What is Ubuntu Kylin ?
The objective of the Ubuntu Kylin project is to create a variant of Ubuntu that is more suitable for Chinese users. We are committed to provide you with a delicate, thoughtful and fully customized Chinese user experience out-of-the-box. For instance, by providing a desktop user interface localized in Chinese and installing common software that Chinese users commonly use by default. Ubuntu Kylin has been a formal member of the Ubuntu family, since Ubuntu Kylin 13.04. Now, we are working on 15.10.
What's new in Ubuntu Kylin 15.10 Beta 2
Note: this is an Beta pre-release, which is not suitable for normal users, but for Ubuntu Kylin developers and users who want to help us test by finding, reporting, and fixing bugs.
We are glad to announce the Release of Ubuntu Kylin 15.10 (codename Wily Werewolf) Beta 2. In this pre-release, we have fixed many internationalization and localization bugs in Ubuntu itself and bugs in software written by the Ubuntu Kylin team. All the work that Ubuntu Kylin team do is within the Ubuntu community and ecosystem and as such they are flowed back to Ubuntu itself naturally and everyone using Ubuntu can benefit the result of our work.
Changes since 15.04
Besides a plethora of bugs fixed in this milestone, several Ubuntu Kylin specific packages have also been updated:
- ubuntukylin-theme updated to 1.4.0
- change the unity-greeter's logo for Ubuntu Kylin 15.10 (LP: #1466781)
- change the Plymouth text for Ubuntu Kylin 15.10 (LP: #1466784)
- ubuntukylin-default-settings updated to 1.3.10
- Details overview's logo needs to be updated for Ubuntu Kylin 15.04.(LP: #1467839)
- The name of the expanded files for zip file display of garbage characters (LP: #1462848:)
- ubuntu-kylin-software-center, updated to 1.3.6
- Add the installation, upgrade, uninstall software progress bar display.
- Optimize the list, add the mouse hover effect.
- Optimize the state of the progress bar, bugs when dealing with broken network download and install.
- Optimize the blurbs, add a layer of the gradient background,solve the problem of dislocation window after expanding ads.
- Fixed bug #1476911 #1476983 #1368189 #1373931 #1385082 #1418364 #1420653 #1368170 #1374309 #1375578 #1326696 #1375587 #1379196 etc
- task show in wrong logic when task exe failed but letter success in the next same task (LP: #1483978)
The btn which can't be alicked should not be show in MultiFunctionBtn on appdetailpage (LP: #1484854)
- youker-assistant, updated to 2.0.3
- Deal with situation when the scanning garbage is empty.
- Display hardware manufacturer logo.
- Add Gio.Settings notify for Unity and Mate settings.
- Make interface switching more smoothly.
- Adjust the layout of interface.
- Beautify skin center, menu, info module and setting module.
- Rewrite skin center, aboutdialog and animation.
- Add upgrade function.
- Delete debug logs and command history.
- Rewrite camera module and replace pygame with opencv.
- Make dash blur experimental normal(LP: #1430118).
- Modify custom skin filter(LP: #1475074).
- indicator-china-weather, updated to 2.1.3
- Repair the real-time temperature and humidity.
- Optimize the forecast interface.
- Modified Database.
- Rewrite UI with css.
Project page: http://www.launchpad.net/ubuntukylin
Bug tracker: http://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntukylin
IRC channel: irc.freenode.net #ubuntukylin-devel
Mailing list: ubuntukylin-devel
- Chinese QQ Group:
- Developers: 125729037
- Users 1: 262012757
- Users 2: 306929327
- Users 3: 75642661
- Users 4: 398104181
- Users 5: 8010855
- Wechat: UK201304
The Beta 2 ISO can be downloaded from here.
Below is the list of prominent bugs that are existing in Beta 2:
when I input something in Dash, Dash panel forced termination.(bug #1403744)
The name of the expanded files for zip file display of garbage characters (bug #1462848)
The CandidateView of Chinese input method obscured by the Dash page (bug #1465512)
Can't select the menu items of the right-click in Launcher and shutdown dialog by using the mouse (bug #1465521)
The description of the installed system is almost entirely in English (bug #1465530)
The The Chinese input method cannot be enabled in the installed system (bug #1465535)
The terminal cannot be enabled in the installed system (bug #1465537)
"Desktop" is not localized in live mode (bug #1306866)
failed to boot from USB disk with error: gfxboot.c32: not a COM32R Image boot: (bug #1325801)
Redirect release notes requests to Ubuntu Kylin's relevant pages (bug #1330414)
Other outstanding issues that are planned to be fixed in the Wily cycle can be found here.
For issues related to Ubuntu itself, please refer to the Ubuntu project at Launchpad.
Thanks to everyone involving in the development of Ubuntu Kylin, the success of Ubuntu Kylin 15.10 would the result of our joint efforts. If you want to be a contributor of Ubuntu Kylin,see: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuKylin/NewContributorGuide and https://developer.ubuntukylin.com.
WilyWerewolf/Beta2/UbuntuKylin (last edited 2015-09-24 12:16:34 by zctgbhu)