Current

General Agenda Items and Proposals

PLEASE COME TO THE MEETINGS PREPARED.

This means:

  1. If there is an either and issue or idea for the team, please add it to the agenda below.
  2. Besides voting on new members, there will usually be no voting held at these meetings. The Ubuntu Youth Council will review all discussions and ideas from the meeting and will vote on them once they have held such a discussion.

Who

What

zkriesse

Start of meeting, and such

zkriesse

Welcoming message

Who

Topic 1 - New Members

Who

Topic 2 - Mentor-ship for new members?

Who

Topic 3 - Progress of assigned/to be assigned projects

Who

Topic 4 - WE HAVE A FORUM!!!!

zkriesse

Topic 5 - Any concerns, questions, or ideas? Please, bring them up!

Fixed Agenda Items

  • Request A Status Update From Current Mentors.

  • Review List Of Prospective Members In Need Of Mentor.

  • Vote On Any People That Have Been Nominated For Membership

Post-Meeting Tasks

Log

   1 16:59:16 <zkriesse> #startmeeting
   2 
   3 16:59:16 <meetingology> Meeting started Sat Sep 11 16:59:16 2010 UTC.  The chair is zkriesse. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.ubuntu.com/AlanBell.
   4 
   5 16:59:16 <meetingology> updated
   6 
   7 16:59:16 <meetingology> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
   8 
   9 16:59:16 <meetingology> updated
  10  
  11 16:59:17 <AndrewMC> 1
  12 
  13 16:59:39 <BasicXP> almost :)
  14 
  15 16:59:43 <BasicXP> :59:16  :)
  16 
  17 17:00:00 <AndrewMC> BasicXP: you couldve had lag on your end
  18 
  19 17:00:07 <zkriesse> #voters AndrewMC ascenseur bachstudies czajkowski Ddorda highvoltage jpds lfaraone lhavelund nisshh noplamodo popey Puck` ryanakca shadeslayer JoeMaverickSett pedro3005 Kaia
  20 
  21 17:00:07 <meetingology> Current voters: AndrewMC Ddorda JoeMaverickSett Kaia Puck` ascenseur bachstudies czajkowski highvoltage jpds lfaraone lhavelund nisshh noplamodo pedro3005 popey ryanakca shadeslayer
  22 
  23 17:00:18 <zkriesse> Ok so, welcome to the meeting
  24 
  25 17:00:21 <popey> O RLY?
  26 
  27 17:00:22 <zkriesse> Thanks all for coming
  28 
  29 17:00:22 <BasicXP> AndrewMC: nope
  30 
  31 17:00:27 <BasicXP> zkriesse: Thank you!
  32 
  33 17:00:28 <shadeslayer> ssup :D
  34 
  35 17:00:34 <noplamodo> \o
  36 
  37 17:00:38 <zkriesse> Can I uh get a sound off so I know who's here?
  38 
  39 17:00:39 <nisshh> :)
  40 
  41 17:00:45 * lfaraone is semi-here.
  42 
  43 17:00:49 <AndrewMC> me
  44 
  45 17:00:52 <skfin> Geez
  46 
  47 17:00:54 * noplamodo is lurking at the meeting
  48 
  49 17:00:54 <nisshh> here
  50 
  51 17:00:58 <zkriesse> #link https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuYouth/Meetings
  52 
  53 17:01:00 * BasicXP is here, but may suddenly disappear for no reason
  54 
  55 17:01:04 * JoeMaverickSett is here.
  56 
  57 17:01:09 <shadeslayer> if you hadnt highlighted me there ^ i would have forgotten :P
  58 
  59 17:01:09 <zkriesse> Our agenda https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuYouth/Meetings
  60 
  61 17:01:14 <shadeslayer> was watching House MD
  62 
  63 17:01:39 <zkriesse> Ok so, first topic
  64 
  65 17:01:46 <zkriesse> #topic New Members!!!
  66 
  67 17:01:46 <meetingology> TOPIC: New Members!!!
  68 
  69 17:02:18 <zkriesse> Since our last meeting we've gained a few members, I believe you know who you are.... nisshh JoeMaverickSett and popey I believe
  70 
  71 17:02:18 <shadeslayer> none i guess :D
  72 
  73 17:02:22 <shadeslayer> oh
  74 
  75 17:02:35 <nisshh> lol, FAIL shadeslayer :)
  76 
  77 17:02:38 <AndrewMC> and BasicXP has started coming into the channel :)
  78 
  79 17:02:48 <BasicXP> AndrewMC: yup :)
  80 
  81 17:02:50 * shadeslayer hasnt had a proper look at the channel then
  82 
  83 17:02:55 <zkriesse> Why don't those who've just joined us give a little intro about yourself
  84 
  85 17:03:02 <shadeslayer> ^ low caffeine causes that
  86 
  87 17:03:06 <zkriesse> starting with you BasicXP
  88 
  89 17:03:19 <skfin> zkriesse: Have I joined officially?
  90 
  91 17:03:37 <BasicXP> okay. My name is Roman, on the net i'm known as BasicXP. Currently an Ubuntu Member, main contribution - translations.
  92 
  93 17:03:42 <zkriesse> skfin: Ah yes I'm sorry I forgot you did...yes you have
  94 
  95 17:03:49 <skfin> Yeah, no problem
  96 
  97 17:03:59 <BasicXP> In summer started an "Ubuntu Videoguide" project in Russian
  98 
  99 17:04:05 <zkriesse> BasicXP: Very cool!
 100 
 101 17:04:08 <BasicXP> And yes, I'm from Russia (Moscow)
 102 
 103 17:04:10 <nisshh> nice
 104 
 105 17:04:13 <zkriesse> BasicXP: wiki page?
 106 
 107 17:04:15 <BasicXP> zkriesse: thanks! :)
 108 
 109 17:04:22 <BasicXP> zkriesse: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BasicXP
 110 
 111 17:04:23 <JoeMaverickSett> BasicXP: nice.
 112 
 113 17:04:36 <zkriesse> #link https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BasicXP
 114 
 115 17:04:36 <BasicXP> JoeMaverickSett: thx
 116 
 117 17:04:49 <zkriesse> skfin: why don't you go next
 118 
 119 17:05:23 <shadeslayer> BasicXP: awesome site ( ubuntu.ru )
 120 
 121 17:05:32 <skfin> My name is Sasu Karttunen, I'm known as skfin(wiki page is named as skfin as well). I support people when I can, I code my own stuff with python and pyqt, I do some translation fixes too
 122 
 123 17:05:39 <BasicXP> shadeslayer: yes it is (i didn't make it though :) )
 124 
 125 17:06:03 <zkriesse> #link https://wiki.ubuntu.com/skfin
 126 
 127 17:06:03 <shadeslayer> skfin: we do need more coders to teach :D
 128 
 129 17:06:30 <JoeMaverickSett> yup, the more the merrier! :)
 130 
 131 17:06:30 <zkriesse> skfin: Thank you Sasu
 132 
 133 17:06:35 <skfin> I also can do a bit with C++ and Qt...
 134 
 135 17:06:40 <zkriesse> skfin: very nice
 136 
 137 17:06:44 <skfin> Thanks
 138 
 139 17:06:50 <shadeslayer> ^ im starting out with Qt myself :)
 140 
 141 17:06:59 <zkriesse> nisshh: ? Anything to say?
 142 
 143 17:07:00 <BasicXP> i sadly only know how to make software on vb.net :)
 144 
 145 17:07:04 <nisshh> sure
 146 
 147 17:07:30 <shadeslayer> BasicXP: shouldnt be a problem, we shall convert you to qtcreator and other IDE's :D
 148 
 149 17:07:54 <nisshh> my name is Ryan Macnish, i am an Ubuntu Member (recently) and have contributed to many, many projects, including the Ubuntu Manual and Quickly.
 150 
 151 17:07:55 <BasicXP> shadeslayer: i thought of learning mono and glade actually
 152 
 153 17:07:59 <BasicXP> but have no time really
 154 
 155 17:08:03 <shadeslayer> :D
 156 
 157 17:08:05 <skfin> zkriesse: Just for note, you didn't add me to voters...but no problem if we don't vote about anything
 158 
 159 17:08:05 <BasicXP> only summer is free
 160 
 161 17:08:17 <nisshh> im also a bug triager, a python and C programmer, and a geek
 162 
 163 17:08:37 <shadeslayer> nisshh: where are you from?
 164 
 165 17:08:47 <nisshh> shadeslayer: oh yea, Australia
 166 
 167 17:08:48 <shadeslayer> and Wiki page
 168 
 169 17:09:33 <nisshh> zkriesse: next person :)
 170 
 171 17:10:27 <nisshh> my wiki page: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/RyanMacnish
 172 
 173 17:10:31 <zkriesse> #link https://wiki.ubuntu.com/RyanMacnish
 174 
 175 17:10:38 <zkriesse> Ok welcome new members!
 176 
 177 17:10:45 <popey> o/
 178 
 179 17:10:57 <nisshh> lol, forgot popey :)
 180 
 181 17:11:03 <shadeslayer> :P
 182 
 183 17:11:07 <zkriesse> Oh doth thou wish to "introduce" yourself?
 184 
 185 17:11:12 <popey> Hello, I'm Alan Pope (popey) I have been using Ubuntu since 4.10, and quite like it. You can find out all about me on my wiki and launchpad pages http://wiki.ubuntu.com/AlanPope http://launchpad.net/~popey
 186 
 187 17:11:28 <zkriesse> popey: You need no introduction...you're too awesome for that
 188 
 189 17:11:31 <zkriesse> :)
 190 
 191 17:11:34 <shadeslayer> wow.. someone who is using ubuntu from warthog :D
 192 
 193 17:11:34 <popey> hah, thanks
 194 
 195 17:11:39 <shadeslayer> yeah ^
 196 
 197 17:11:41 <nisshh> im popey's #1 fan!
 198 
 199 17:11:48 * popey hugs nisshh
 200 
 201 17:11:56 * nisshh hugs back
 202 
 203 17:12:00 <popey> cheque is in the post
 204 
 205 17:12:10 <nisshh> hehe
 206 
 207 17:12:13 <shadeslayer> hehe
 208 
 209 17:12:19 <zkriesse> lol
 210 
 211 17:12:30 <zkriesse> Ok our next order of business
 212 
 213 17:12:59 <zkriesse> #topic Mentorship for new members???
 214 
 215 17:12:59 <meetingology> TOPIC: Mentorship for new members???
 216 
 217 17:13:33 <zkriesse> I've decided to bring this up because we've not implemented a mentorship "program" as of yet due to a low influx of new members
 218 
 219 17:13:53 <zkriesse> And those that are coming in are already experienced in one if not several areas
 220 
 221 17:14:07 <zkriesse> So kinda wanna here your guys'es thoughs on this
 222 
 223 17:14:19 <shadeslayer> im all up for it
 224 
 225 17:14:30 <zkriesse> shadeslayer: In what way? How should we implement it?
 226 
 227 17:14:35 <shadeslayer> also.. i might be able to grab people from #kubuntu-devel
 228 
 229 17:14:50 <shadeslayer> zkriesse: ok so basically there are 3 aspects
 230 
 231 17:14:53 <shadeslayer> 1) Coding
 232 
 233 17:14:57 <nisshh> zkriesse: what about something similar to the bugsquad program?
 234 
 235 17:14:58 <shadeslayer> 2) Packaging
 236 
 237 17:15:05 <shadeslayer> 3) Bug triaging
 238 
 239 17:15:12 <zkriesse> shadeslayer: That's all about bugs though
 240 
 241 17:15:33 <shadeslayer> zkriesse: what else are we looking at?
 242 
 243 17:15:50 <shadeslayer> like .. are we looking at app development? ( then the above 3 work )
 244 
 245 17:15:55 <zkriesse> I'm refering to one in a much broader aspect..one that (hopefully) will include not only those but wiki tutorials, IRC basics, and maybe even launchpad
 246 
 247 17:16:27 <shadeslayer> oh.. hmm
 248 
 249 17:16:43 <shadeslayer> zkriesse: your the champ in the wiki area
 250 
 251 17:16:50 <zkriesse> Hence that's where I wish to here your thoughts....what should we implement and why
 252 
 253 17:16:58 <zkriesse> I know that most people get really into bugs...
 254 
 255 17:17:09 <zkriesse> I'm a rare exception in that I actually like wiki
 256 
 257 17:17:15 <zkriesse> Most dont in my experience
 258 
 259 17:17:23 <shadeslayer> :D
 260 
 261 17:17:38 <nisshh> iv done a bit of everything
 262 
 263 17:17:51 <AndrewMC> i know alot about IRC
 264 
 265 17:17:59 <skfin> Me too :)
 266 
 267 17:18:01 <zkriesse> AndrewMC: Yeah....you do.....lol
 268 
 269 17:18:10 <skfin> IRC is my thing I think
 270 
 271 17:18:11 <AndrewMC> lol
 272 
 273 17:19:00 <zkriesse> Ok so skfin and AndrewMC, would you guys be willing to maybe come up with an IRC Basics doc/presentation and then email it to me? Something that I could say, put up on the wiki?
 274 
 275 17:19:10 <zkriesse> Or even you guys could plan a session on it
 276 
 277 17:19:29 <skfin> zkriesse: Sure
 278 
 279 17:19:36 <AndrewMC> ya i think i can do that
 280 
 281 17:19:45 <JoeMaverickSett> hear hear! that would be good.
 282 
 283 17:19:48 <skfin> I think that tutorials to different clients would be ok too
 284 
 285 17:19:53 <zkriesse> I know AndrewMC is quite busy with school so don't worry about getting it done like tomorrow
 286 
 287 17:19:57 <zkriesse> skfin: Very good idea!
 288 
 289 17:20:09 * AndrewMC sighs in relief
 290 
 291 17:20:09 <skfin> xchat, and quassel at least
 292 
 293 17:20:14 <nisshh> skfin: we need one for irssi :)
 294 
 295 17:20:16 <zkriesse> #action AndrewMC and skfin to start working on an IRC Basics Tutorial
 296 
 297 17:20:16 * meetingology AndrewMC and skfin to start working on an IRC Basics Tutorial
 298 
 299 17:20:39 <skfin> nisshh: I think if someone wants to use irssi, he will read the manpages :P
 300 
 301 17:20:47 <shadeslayer> skfin: true :P
 302 
 303 17:20:49 <zkriesse> AndrewMC: and skfin thanks for that...as I said if you get it done whenever that's ok...There's no required time for it....
 304 
 305 17:20:53 <nisshh> yea
 306 
 307 17:21:11 <skfin> zkriesse: Yeah, I have lots of free time so time is not problem for me
 308 
 309 17:21:40 <AndrewMC> skfin: ya i will help when i can i just have alot going on with school
 310 
 311 17:21:49 <zkriesse> skfin: and AndrewMC many thanks guys!
 312 
 313 17:22:14 <zkriesse> Ok so packaging and a bugs basic tutorial...i know bilal wanted to do something but Ive not heard from him
 314 
 315 17:22:19 <zkriesse> Who'd like to take over that project?
 316 
 317 17:22:35 <skfin> AndrewMC: Sure, school is the main priority for all, at least it should be
 318 
 319 17:22:59 <nisshh> zkriesse: i could but bilal know a lot more than me about busg and packaging :)
 320 
 321 17:23:08 <AndrewMC> skfin: ya i am doing Omnibus (means: big study ) so....ya
 322 
 323 17:23:21 <skfin> Yeah.
 324 
 325 17:23:32 <shadeslayer> i can help with any kde* packages/ packaging bugs
 326 
 327 17:23:39 <nisshh> zkriesse: i have far more experience with Python and documentation
 328 
 329 17:23:56 <shadeslayer> so where ever you think i fit, put my name there:D
 330 
 331 17:24:01 <zkriesse> nisshh: Ok do you want to help me with wiki then?
 332 
 333 17:24:14 <nisshh> zkriesse: yea, sounds good
 334 
 335 17:24:22 <zkriesse> I've the need of a VERY proficient wiki editor...someone who could make a page in like, an hour
 336 
 337 17:24:44 <nisshh> im not that good, but yea, i can do wiki stuff
 338 
 339 17:24:49 <zkriesse> nisshh: Cool
 340 
 341 17:25:03 <zkriesse> #action zkriesse and nisshh to collaborate on a wiki "something"
 342 
 343 17:25:03 * meetingology zkriesse and nisshh to collaborate on a wiki "something"
 344 
 345 17:25:31 <zkriesse> shadeslayer: Think you could maybe start a packaging tutorial doc? Something really basic?
 346 
 347 17:25:56 <shadeslayer> thats already on the wiki, but sure ill need help in improving the docs
 348 
 349 17:26:08 <zkriesse> shadeslayer: ok thanks@
 350 
 351 17:26:26 <shadeslayer> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PackagingGuide <<
 352 
 353 17:26:35 <zkriesse> #action shadeslayer to improve a packaging doc
 354 
 355 17:26:35 * meetingology shadeslayer to improve a packaging doc
 356 
 357 17:26:41 <zkriesse> shadeslayer: thanks!
 358 
 359 17:26:51 <zkriesse> Anyone else wish to volunteer some time?
 360 
 361 17:27:07 <nisshh> popey: ^^^
 362 
 363 17:27:12 <BasicXP> zkriesse: maybe me, but I have no idea what to do :)
 364 
 365 17:27:22 <zkriesse> BasicXP: What are you proficient in?
 366 
 367 17:27:28 <zkriesse> BasicXP: Translations?
 368 
 369 17:27:35 <BasicXP> i guess so
 370 
 371 17:27:49 <zkriesse> BasicXP: Ok we'll talk after the meeting if that's cool
 372 
 373 17:27:51 <BasicXP> although i still didn't figure out how to work with gnome/kde upstream
 374 
 375 17:27:55 <BasicXP> zkriesse: okay
 376 
 377 17:28:18 <zkriesse> Ok so that pretty much covers the projects and mentorship topics
 378 
 379 17:28:24 <zkriesse> Unless anyone has anything else to add?
 380 
 381 17:28:28 <zkriesse> I'm all ears!
 382 
 383 17:28:51 <nisshh> tried to get popey's attention but he is off in lala land :)\
 384 
 385 17:28:55 <zkriesse> lol
 386 
 387 17:28:56 <skfin> zkriesse: I think that some video tutorials on irc would be cool. I mean, if we have time to do them after real irc basics doc...
 388 
 389 17:28:58 <popey> hah
 390 
 391 17:29:06 <popey> nah, just didn't know what you specifically were asking me nisshh
 392 
 393 17:29:06 <nisshh> oh, there he is! :)
 394 
 395 17:29:10 <BasicXP> i can do some screencasts too
 396 
 397 17:29:11 <popey> (didnt want to interrupt)
 398 
 399 17:29:18 <nisshh> ah ok
 400 
 401 17:29:20 <popey> \o/ screencasts
 402 
 403 17:29:28 <zkriesse> popey: Please, if you've anything to say say!
 404 
 405 17:29:46 <popey> on the subject of a packaging guide?
 406 
 407 17:29:54 <zkriesse> popey: Anything man!
 408 
 409 17:29:56 <popey> hah
 410 
 411 17:30:04 <skfin> Yeah, people likes more to watch screecasts than reading documentation
 412 
 413 17:30:05 <popey> well, there's a lot of stuff on the wiki about packaging
 414 
 415 17:30:14 <popey> and its quite hard to digest for many people
 416 
 417 17:30:19 <popey> so simpler guides might be nice..
 418 
 419 17:30:20 <popey> ..but..
 420 
 421 17:30:33 <popey> there are some fairly strict rules about packaging, which needs to be conveyed
 422 
 423 17:30:40 <popey> which makes it had to make it an easy guide
 424 
 425 17:30:59 <popey> if it's broken down into a billion steps and made easy to follow, it could well be a very useful tutorial / guide
 426 
 427 17:31:13 <popey> <EOF>
 428 
 429 17:31:19 <zkriesse> popey: Do you wish to help with that then?
 430 
 431 17:31:35 <popey> i dont have the time to contribute but could certainly review / test
 432 
 433 17:31:42 <zkriesse> popey: Ok thanks
 434 
 435 17:32:16 <zkriesse> Now that we've come up with some ideas shall we vote on them?
 436 
 437 17:32:26 <zkriesse> #voters AndrewMC ascenseur bachstudies czajkowski Ddorda highvoltage jpds lfaraone lhavelund nisshh noplamodo popey Puck` ryanakca shadeslayer JoeMaverickSett pedro3005 Kaia skfin
 438 
 439 17:32:26 <meetingology> Current voters: AndrewMC Ddorda JoeMaverickSett Kaia Puck` ascenseur bachstudies czajkowski highvoltage jpds lfaraone lhavelund nisshh noplamodo pedro3005 popey ryanakca shadeslayer skfin
 440 
 441 17:32:33 <zkriesse> #vote Shall we vote?
 442 
 443 17:32:33 <meetingology> Please vote on: Shall we vote?
 444 
 445 17:32:33 <meetingology> Public votes can be registered by saying +1, +0 or -1 in channel, (private votes don't work yet, but when they do it will be by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0 to me)
 446 
 447 17:32:39 <noplamodo> +1
 448 
 449 17:32:39 <meetingology> +1 received from noplamodo
 450 
 451 17:32:43 <zkriesse> +1
 452 
 453 17:32:43 <BasicXP> +1
 454 
 455 17:32:46 <AndrewMC> +1
 456 
 457 17:32:46 <meetingology> +1 received from AndrewMC
 458 
 459 17:32:47 <nisshh> +1
 460 
 461 17:32:47 <meetingology> +1 received from nisshh
 462 
 463 17:32:51 <BasicXP> d'oh!
 464 
 465 17:32:51 <JoeMaverickSett> +1
 466 
 467 17:32:51 <meetingology> +1 received from JoeMaverickSett
 468 
 469 17:32:55 <shadeslayer> +1
 470 
 471 17:32:55 <meetingology> +1 received from shadeslayer
 472 
 473 17:32:55 <popey> +0 :) If people want to, go ahead :)
 474 
 475 17:33:01 <skfin> +1
 476 
 477 17:33:01 <meetingology> +1 received from skfin
 478 
 479 17:33:33 <zkriesse> #endvote
 480 
 481 17:33:33 <meetingology> Voting ended on: Shall we vote?
 482 
 483 17:33:33 <meetingology> Votes for:6 Votes against:0 Abstentions:0
 484 
 485 17:33:33 <meetingology> Motion carried
 486 
 487 17:34:00 <shadeslayer> popey: your vote wasnt added :(
 488 
 489 17:34:07 <zkriesse> #voters AndrewMC ascenseur bachstudies czajkowski Ddorda highvoltage jpds lfaraone lhavelund nisshh noplamodo popey Puck` ryanakca shadeslayer JoeMaverickSett pedro3005 Kaia skfin BasicXP
 490 
 491 17:34:07 <meetingology> Current voters: AndrewMC BasicXP Ddorda JoeMaverickSett Kaia Puck` ascenseur bachstudies czajkowski highvoltage jpds lfaraone lhavelund nisshh noplamodo pedro3005 popey ryanakca shadeslayer skfin
 492 
 493 17:34:17 <zkriesse> shadeslayer: popey did +0
 494 
 495 17:34:18 <popey> file a bug in meetingology :)
 496 
 497 17:34:32 <shadeslayer> zkriesse: hehe.. but it shows Abstentions : 0
 498 
 499 17:34:38 <popey> zkriesse: yeah, it wasn't counted as an abstent... what shadeslayer said
 500 
 501 17:34:43 <popey> bug AlanBell :)
 502 
 503 17:34:46 <zkriesse> #vote Mentorship process, shall we implement!?
 504 
 505 17:34:46 <meetingology> Please vote on: Mentorship process, shall we implement!?
 506 
 507 17:34:46 <meetingology> Public votes can be registered by saying +1, +0 or -1 in channel, (private votes don't work yet, but when they do it will be by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0 to me)
 508 
 509 17:34:55 <zkriesse> OH I'll bug him
 510 
 511 17:34:59 <zkriesse> +1
 512 
 513 17:35:01 <nisshh> +1
 514 
 515 17:35:01 <meetingology> +1 received from nisshh
 516 
 517 17:35:08 <BasicXP> +0
 518 
 519 17:35:11 <skfin> +0
 520 
 521 17:35:15 <BasicXP> didn't work for me either
 522 
 523 17:35:17 <BasicXP> -0
 524 
 525 17:35:18 <shadeslayer> +1 from me too...
 526 
 527 17:35:19 <zkriesse> #voters zkriesse
 528 
 529 17:35:19 <meetingology> Current voters: AndrewMC BasicXP Ddorda JoeMaverickSett Kaia Puck` ascenseur bachstudies czajkowski highvoltage jpds lfaraone lhavelund nisshh noplamodo pedro3005 popey ryanakca shadeslayer skfin zkriesse
 530 
 531 17:35:25 <BasicXP> and that either
 532 
 533 17:35:25 <zkriesse> +1
 534 
 535 17:35:25 <meetingology> +1 received from zkriesse
 536 
 537 17:35:27 <noplamodo> +1
 538 
 539 17:35:27 <meetingology> +1 received from noplamodo
 540 
 541 17:35:30 <nisshh> hehe
 542 
 543 17:35:32 <AndrewMC> +1
 544 
 545 17:35:32 <meetingology> +1 received from AndrewMC
 546 
 547 17:35:34 <BasicXP> 0
 548 
 549 17:35:34 <meetingology> 0 received from BasicXP
 550 
 551 17:35:36 <shadeslayer> +1
 552 
 553 17:35:36 <meetingology> +1 received from shadeslayer
 554 
 555 17:35:37 <BasicXP> oh there
 556 
 557 17:35:40 <BasicXP> hehe
 558 
 559 17:35:40 <zkriesse> #voters BasicXP
 560 
 561 17:35:40 <meetingology> Current voters: AndrewMC BasicXP Ddorda JoeMaverickSett Kaia Puck` ascenseur bachstudies czajkowski highvoltage jpds lfaraone lhavelund nisshh noplamodo pedro3005 popey ryanakca shadeslayer skfin zkriesse
 562 
 563 17:35:45 <czajkowski> -1
 564 
 565 17:35:45 <meetingology> -1 received from czajkowski
 566 
 567 17:35:58 <JoeMaverickSett> +1
 568 
 569 17:35:58 <meetingology> +1 received from JoeMaverickSett
 570 
 571 17:36:04 <BasicXP> i just don't get what mentorship is, that's why zero
 572 
 573 17:36:04 <shadeslayer> +1
 574 
 575 17:36:04 <meetingology> +1 received from shadeslayer
 576 
 577 17:36:49 <zkriesse> anyone else wish to vote?
 578 
 579 17:37:05 <zkriesse> #endvote
 580 
 581 17:37:05 <meetingology> Voting ended on: Mentorship process, shall we implement!?
 582 
 583 17:37:05 <meetingology> Votes for:6 Votes against:1 Abstentions:1
 584 
 585 17:37:05 <meetingology> Motion carried
 586 
 587 17:37:19 <skfin> It seems that the bot counted two votes form shadeslayer
 588 
 589 17:37:30 <zkriesse> Ok our next order of business
 590 
 591 17:37:38 <zkriesse> #Topic WE HAVE A FORUM!!!!!!!!
 592 
 593 17:37:38 <meetingology> TOPIC: WE HAVE A FORUM!!!!!!!!
 594 
 595 17:37:43 <shadeslayer> :D
 596 
 597 17:37:46 <BasicXP> :)
 598 
 599 17:37:50 <AndrewMC> uy-forums.net
 600 
 601 17:37:51 <zkriesse> We have a forum now....!
 602 
 603 17:37:57 <shadeslayer> aye :D
 604 
 605 17:37:58 <AndrewMC> head on over and sign up
 606 
 607 17:38:01 <zkriesse> #link http://www.uy-forums.net
 608 
 609 17:38:15 <JoeMaverickSett> signed up already... :D
 610 
 611 17:38:25 <AndrewMC> then get a postin!
 612 
 613 17:38:30 <nisshh> same, already signed up
 614 
 615 17:38:36 <nisshh> heh
 616 
 617 17:38:38 <BasicXP> better add some languages to the forum
 618 
 619 17:38:44 <BasicXP> like russian for example
 620 
 621 17:38:50 <zkriesse> If and when ya'll sign up please start posting that way the mods can move you from the moderation que
 622 
 623 17:39:17 <shadeslayer> yeah :D
 624 
 625 17:39:18 <BasicXP> although i have no problems of understanding english, others might
 626 
 627 17:39:25 <zkriesse> BasicXP: agreed
 628 
 629 17:39:28 <zkriesse> welcome kvarley
 630 
 631 17:39:33 <AndrewMC> BasicXP: we will work on that
 632 
 633 17:39:57 <BasicXP> AndrewMC: if there is any need to help translating - contact me
 634 
 635 17:40:07 <zkriesse> BasicXP: We will indeed
 636 
 637 17:40:07 <AndrewMC> BasicXP: ok thanks
 638 
 639 17:40:11 <zkriesse> BasicXP: You can count on it
 640 
 641 17:40:15 <shadeslayer> zkriesse: will i get a mail saying that a new post was created?
 642 
 643 17:40:16 <BasicXP> okay
 644 
 645 17:40:30 <zkriesse> shadeslayer: IF you subscribe to the thread yes
 646 
 647 17:40:36 <shadeslayer> oh
 648 
 649 17:40:37 <BasicXP> and the design... i saw the ubuntu one only after registering
 650 
 651 17:40:49 <zkriesse> shadeslayer: But it's not an automatic function
 652 
 653 17:40:54 <BasicXP> i see that's phpbb and default theme can be easily changed
 654 
 655 17:40:56 <zkriesse> BasicXP: Yes we're working on that as well
 656 
 657 17:41:12 <BasicXP> that's just a parameter somewhere around in the admin panel
 658 
 659 17:41:21 <zkriesse> BasicXP: I've got to go in the ACP and fix it
 660 
 661 17:41:27 <BasicXP> umhum
 662 
 663 17:41:54 <zkriesse> Ok our last topic, by AndrewMC
 664 
 665 17:41:58 <zkriesse> #Chair AndrewMC
 666 
 667 17:41:58 <meetingology> Current chairs: AndrewMC zkriesse
 668 
 669 17:42:03 <BasicXP> and i think the style should be upgraded a bit
 670 
 671 17:42:09 <BasicXP> i can try to do that as well
 672 
 673 17:42:11 <AndrewMC> ok
 674 
 675 17:42:12 <AndrewMC> Hey everyone. As we all know freenode has quite a bit of clone and bot attacks. To help and prevent this from ever happening in UY's channel i highly suggest that all of you set enforce on with NickServ as it will set a 30 second time limit on identifying and if the time limit has been exceeded with no identifying your nick is changed it is done via /ns set enforce on
 676 
 677 17:42:23 <zkriesse> AndrewMC: add your topic dude!
 678 
 679 17:42:36 <zkriesse> #topic Freenode/Nickserv registration
 680 
 681 17:42:36 <meetingology> TOPIC: Freenode/Nickserv registration
 682 
 683 17:42:41 <shadeslayer> AndrewMC: already have that :)
 684 
 685 17:43:01 <AndrewMC> zkriesse: not registraition.... enforce
 686 
 687 17:43:26 <AndrewMC> if your client can auto idenitfy you will see no change
 688 
 689 17:43:34 <BasicXP> zkriesse: contact me please after the meeting, wanna talk bout the forum
 690 
 691 17:43:47 <AndrewMC> only if someone tries to imperonate you they will not be able too
 692 
 693 17:44:53 <nisshh> i thought it was impossible if your nick was registered?
 694 
 695 17:45:15 <zkriesse> nisshh: if you don't have enforce set on then it's possible
 696 
 697 17:45:18 <shadeslayer> nisshh: no..
 698 
 699 17:45:23 <nisshh> ah ok
 700 
 701 17:45:23 <skfin> nisshh: You should enforce auth for your nick too
 702 
 703 17:45:24 <shadeslayer> you can still /nick foo
 704 
 705 17:45:29 <nisshh> right
 706 
 707 17:45:32 <shadeslayer> when foo is registered
 708 
 709 17:45:50 <skfin> And its done by /msg NickServ set enforce on
 710 
 711 17:45:52 <shadeslayer> ns will ask for the password, but wont change your nick
 712 
 713 17:45:55 <nisshh> so if i set enforce, i can still auto identify with freenode?
 714 
 715 17:46:00 <shadeslayer> nisshh: yes
 716 
 717 17:46:04 <nisshh> ok
 718 
 719 17:46:31 <skfin> nisshh: It just makes your nick impossible to use withouth authenticating.
 720 
 721 17:46:37 <skfin> In 30s
 722 
 723 17:46:59 <nisshh> yep
 724 
 725 17:48:12 <skfin> We should implement this to irc basics doc too :P
 726 
 727 17:48:27 <nisshh> yea
 728 
 729 17:48:52 <zkriesse> OK so final topic of
 730 
 731 17:48:56 <nisshh> ok, i put enforce on
 732 
 733 17:49:17 <zkriesse> #Topic Any concerns, questions, or ideas? Please, share with the rest of the class!
 734 
 735 17:49:17 <meetingology> TOPIC: Any concerns, questions, or ideas? Please, share with the rest of the class!
 736 
 737 17:49:54 <BasicXP> forum improvement
 738 
 739 17:50:09 <BasicXP> i would like to do that
 740 
 741 17:50:11 <AndrewMC> BasicXP: what do you mean
 742 
 743 17:50:20 <BasicXP> wait a sec please
 744 
 745 17:50:28 <skfin> What kind of IRC doc we should actually write? Ubuntu wiki has some already and we shouldn't just rewrite them
 746 
 747 17:50:41 <AndrewMC> i aggree skfin
 748 
 749 17:50:54 <zkriesse> skfin: One that includes like, proper etiquette
 750 
 751 17:51:04 <skfin> And freenode stuff, ok
 752 
 753 17:51:11 <zkriesse> Unless you wish to improve what is already there
 754 
 755 17:51:16 <skfin> Screencasts would be cool as I said
 756 
 757 17:51:19 <nisshh> and specific irc client stuff
 758 
 759 17:51:40 * BasicXP is back
 760 
 761 17:51:42 <zkriesse> yes
 762 
 763 17:51:46 <popey> the screencasts team could do with help!
 764 
 765 17:52:03 <BasicXP> AndrewMC: forum design (has to be upgraded), languages (have to be installed) etc.
 766 
 767 17:52:13 <nisshh> popey: i might be able to make some once i get my new computer next month
 768 
 769 17:52:14 <AndrewMC> BasicXP: why design upgrade?
 770 
 771 17:52:22 <skfin> nisshh: There are already: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/InternetRelayChat#IRC%20Clients'
 772 
 773 17:52:25 <BasicXP> cuz that's the old font, old logo
 774 
 775 17:52:31 <skfin> Remove ' from end
 776 
 777 17:52:36 <AndrewMC> BasicXP: we are only about 3 weeks old
 778 
 779 17:52:39 <AndrewMC> we are working on it
 780 
 781 17:52:42 <nisshh> skfin: i mean docs that cover MORE clients
 782 
 783 17:52:44 <BasicXP> oh okay
 784 
 785 17:52:54 <skfin> nisshh: Ok...
 786 
 787 17:52:55 <zkriesse> BasicXP: Yeah we're still working/improving it
 788 
 789 17:52:56 <AndrewMC> no the team but forums
 790 
 791 17:53:18 <nisshh> skfin: there are newer ones like weechat and stuff that arent covered
 792 
 793 17:53:31 <zkriesse> OK!
 794 
 795 17:53:38 <zkriesse> I think that about covers our meeting....
 796 
 797 17:53:45 <nisshh> hehe
 798 
 799 17:54:16 <zkriesse> Thanks all for the volunteering for projects, ideas, showing up, and just being awesome!
 800 
 801 17:54:31 * zkriesse starts a team highfive
 802 
 803 17:54:42 <nisshh> *highfive*
 804 
 805 17:54:46 * JoeMaverickSett high5
 806 
 807 17:54:49 <skfin> *highfive*
 808 
 809 17:54:51 * AndrewMC high5
 810 
 811 17:55:10 <nisshh> zkriesse: this could become a tradition for this channel
 812 
 813 17:55:10 <zkriesse> Thanks all!
 814 
 815 17:55:15 <nisshh> :)
 816 
 817 17:55:15 <zkriesse> nisshh: it could indeed
 818 
 819 17:55:18 * BasicXP highfives
 820 
 821 17:55:20 <zkriesse> #endmeeting


CategoryUbuntuYouth

UbuntuYouth/Meetings/Current (last edited 2010-09-12 03:33:13 by zkriesse)