Meeting with Ubuntu desktop team for work on Unity 7.
- About the Launcher rotation, Because of all kinds of things recently, The work moves slowly, so when is the deadline? and about move the Dash to bottom, any suggestion?
- when the branch of lockscreen be merged?
- what do canonical do recently, any plan about unity7, unity8, snappy, ubuntu core and so on? where to get the messages?
- We will have a holiday from February 5th to February 15th.so next meeting may be February 18th.
Action Items from last meeting
- Launcher rotation
[08:18] <hikiko> hello everybody!!
[08:19] <handsome_feng> hi
[08:19] <hikiko> I won't miss the meeting this time!! \m/
[08:20] <handsome_feng> yeah â””(o)â”˜
[08:30] <handsome_feng> hi, meeting time
[08:31] <handsome_feng> welcome, marco
[08:35] <hikiko> hello
[08:35] <handsome_feng> seems there is someting wrong with his calendar
[08:37] <hikiko> I told you!!!
[08:37] <handsome_feng> what ?
[08:39] <handsome_feng> let's waiting for marco?
[08:42] <hikiko> sure
[08:43] <handsome_feng> and eleni, have you read the Agenda of this meeting ?
[08:47] * hikiko reads
[08:49] <handsome_feng> About the plan, Do you have some valuable information?
[08:50] <handsome_feng> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Ubuntu%20Kylin/Meeting/2016/20160128#preview
[08:50] <hikiko> well I can tell you about the 3rd
[08:50] <handsome_feng> cool
[08:50] <hikiko> because andrea is the one who knows the most about lockscreen
[08:51] <hikiko> and marco is doing the launcher
[08:51] <hikiko> I added a feature on unity
[08:51] <hikiko> shadows for the shaped windows
[08:51] <hikiko> (those that are not rectangular for example oclock that is round etc)
[08:51] <hikiko> the gtk ones etc
[08:53] <hikiko> Now, we have a serious bug to fix in compiz/unity (performance related) but I don't know much about it yet we ll have a meeting with Will and he will explain us
[08:53] <hikiko> if you have something we could help
[08:54] <handsome_feng> seems those work have write in the blueprint of 1604?
[08:54] <hikiko> We didn't updated the blueprint yet I think
[08:56] <handsome_feng> ok...
[08:56] <hikiko> It was in Trello and should automatically go to launchpad I guess..
[08:56] <hikiko> I'll look at it
[08:57] <handsome_feng> fine
[08:58] <handsome_feng> And do you know something about unity8 , ubuntu core ... ?
[08:59] <hikiko> not much, there was an email in the list at some point I think from willcooke maybe he knows better
[09:00] <hikiko> let me find it
[09:01] <handsome_feng> Fine, Think you !
[09:01] <handsome_feng> thank you ...
[09:01] <hikiko> mmm no it was an update on mir tasks
[09:01] <hikiko> I don't know
[09:01] <hikiko> but maybe will knows
[09:02] <handsome_feng> ok , i think maybe i shout sent an e-mail to him
[09:02] <hikiko> yes probably
[09:03] <handsome_feng> hi, willcooke
[09:03] <hikiko> hello willcooke
[09:05] <handsome_feng> Is there anything new about the plan of 1604? eleni told me that the blueprint is out-of-date
[09:05] <hikiko> I updated it!
[09:05] <hikiko> a second ago... :p
[09:05] <handsome_feng> wow, cool !!
[09:10] <handsome_feng> And about the snap ? anything new ?
[09:13] <hikiko> I don't know
[09:13] <handsome_feng> ï¼šï¼‰
[09:14] <handsome_feng> maybe marco will not come today
[09:14] <hikiko> oh wait maybe he is travelling
[09:14] <hikiko> there's the fossdem in brussels
[09:17] <handsome_feng> oh, I really admire him, maybe i should call him next week
[09:20] <handsome_feng> Do you have anything else ? eleni
[09:20] <hikiko> not really, do you need anything from me?
[09:21] <handsome_feng> not too, so maybe let's wrap up this meeting ?
[09:22] <hikiko> sure
[09:22] <hikiko> have a nice rest of the day!
[09:22] <hikiko> and happy holidays
[09:22] <handsome_feng> Thank you !!!! See you next year(chinese year) !!
[09:22] <hikiko> hahaha
[09:22] <hikiko> happy new chinese year!
[09:24] <handsome_feng> \o/ bye! eleni
[09:24] <hikiko> bb!