2011-03-17 Meeting Minutes
- ask knome to do some drafts with a grey background and a black background - carried forward
- knome is to set up a tele-conference of some type to discuss marketing - carried forward/after natty releases
Packaging & Development
- uploaded fixes for xubuntu-default-settings and xubuntu-artwork.
- Uploaded fixes to correctly display translated desktop file names in Thunar and Xfdesktop4.
- Some bugfix in garcon as well.
- Included more mimetypes in xfburn.desktop.
Bug Triage & Testing
- Images were broken all week, the alternate image installs great.
Website & Marketing
- Still waiting on canonical to set up wordpress.
- Suggestion from ochosi - it would be great if the first page would show the slideshow that is shown during installation.
I want to thank every artist for their work and I apologize for the license issues not being verified before the end of the contest period.
The wallpapers are at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/Artwork/Natty.
- licensed cc-by-sa, unfortunately, it contains images licensed cc-by-nc-sa
- Default wallpaper for Xubuntu Natty Narwhal
- copyrighted by the author, "all rights reserved"
- A vote was held to decide which of the remaining would be available on the CD, results were a tie (4/4). Project Lead determined that the image by leogg would be the winner.
- Anyone wants to go to UDS-O needs to submit their application for sponsorship, please
Any Other Business
- Next meeting is in one week, March 24, #ubuntu-meeting, at 19:00 UTC.
The Global Jam is coming up in a couple weeks https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuGlobalJam
- We need to insure the Xubuntu testing pages are updated for a loco to use during this event.
Action items for the 2011-3-17 meeting
- Charlie as Project Lead will draw up a proposal to be added the the Xubuntu Strategy Document for choosing a new Project Lead by community vote
Launchpad bug 720652 in ubiquity (Ubuntu) "[Xubuntu] maybe-ubiquity/new greeter support" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/720652
Please see the previous log
The governancy part of the current Strategy Document can be found at Xubuntu/StrategyDocument#Xubuntu Governance & Team Structure
- The Xubuntu project will advance towards a Council-based governance approach.
The Xubuntu Council
- The Council size should be 5 members, with one of them being the PL.
- PL will have a vote in every voting in the Council, not just as a tie-breaker.
- The 4 members in the Council in addition to the PL should be selected by the existing Xubuntu Contributors.
- The appropriate Team Lead can be the tiebreaker in a vote, but only if PL is absent.
- The council should *aim* to have balanced membership across the different aspects/teams of Xubuntu.
- The council should be named/selected after every LTS release. Thus, every season lasts for 2 years.
2011-03-17 Meeting Log
- People Present: