2013-12-05

Meeting information

Meeting summary

Items carried on

The discussion about "Items carried on" started at 19:01.

  • Open action items from previous meeting (19:01)

    • ACTION: knome to prepare the website for the desktop of the week

Team updates

The discussion about "Team updates" started at 19:02.

  • ochosi is testing getting rid of gnome-icon-theme in 14.04 to reduce overhead
  • Everyone can test that by using the shimmer daily PPA (bluesabre put up trusty packages today)
  • skellat is satisfied with testing whiskermenu via no-change backport to 12.04 and is willing to vote on a proposal to make it default
  • LINK: https://launchpad.net/~shimmerproject/+archive/daily

  • skellat has made no-change backport versions available in ppa:skellat/tests for those willing to try whiskermenu who are not yet on trusty
  • LINK: https://launchpad.net/~skellat/+archive/tests

  • ali1234 made a tool to easily change panel layouts: https://github.com/ali1234/panel-switch/

  • command line only at the moment, but it does the job. needs someone to design a gui
  • ACTION: knome to create a wikipage for panel layout switcher

New ang emerging items

The discussion about "New and emerging items" started at 19:14.

  • Fixing the Gtk2 sound indicator in Saucy, in a way that can be SRU'd (ali1234) (19:15)

    • ACTION: skellat and ali1234 to look at the SRU progress for indicator-sound-GTK2

    • ACTION: micahg-work to SRU indicator-sound-GTK2

    • ACTION: team to review indicator-sound-GTK2 progress next week and send an update to the mailing list

  • Schedule next meeting (19:33)

    • Next meeting Thursday Dec 12, 19UTC

Action items, by person

  • ali1234
    • skellat and ali1234 to look at the SRU progress for indicator-sound-GTK2
  • knome
    • knome to prepare the website for the desktop of the week
    • knome to create a wikipage for panel layout switcher
  • micahg-work
    • micahg-work to SRU indicator-sound-GTK2
  • skellat
    • skellat and ali1234 to look at the SRU progress for indicator-sound-GTK2
  • team
    • team to review indicator-sound-GTK2 progress next week and send an update to the mailing list

People present (lines said)

  • knome (68)
  • ali1234 (31)
  • ochosi (15)
  • skellat (14)
  • micahg-work (13)
  • meetingology (11)
  • elfy (4)
  • jjfrv8-work (3)
  • Noskcaj (3)
  • slickymaster (2)
  • Unit193 (2)
  • ubottu (1)
  • pleia2 (1)
  • team (0)

Xubuntu/Meetings/Archive/Minutes/2013-12-05 (last edited 2013-12-05 19:36:07 by knome)