> next meeting then
<AlanBell> maybe August 9th? a week before the reapproval meeting?
<brobostigon> saturday also?
<AlanBell> a tuesday
<daubers> 2 weeks tuesday
<daubers> Sounds good to me
<brobostigon> nope. play chess tuesday night.
<AlanBell> want to get the people who are available on a tuesday there
<brobostigon> i am of limited use anyways.
<AlanBell> you are fine
<brobostigon> thank you AlanBell
<AlanBell> however if you are not available on tuesdays preparing for the reapproval meeting on the following tuesday will be of limited use
<brobostigon> tuesday however ownt work for me, i can catch up though.
<AlanBell> [agreed] meeting Tuesday 9th August 9PM
meeting Tuesday 9th August 9PM
Meeting closed at 21:01