Meeting started by AlanBell at 20:01:46 UTC. The full logs are available at http://ubottu.com/meetingology/logs/ubuntu-uk-meeting/2011/ubuntu-uk-meeting.2011-10-20-20.01.log.html .
- review of actions from last meeting
REPORT] People who have achieved something in October, please place it in the report. (AlanBell, 20:03:20)
LINK: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UKTeam/TeamReports/11/October (AlanBell, 20:03:23)
REPORT] popey to do a report on the amazing oggcamp event (AlanBell, 20:05:55)
AlanBell - The Next Happy Hour(s)
LINK: https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/loco-contacts/2011-July/005506.html (AlanBell, 20:41:44) LINK: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/OneiricOcelot/LocalizedImagesRollout (AlanBell, 20:43:07)
- The Chair - Any Other Business
- Date of next meeting
Meeting ended at 20:54:44 UTC.
AlanBell to call for a contact person for the December happy hour
Action items, by person
People present (lines said)
- BigRedS (26)
- brunogirin (10)
- meetingology (4)
- TonyP (3)
- jacobw (2)
- popey (2)
- diplo (1)
20:01:46 <meetingology> Available commands: #accept #accepted #action #agree #agreed #chair #commands #endmeeting #endvote #halp #help #idea #info #link #lurk #meetingname #meetingtopic #nick #progress #rejected #replay #restrictlogs #save #startmeeting #subtopic #topic #unchair #undo #unlurk #vote #voters #votesrequired
20:01:57 <popey> o/
20:02:02 <brunogirin> o/
20:02:23 <BigRedS> o/
20:02:31 <TonyP> hi
20:02:37 <popey> I'm in a pub!
20:02:37 <AlanBell> #topic review of actions from last meeting
20:02:45 <AlanBell> yay, pub
20:03:20 <AlanBell> [PROGRESS REPORT] People who have achieved something in October, please place it in the report.
20:05:55 <AlanBell> [PROGRESS REPORT] popey to do a report on the amazing oggcamp event
20:06:02 <AlanBell> popey failed
20:06:05 <AlanBell> moving on
20:06:19 <AlanBell> #
20:06:19 <AlanBell> #
20:06:54 <AlanBell> um, more lack of action I think
20:07:19 <BigRedS> There has been a lot of pub recently
20:07:30 <AlanBell> so one is happening right now
20:07:55 <brunogirin> BigRedS: you can never have too much pub
20:07:57 <AlanBell> the next one is planned for Nottingham, 10th November
20:08:02 <AlanBell> in the Roundhouse
20:08:32 <BigRedS> brunogirin: no, but it can get in the way of progress
20:08:38 <AlanBell> would be great if people can publicise that a bit, especially in the Notts area
20:09:11 <AlanBell> so, after Nottingham, where next?
20:09:50 <BigRedS> where's that map of members? Pick another population hotspot?
20:10:24 <brunogirin> Manchester?
20:10:26 <BigRedS> oh, here: http://ubuntu-uk.org/where-are-we/
20:11:03 <AlanBell> Oxford, Southampton, Manchester are all quite good options
20:13:08 <AlanBell> any preferences?
20:14:17 <brunogirin> nope 20:14:27 * BigRedS can't really get to any of those so doesn't particularly mind
20:15:10 <TonyP> none near me either
20:15:40 <AlanBell> ho hum
20:16:44 <brunogirin> I can probably do Oxford or Southampton
20:17:06 <brunogirin> Manchester at a push if it's on a Friday
20:17:40 <AlanBell> ok, well lets try to find a person in one of those places who can certainly turn up one evening early december
20:18:01 <AlanBell> I want to announce that one on the day of the Notts one
20:18:44 <brunogirin> so is that an action for you to post on the mailing list a request for volunteers to go to the pub one evening in December?
20:18:54 <AlanBell> yup
20:19:32 * meetingology AlanBell to call for a contact person for the December happy hour
20:19:45 <AlanBell> which brings us on to . . .
20:20:11 <BigRedS> Aha! 20:20:14 * BigRedS votes 'yes'
20:20:14 <AlanBell> so should we do a christmas party?
20:20:21 <AlanBell> where?
20:20:56 <brunogirin> in a pub?
20:20:58 <BigRedS> London!
20:21:12 <AlanBell> pub in london sounds possible
20:23:15 <brunogirin> but won't it clash with the december happy hour?
20:23:33 <AlanBell> well maybe put the happy hour in Manchester
20:23:39 <BigRedS> ah, perhaps. the december happy hour would probably be a christmasy do by default
20:23:48 <AlanBell> it might be a bit chirsmassy
20:24:24 <AlanBell> should we try something more of a meal perhaps?
20:24:49 <BigRedS> might be hard close to christmas through everybody else wanting to do same?
20:25:18 <AlanBell> sure, but we could book a christmas meal somewhere
20:25:29 <AlanBell> would cost a bit, but hey, it is christmas
20:25:40 <AlanBell> or just go to a pub
20:26:13 <BigRedS> hmm, depends what the people going want, I suppose. Pubs are more flexible, which is probably handy
20:26:20 <BigRedS> but also more alcoholic, which might be less so
20:27:10 <AlanBell> maybe pub is best
20:28:55 <diplo> I'm interested but defo would like some notice so i can make sure whether my ex or i have kids so i can arrange around them
20:30:01 <AlanBell> ok, I will mail the list asking for venue suggestion for a christmas pub visit I think
20:30:09 <AlanBell> some time late december
20:31:51 <AlanBell> we are having interesting discussions here about London venues
20:36:44 <AlanBell> ok, possible meal in total darkness
20:37:05 <BigRedS> haha
20:37:51 <AlanBell> ok, I will do some investigation
20:37:54 <AlanBell> moving on
20:38:43 <AlanBell> so we have Ubuntu 11.10 the Oneiric Ocelot and the official iso imaves
20:38:46 <AlanBell> images
20:39:24 <AlanBell> we should do that
20:39:35 <BigRedS> yes
20:39:41 <BigRedS> stop popey complaining about his trash can
20:39:48 <AlanBell> with no americanisms
20:39:51 <AlanBell> and a rubbish bin
20:40:29 <TonyP> waste basket?
20:40:29 <BigRedS> what do we need to do?
20:40:31 <jacobw> ahem, 'deleted items'.
20:40:53 <BigRedS> they're patently not deleted if they're in the not-yet-deleted-stuff directory...
20:41:16 <jacobw> endangered items.. :P
20:41:22 <BigRedS> haha
20:42:01 * SuprEngr thinks of a name - but darn't suggest it - it's got 4 leters & starts with an 's'
20:42:25 <AlanBell> David Planella or dpm on IRC is the contact person for thatg
20:42:28 <BigRedS> oh yeah, I remember that one
20:44:30 <brunogirin> so how do we organise ourselves to do that?
20:45:18 <AlanBell> well there are some instructions on that page, and some scripts which may wokr
20:45:35 <AlanBell> we need to have a bunch of people working on this I think
20:46:02 <AlanBell> getting it running, testing it, making sure the transkations are right etc
20:46:54 <AlanBell> so how should we do this, kick off with a mail to the list and find some people to do it?
20:47:17 <AlanBell> I will have lots of emails to get out later
20:47:47 <BigRedS> haha, yeah, sounds like a plan. I think I'd be up for a bit of that. Though I'm already a bit short on time...
20:47:55 <AlanBell> me too
20:48:02 <AlanBell> however I would like to see it happen
20:48:06 <BigRedS> yeah
20:48:19 <AlanBell> ok, will do
20:48:23 <AlanBell> [TOPIC] The Chair - Any Other Business
20:48:42 <AlanBell> anyone got anything thye want to raise? 20:50:37 * BigRedS hasn't
20:51:17 <SuprEngr> only to apologise for my tardiness... sdlight heating emergency
20:51:25 <SuprEngr> *slight
20:52:51 <AlanBell> okies
20:52:53 <AlanBell> [TOPIC] Date of next meeting
20:53:01 <AlanBell> about 3 weeks
20:53:31 <AlanBell> ooh, 10th November, on the day of the Notts Happy Hour
20:53:42 <BigRedS> aha
20:53:53 <AlanBell> I like this plan
20:53:54 <BigRedS> could make it a frequent thing
20:54:08 <AlanBell> will pick a chair nearer the time
20:54:09 <BigRedS> does introduce laptops to the happy hour, though
20:54:23 <AlanBell> optional
20:54:35 <AlanBell> I think chairing from the pub is sub-optimal
20:54:44 <AlanBell> #endmeeting