Remove my MediaWiki-ism
photo links moved in from main wiki
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 88:||Line 88:|
|More information to follow.||== Photos ==
Photos from the conference:
'''UDU - Sydney, April 2005'''
* [http://community.webshots.com/album/338849189afiQFQ/ JaneW's]
* [http://www.grawert.net/udu-gallery/ ogra's]
* [http://www.err.no/pictures/2005-04-30/ Mithrandir's 1/2]
* [http://www.err.no/pictures/2005-05-03/ Mithrandir's 2/2]
* [http://gallery.linuxguru.net/UbuntuDownUnder-4-2005/ jblack's]
* [http://tseng.ath.cx/photos/index.php?galerie=udu/ tseng's]
* [http://jriddell.org/photos/?pindex=15 Riddell's] (next 2 pages as well)
* [http://fotos.amedias.org/Conferencias%20y%20charlas/UbuntuDownUnder/ koke's]
* [http://www.flickr.com/photos/jsgotangco/ jsgotangco's]
* [http://www.flickr.com/photos/whiprush/tags/udu/ whiprush's]
* [http://www.netsplit.com/travel/2005/australia/ Keybuk's]
* [http://usuarios.momona.org/juanje/ubuntu/DownUnder/page004.html Juanje's]
* Add your link here.
What: Ubuntu Down Under
Where: Sydney, Australia
When: 25 - 30 April 2005 (arrive on 24th, depart on 1st)
Who: Open to the Public
The conference will be held on 25-30 April 2005.
If you intend to come for the full conference, plan to arrive into Sydney on the 24th and get out on May 1st. It is absolutely normal to come for only part of the conference.
The schedule for each day is finalised the evening before. So this is still a work in progress, but here it is ["/Schedule"]
Who Should Attend
Anyone can attend! The conference is completely open to the public. We especially welcome members of the ubuntu community who are keen to help set the agenda and the goals for the October release of Ubuntu, 5.10, codenamed "Breezy Badger". Canonical will be sponsoring a limited number of people to attend the conference. Information on sponsorship is on the ["/Attendees"] page.
How to Attend
All core Ubuntu developers will be in attendance and anyone else who is interested or involved in Ubuntu is welcome to attend as well.
While the conference is open, we do need to have an idea of who is going to be coming so we can plan the space requirements. Please fill in your information at ["/Attendees"]
Goals and Agenda
Like last time in Spain, we may have a few more organized talks although the current plan is to focus on less formal "Birds of a Feather" (BOF) meetings. We want to try to organize these so that each BOF leaves with something. It might be a plan, a piece of code, etc. In each case, each BOF should terminate with a written report of the BOF, the conclusions, and the action items (and who they were assigned).
The conference will be held at the Hotel "Vibe Rushcutters" in Sydney, Australia. Information is online at http://www.vibehotels.com.au/
The Ubuntu core developers will be staying at the Vibe Rushcutters Hotel.
There will be other places to stay as well in the area. At the moment, we do not have this information available. You can start looking at http://wikitravel.org/en/Sydney
More detailed directions will be uploaded as things move forward. If you figure something out, please don't hesitate to add that information here.
There's some good information to get you started up at http://wikitravel.org/en/Sydney
What to Bring
- a visa for Australia, if you need it
- your laptop with wireless capability
power adapter for Australian power, plug is Type I, power is 230V and 50 Hz. Info here: http://kropla.com/!i.htm
Photos from the conference: UDU - Sydney, April 2005
[http://www.err.no/pictures/2005-04-30/ Mithrandir's 1/2]
[http://www.err.no/pictures/2005-05-03/ Mithrandir's 2/2]
[http://jriddell.org/photos/?pindex=15 Riddell's] (next 2 pages as well)
- Add your link here.