2010-01-10 Meeting Minutes
- Pasi (knome) – chair
- Charlie (charlie-tca)
- Jim (j1mc)
- Lionel (mr_pouit)
- Partly: Cody (cody-somerville)
- Partly: (dhillon-v10)
- Visited: (Sysi)
The governancy part of the current Strategy Document can be found at Xubuntu/StrategyDocument#Xubuntu Governance & Team Structure
- Lionel will act as Project Leader (PL) as per the current Strategy Document and is tasked with considering the formation of a council.
- The Xubuntu project will advance towards a Council-based governance approach.
The Xubuntu Council
- The Council size should be 5 members, with one of them being the PL.
- PL will have a vote in every voting in the Council, not just as a tie-breaker.
- The 4 members in the Council in addition to the PL should be selected by the existing Xubuntu Contributors.
- The appropriate Team Lead can be the tiebreaker in a vote, but only if PL is absent.
- The council should *aim* to have balanced membership across the different aspects/teams of Xubuntu.
- The council should be named/selected after every LTS release. Thus, every season lasts for 2 years.
Agenda items for the next meeting
- Discuss about the new team structure in the next meeting.
Team reports and announcements
- Michael (NCommander) takes some time off Xubuntu development; ENOTIME.
- Lionel has done great traging and fixing bugs.
- Jim has written new docs for xfce4-screenshooter in Mallard.
- Jim is working on and recruiting for both the Xubuntu and Xfce documentation.
- Shimmer announced the deadline for Albatross 0.2 to be 1st of March so we will have time to incorporate it into Lucid, if decided so.
- Charlie files bugs about Albatross accessibility issues so the artwork guys can work on them.
To be done...
- Continue looking how 4.8 is progressing and possible include it in Lucid.
- Artwork team to look on Plymouth and plan on creating a theme.
Marketing team to look after Ubiquity slideshows.
- Pasi and Jim continue theming the Xubuntu documentation.