Ubuntu White Hat - Modus operandi DRAFT
0. portscan IP address (with the help of nmap, nessus, etc..)
1. investigate active services and daemons
2. investigate webapps in use
0. Run a search through CVE Archives with the found services and active daemons running on the computer
1. Run a search through CVE Archives with the webapps used
0. Penetration test with active services and daemons found to be vulnerable through CVE, only non-desctructive ones (no Denial-of-Service tests)
1. Penetration test with used webapps found to be vulnerable through CVE, only non-desctructive ones (no Denial-of-Service tests)
0. Auditing of used daemons and webapps
0. In case a 0day will be found, mail the Ubuntu pentest private mailing list to organize and help writing the bugfix and eventual Advisory
1. Write definitive report with "UWHA" (Ubuntu White Hat Anteater) and send it to Launchpad, in case of vulnerability attach screenshot and POC.
2. Automatically subscribe to launchpad bug the team that handles that specific infrastructure and in case the package is in Ubuntu mirrors and it's still not fixed, then subscribe Security Team (main) or MOTU Swat (universe)
0. Get in touch with the team responsible for the infrastructure for eventual DoS tests.