This is the home page for Ubuntu Malagasy Translators team. Our project page is at https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-l10n-mg
About the Team
Ubuntu Malagasy Translators team is a group of translators that translates Ubuntu into Malagasy. If you are interested, follow on to see how you can help us.
We are going to translate Ubuntu distributions. You can find more info here: https://help.launchpad.net/Translations
How to Contact Us
Mailing list: email@example.com
How to Translate
Create a Launchpad account at https://login.launchpad.net/+new_account
Start the translations at https://translations.launchpad.net/ubuntu
How to Join
Joining the Ubuntu Malagasy Translators team allows you to commit and make Malagasy translations. If you are not a member, your contributions will need to be approved by a member. The procedure for joining is as follows.
Sign up for a Launchpad account.
- Make your e-mail address visible on your Launchpad homepage so that we can get in touch with you. If we cannot contact you, you cannot join.
Apply to join the Ubuntu Malagasy Translators team
- Sign up to the mailing list.
- An Administrator would then add you.
- You should send a mail to the mailing-list introducing yourself to other group-members.
The team is moderated, meaning that you need to be approved by an Administrator before you are allowed to join. Membership is dependent upon:
- Adequate command of the Malagasy language to qualify as a translator.
- Ability to contribute constructively and work as a team under the leadership of the Administrators.
- Following the established guidelines and directions.
- Remaining contactable via the mailing list.
Don't let these requirements scare you off, though. Provided you have decent Malagasy language skills, you will likely be admitted.
Please follow the Code of Conduct when translating.
- Pay attention to all section from the guidelines and always keep in touch with other translators.
- When you have translated a string, read it again and see if there are any error or the translations sound right in your language.
- If the translated string does not make sense for you (or your mother/father), definitely it is wrong and you should redo/rephrase it.
- If it feasible, always ask another team member to review your translations.
- Before allowing new members in your team make sure they have previously done good translations and are aware of the team translation guide.