The plan to merge Ubuntu TV code back into Unity-2D
In the following document "shell_branch" is lp:~unity-2d-team/unity-2d/unity-2d-shell and "TV trunk" is lp:ubuntutv
- [DONE] Merge lp:unity-2d into shell_branch
Pay special attention to the new dependency on UnityCore
- Merge commit by commit, trying to avoid skipping new features/bugfixes like we did in the past
- [DONE] Finish the missing shell features. The full list can be found below (removed now).
- [DONE] Merge shell_branch into lp:unity-2d
- [IN PROGRESS] Merge lp:unity-2d into TV trunk; branch is at lp:~s-team/ubuntutv/shell_merge
- Merge back selected features from TV trunk to lp:unity-2d (see below)
- [TODO] go through the diff to see if there is more than the list contains
Backport from ubuntu-tv
The list below (not complete, I'm afraid) lists commits that make sense to be merged back upstream from ubuntu-tv.
- 795 [dash] only dismiss onFocusOut in Desktop mode
808 [dash] ListViewWithHeaders: embed bodyLoader into a generic item that will allow for opening/closing animations.
809 [dash] ListViewWithHeaders: do not navigate to the category headers if they are disabled.
915 [dash] abstract the CategoryHeader
- 812.3.1 [plugin] add unity2dConfiguration to root context
- 905 [shell] updateMask when dashMode changes. Needs to be upstreamed.
- 933 When setting up synchronisation with screen's VBlank, avoid conflicting with the nVidia driver specific way of doing it.
- 935 Rendering optimization flags. To be upstreamed.