We are preparing Kubuntu Zesty Zapus (17.04) for Beta 2 on March 13, 2017. With this Beta 2 pre-release, you can see what we are preparing for our next release.
This is Beta 12 Release. Kubuntu Beta Releases are NOT recommended for:
- Regular users who are not aware of pre-release issues
- Anyone who needs a stable system
- Anyone uncomfortable running a possibly frequently broken system
- Anyone in a production environment with data or workflows that need to be reliable
Kubuntu Beta Releases are recommended for:
- Regular users who want to help us test by finding, reporting, and/or fixing bugs
- Kubuntu, KDE, and Qt developers
Getting Kubuntu 17.04 Beta 2
Upgrading from 16.10
Download a Disk Image
To upgrade to Kubuntu 17.04 pre-releases from 16.10, run do-release-upgrade -d from a command line.
Plasma 5.9 - Designed to be a Breeze, Plasma 5 is simple by default, powerful when needed
Plasma 5, the new generation of KDE's desktop has been developed to make it smoother to use while retaining the familiar setup.
KDE Applications 16.12.3
Kubuntu comes with KDE Applications 16.12.3 containing all your favourite apps from KDE, with the exception of PIM and related products.
Other Beta 2 Highlights
- KDE Frameworks 5.31
- Calligra Office Suite updated to Qt/KF5 version 18.104.22.168
- Krita latest bugfix release - after this popular and advanced digital painting application was split from Calligra.
- K3B updated to a Qt5/KF5 snapshot of the version to be included in KDE's next applications release.
- Okular PDF and document reader is now Qt/KF5 in apps 16.12
- Kdevelop is now the most recent bugfix release of the new version 5.0.x series.
- Numerous application and translation updates from KDE.
KDE Bug: 377008 Breeze scrollbar width with Firefox (version >= 52) broken (too wide)
(1638473) Blank screen after running oem-config
(1530523) Kcm_driver_manager: Infinitely shows Collecting information. Workaround: run sudo update-apt-xapian-index in the commandline before running Driver Manager, or run Muon
(1442512) Apport-kde crash when reporting bugs
(1449265) accounts kcm can not change user's password because kdepasswd is missing
(1451728) kde-config-telepathy-accounts package install error
(1514491) kubuntu desktop inconsistency and integration issues: scrollbars. gtk3 button placement also not integrated
(1561745) OEM config fails to remove itself
Development of Kubuntu 17.04, Zesty Zapus, is ongoing and bugs are fixed every day. Before reporting bugs, please ensure your system is up to date. For verifying installation related bugs, updated disk images are available from Daily bootable images for standard PCs and laptops.